It's Corydon, Indiana, so your expectations have to remain appropriate.
That said, this Holiday Inn Express still comes in lacking some real service and comfort basics.
The below facts are facts. Do with them what you will. Whatever "letter from the manager" that follows this review is pointless unless it states that the carpets and wallpaper have been replaced throughout.
1. The building itself (layout, common areas, parking, location, etc.,) is welcoming and comfortable.
Not to Stay
1. Three of the rooms in my party (we had 6 total) were not cleaned and ready when we arrived at 5pm. One was still not ready when we left for dinner at 7. It appears this is a recurring theme.
2. Some "No Smoking" rooms consist of rooms that were smoking rooms for years before they put the "No Smoking" sign on the door. The smell is absolutely stifling, and I'm in no way a prude. It is impossible to sleep the night without choking, unless the window is wide open and you get a breeze.
Other than that, the hotel is on par with what one might expect from a small town H.I. Express.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a virtual tour of the hotel. Holiday Inn Express Hotel, Corydon In. is a Quality Excellence Award-winning hotel, located off I-64. Take exit 105, and then turn right on In. St Rd.135. The hotel is located 25 minutes from downtown Louisville, Ky, Louisville International Airport and the Kentucky Fairgrounds and Expo Center. The hotel is within walking distance of the 24 hour Walmart Super Center. We are 2 miles from Historic Downtown Corydon. Take a tour of Indiana's first State capital, enjoy the local antique malls, and don't miss Magdalena s Southern Hospitality home town restaurant and gift shop on the town square. Our hotel is conveniently located near several area restaurants, including Cracker Barrel, O'Charley's, Ryan s Steakhouse and Culvers. We are also within close proximity to a variety of great attractions, with the hotel just 15 miles from Wyandotte Caves, Marengo Caves, Cave Country Canoes, and 13 miles from Squire Boon Caverns. If you're in the mood for a movie, the hotel is next to the Corydon Cinema. Just across State Rd. 135 kids and adults are sure enjoy the new Golf Shores Fun Center which offers an 18-hole indoor black-light course, arcade, snack bar and outdoor miniature golf. If you're looking for more fun, try your good fortune at Indiana s Riverboat Casino just 45 min. away for the hotel. Visit Holiday Inn Express Hotel Corydon, In and Stay Smart! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Corydon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Corydon Hotel Corydon
- Holiday Inn Corydon