“Not worth the Holiday Inn name” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Corydon
Quincy, Illinois
“Not worth the Holiday Inn name”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Where to start.....peeling wall paper, uneven shower floor, broken elevator, outdated and overbooked. I wish we would have kept driving until the next Holiday Inn. At least there was breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Corydon, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear dduvernay,

Thank you for your candid review. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of product and services we offer to our guests.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Mount Horeb, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My wife, son, and I checked in Mar 27th. The guy at the counter was very friendly and helpful. The service was exceptional, the room was spotless, and the breakfast was delicious. The pool was a lot of fun for my son to swim in. I would especially recommend this hotel for people with families.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Union City, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Was in Louisville, KY for business and stayed at this hotel. It was well worth the 20 minute drive there. Clean, comfortable rooms. Friendly staff. Excellent breakfast selection in the mornings. I would recomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I arrived Friday 3-22-13 and met a gentelman named John that checked me in. From the first moment of contact, it was obvious John was all about service and interacted with me. Our light conversation brought out the fact I was in town for a funeral. John informed me of the bereavement policy, something I did not know existed. As a business owner that interacts with customers of all walks of life and from all parts of the USA, I appreciated the personal attention offered by the staff at the HIE.
My stay (two nights) was a pleasant experience. The entire facility was clean and I overheard other staff interacting with guests and it is obvious to me the customer service at the Corydon Holiday Inn Express is a top priority of the staff. I stay at the facility every time I visit Corydon and highly recommend it. See you next time.

Room Tip: Typically I always demand a room away from entry doors due to the noise of a constantly slamming doo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Corydon on a number of occasions related to business. It's a perfect business hotel: clean, hot water, free internet, good breakfast. Not fancy, but predictably comfortable every time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mt. Vernon, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Made reservations over the phone and was told a smoking room depended on availability. There is no smoking in Indiana since July 0f 2012. Wasn't told this until check in. We also were not told of the 4th grade volleyball tournament that was staying there until arrival. Kids everywhere. Other than that the hotel was extremely clean, the staff very helpful, the breakfast was hot and fresh, the pool and hot tub were clean, albet full of screaming crying kids. Would stay there again and would recommend it to others. The curtains do not close all the way because the track stops 3 feet from each other. Neon lights in your face all night and sun in your face in the morning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Fayetteville, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I spend 150 nights a year in hotels. Almost all of them in holiday inns. I checked in to room 313 at the holiday inn express in Corydon, Indiana on 1-28-2013

first room key did not work
then room type was wrong
the beds are extremely hard
carpet was dirty
furniture was dirty
walls are stained
cold air was leaking in around the window
TV remote didn't work
the plumbing fixtures were very dirty in the shower
handles on furniture were very loose

(See the attached pics)(edit: I could only post three)
and best of all was when two men walked into my locked door.
(they had been given a key from the front desk)
safety should be very important to a hotel. It's not unreasonable to expect someone to shoot an intruder that walked in to their hotel room unexpected late at night. They were horrified as was I.

I left that night and stayed at the Hampton inn in Corydon. A call too IHG's customer service line got me a promise that the hotel would be reported and the hotel owner would call me to verify that i was not charged. That call never came. AVOID THIS HOTEL!

Room Tip: go down the road to the Hampton
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Corydon, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Lee R,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

We look forward to your response.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Corydon? Share your experiences!