“Great one night stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Corydon
Madisonville, Kentucky, United States
“Great one night stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My wife and son drug our feet on booking a hotel in Corydon thinking it would be no problem. Our 1st choice was Hampton Inn and they were booked solid. We decided to try Holiday Inn Express upon arrival a friendly gentleman name Perry greeted me. He informed me he had 1 room left and he was very kind, and made checking in a breeze. We encounter several other employees during our 1 night and all were friendly. The rooms were nice, and very quiet. We slept in and didn't get to enjoy the free breakfast but it looked great. We will definitely stay here again in our travels in and around Louisville.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
holiday Inn E, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Corydon, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Jeremy J,
We're glad to hear that you had such a satisfying check-in experience. We pride ourselves on our staff friendliness and it's always vindicating to be told that we are succeeding. We are excited for your to come again; hopefully this time, you'll be able to enjoy our continental breakfast!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel when we went to Holiday World last summer. It wasn't bad, but we were disappointed. Usually Holiday Inn Expresses are new or have been remodeled to seem new. This property hasn't though. It is rather dated for a Holiday Inn Express. The cleanliness was okay but, also not what we expected with the name. We slept okay and it really wasn't bad, but we just didn't think it was a very good value. I guess all of us had higher expectations for the name. Had it been a Super 8 or other comparable hotel we would have been very pleased. I will say that all of the employees were friendly. The front desk person at check in gave us water bottles and bags of popcorn. So that was nice. Overall we had a good stay, but it was a bit overpriced for what we got. We would probably stay here again if we go to Holiday World again because it's in a good location for that.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Corydon, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear hoosiertravelersnow,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the hotel conditions may have caused you. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Thank you again for your review and we hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Quincy, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Where to start.....peeling wall paper, uneven shower floor, broken elevator, outdated and overbooked. I wish we would have kept driving until the next Holiday Inn. At least there was breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Corydon, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear dduvernay,

Thank you for your candid review. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of product and services we offer to our guests.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Mount Horeb, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My wife, son, and I checked in Mar 27th. The guy at the counter was very friendly and helpful. The service was exceptional, the room was spotless, and the breakfast was delicious. The pool was a lot of fun for my son to swim in. I would especially recommend this hotel for people with families.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Union City, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Was in Louisville, KY for business and stayed at this hotel. It was well worth the 20 minute drive there. Clean, comfortable rooms. Friendly staff. Excellent breakfast selection in the mornings. I would recomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I arrived Friday 3-22-13 and met a gentelman named John that checked me in. From the first moment of contact, it was obvious John was all about service and interacted with me. Our light conversation brought out the fact I was in town for a funeral. John informed me of the bereavement policy, something I did not know existed. As a business owner that interacts with customers of all walks of life and from all parts of the USA, I appreciated the personal attention offered by the staff at the HIE.
My stay (two nights) was a pleasant experience. The entire facility was clean and I overheard other staff interacting with guests and it is obvious to me the customer service at the Corydon Holiday Inn Express is a top priority of the staff. I stay at the facility every time I visit Corydon and highly recommend it. See you next time.

Room Tip: Typically I always demand a room away from entry doors due to the noise of a constantly slamming doo...