“There are other choices here” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Corydon
Fayetteville, Tennessee
“There are other choices here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

The hotel is under going renovations. It needs it. The first room had been smoked in badly, so back to the desk. The second room had no beds, so back to the desk. The third room had a moldy air conditioner. I should have gone back to the desk but by then I was very angry. I would have left if I had not used points to discount my room price and I had a funeral to get to. I was dealing with the owner, not the manager, or a hourly worker. When I complained in the morning it was ignored. I contacted the corporate office. At least I did get my points back. A dirty a/c is a housekeeping issue. Ask for a fully renovated room. I usually like Holiday Inn Express, its simple, nice and what I need. When this location is done it will be nice again.

Room Tip: Make sure your room has been fully renovated and inspect your room for cleanliness.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Corydon, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear tm m,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We work hard to deliver memorable guest experiences but it is unfortunate that we weren't able to do so on this occasion. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you may have had with the condition of the room and level of service received from our staff. We will address this with the appropriate departments to consider for improvements needed in our efforts.

We value you as our IHG Rewards Club Member and regret the shortcomings experienced.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

121 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Corydon, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We are from Wisconsin and have family in Corydon and the nearby area we visit each year. We stay at the Holiday Inn Express each time and will go back again next time. A brother and sister come with us from IL so we get adjoining rooms which are comfortable and clean. Even our little 9 pound pup said she appreciates all the staff cause they are very kind to her. She was also thankful to have rooms on the top floor so we could get our exercise by using the stairs while my husband used the elevator cause of back problems. Breakfast is always good and the pool/spa entertains the adults as well as the kids...... I always bring food along and the HIE lets us use the breakfast area to have a luncheon for the whole family. We'll be back next time..........

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
William B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Corydon, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
We are always pleased when our guests have a great experience at our hotel. We look forward to your return visit and appreciate your comments.
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

My wife and I stopped at this hotel on a road trip from the east coast to the Midwest. We stayed one night on both the drive out and back. We found the staff friendly and helpful, the hotel was clean, well stocked and we got a good night's sleep. We had stayed here before and had a concern about staying again (it seemed a little run down), but the hotel management has stepped it up and really improved things. We'd have no hesitation booking a future reservation here!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Katen P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Corydon, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
We are glad that you had a great experience at our hotel. It's nice to know that you noticed that we've made some upgrades to improve our facility. We appreciate your comments.
Ossian, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Took the family skiing in Paoli, 40 minutes away, and stayed at Corydon-Holiday Inn Express. Rooms were clean, comfortable, quiet, and well stocked. Staff was pleasant and helpfull. Breakfast was hot and plentyful not just pancakes or waffles. Several fast food and sit down restaurants to choose from in close proximity. We all enjoyed our stay and would go back again. Was pleased that the rooms didn't have the typical cigarette masked hotel smell. Pool and hot tub were inviting and clean.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor had less noise, and no possibility of feet running around over your head.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for your positive review. We are in close proximity to Paoli Peaks and have many families and groups stay with us while they ski. We are also within walking distance to several restaurants and the Wal-Mart Supercenter.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I travel for my business and stay 120 nights a year in hotels, and here is my story:

My family and I were traveling from Atlanta to Chicago for the holidays. We decided to stay at the HIE in Corydon for the night. We chose this hotel solely on the basis of it accepted pets and it had a hot tub.
We were warmly greeted by the staff and they had "home made" Christmas cookies ready for the folks staying at their hotel. Very nice. Seeing we had a pet they switched our room to a first floor room, thinking of us.
Once I got my family unpacked and into the room they checked up on us. We hit the hot tub and it was perfect temperature and it worked!
The night was quiet and the mornings breakfast was fresh and warm. The staff made it a point to come by our table and ask if we needed anything. That is very rare.
We had such a good time there we rebooked our stay for the following weekend as we traveled back home. QUALITY HOTEL AND STAFF - STAY THERE

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thanks very much for the glowing review. Our staff is very serious about ensuring that our guests have a quality experience at our hotel. We hope that you stay with us in the future.
Carlyle, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Had a great stay at the Coydon H I Express. Arrived after dark and checked into a perfect 3rd floor room. Very clean, very comfortable. Recently remodeled with contemporary colors, fixtures and trim.
Lobby is very open, clean, and inviting. Big flat panel TV mounted on wall of the lobby dinning room. Very nice, contemporary tables and chairs. The breakfast was the usual fair but, with some pretty tasty "institutional style" eggs. Some china plates are available - nice touch. The coffee was hot and the milk was cold - just the way I like em.
Jessie worked the front desk in the morning. She helped me send some important papers by FAX back to my office. The fax machine was a little iffy and it didn't phase her - she re-faxed and confirmed it. Great job Jessie. Your efforts were truly appreciated. I have the sense that the hotel runs a little more smoothly thanks to her conscientious efforts.
The hotel is a little hard to find as you exit I 64 southbound. Drive south of the Walmart and turn west at the Arby's restaurant.
The shopping plaza located north of the hotel included said "walmart" plus shoe store and a sporting good store.
Try the Frischs "Big Boy" restaurant located just north of the I 64 exit. Nice, new building and offers good menu selections.

Room Tip: Ask for a 3rd floor room and arrive by 5 pm to enjoy some complimentary adult beverages and snacks.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your positive feedback. We have made several recent improvements to our facility. And not only is the Wal-Mart Plaza adjacent to our hotel, but we are also within walking distance to several restaurants. We believe that we have the best location in Corydon.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed here as a family traveling for the holiday. The hotel is not too far off the highway though you can't see it from there. It is right in the middle of an area with lots of retail and restaurants so a good stopping point.

The room was nicely sized, not huge but we weren't all crammed in. The pool was warm enough to use and the exercise room was small but had two treadmills and a tv so it worked fine for us.

Interestingly the microwave was too far from the outlet to plug in so we had to do some maneuvering but it worked eventually. Husband and kids walked over to the Culver's in the parking lot and enjoyed their meal there.

No extra perks, not even a paper outside the door for being a Priority Club member.

All in all it was fine and we would stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for the positive comments. We have three sizes of rooms from standard to oversized two-room Jacuzzi suites. We are conveniently located within walking distance to the 24-hour Wal-Mart and several restaurants. Our guests love to walk after being in the car all day.

We will look into the microwave plug-in and the newspaper delivery. We have newspapers in the Great Room area for guests during breakfast. I will mention this to my staff. Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your comments and your business.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Corydon? Share your experiences!