“Reliably Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Corydon
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Reliably Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Corydon on a number of occasions related to business. It's a perfect business hotel: clean, hot water, free internet, good breakfast. Not fancy, but predictably comfortable every time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Mt. Vernon, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Made reservations over the phone and was told a smoking room depended on availability. There is no smoking in Indiana since July 0f 2012. Wasn't told this until check in. We also were not told of the 4th grade volleyball tournament that was staying there until arrival. Kids everywhere. Other than that the hotel was extremely clean, the staff very helpful, the breakfast was hot and fresh, the pool and hot tub were clean, albet full of screaming crying kids. Would stay there again and would recommend it to others. The curtains do not close all the way because the track stops 3 feet from each other. Neon lights in your face all night and sun in your face in the morning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Fayetteville, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I spend 150 nights a year in hotels. Almost all of them in holiday inns. I checked in to room 313 at the holiday inn express in Corydon, Indiana on 1-28-2013

first room key did not work
then room type was wrong
the beds are extremely hard
carpet was dirty
furniture was dirty
walls are stained
cold air was leaking in around the window
TV remote didn't work
the plumbing fixtures were very dirty in the shower
handles on furniture were very loose

(See the attached pics)(edit: I could only post three)
and best of all was when two men walked into my locked door.
(they had been given a key from the front desk)
safety should be very important to a hotel. It's not unreasonable to expect someone to shoot an intruder that walked in to their hotel room unexpected late at night. They were horrified as was I.

I left that night and stayed at the Hampton inn in Corydon. A call too IHG's customer service line got me a promise that the hotel would be reported and the hotel owner would call me to verify that i was not charged. That call never came. AVOID THIS HOTEL!

Room Tip: go down the road to the Hampton
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Corydon, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Lee R,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

We look forward to your response.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Dunedin, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed here while passing through the Louisville area. The hotel is conveniently located just off of I-64. Our stay here would have been excellent, except for the fact that the air freshner scent on the third floor, and in the room we were assigned was overwhelming. After less than 30 minutes in the room, my sinuses were completely clogged and I was ready to change hotels. I spoke to the front desk and they found me another room on the first floor which was much better. This is not the first time I have found an overwhelming amount of air freshner used in a HIE, so I believe that they need to review their housekeeping policy. There are many people with allergies these days and the overuse of air freshner causes an unfriendly environment. I always wonder what they are trying to cover up when so much of it is used.

Back to my review...

The hotel was clean, the front desk employees were helpful and the bed was firm, but comfortable. Both my wife and I had a good nights sleep. The shower spray was strong. I still don't understand why this hotel, and others, don't have exhaust fans in their bathrooms causing the room to steam up when you shower. The rooms had a small refrigerator and a microwave. The breakfast was the usual HIE fare (if it wasn't for the cinnamon rolls, I would say it was rather blah).

The hotel is located within walking distance of a number of restaurants (Cracker Barrel, Pizza Hut, O'Charley's, Burger King, and a few others I can't remember) There is also a KFC within a 5 minute drive that has a buffet. While this hotel was listed with the Louisville hotels, it is about 20 miles west of Louisville.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Chillicothe, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Our son lives near Fort Knox, so we decided to stay in Corydon this trip. This Holiday Inn Express is very nice. Nicely decorated breakfast area, very clean rooms, and comfortable beds. Staff is very friendly. We will definitely stay here again.

Corydon is such a cute town, too. Highly recommend the farmer's market that is close to the hotel. Wonderful fresh fruits and veggies!!

Room Tip: We always choose an upstairs room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Evansville, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed here one night during the horrible heat wave of 2012. We were given a room on the third floor. The hallway was extremely hot, no air conditioning was on. Our room seemed warm. We turned the A/C as cold as we could get...but it never got cold. At about nine, we called to the office. They told us to turn it down a bit because it was likely frozen. We did so, but that did not help. So we had to call them again. This time they sent someone up and we were told it was broken. So we had to pack up and move. They did upgrade us to a suite. But I was not impressed with this hotel at all. We were carrying in stuff from the car and staff members were hanging around smoking and no one bothered to open the door, etc. Staff was not very friendly. I have stayed at much nicer HIEs. Next time we will go back to the Hampton.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Corydon, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear IndianaKris,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with you feedback. We apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, and comments from our guests are always welcome. We appreciate your feedback as it is crucial to improve the products and services we offer.

Myrna M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Cheyenne, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

This property was exactly what we needed on the night that we arrived. I had spent the entire week scrambling while trying to respond to a unexpected hiccup in moving, and was at wits end when I arrived in Corydon with my wife and 2 cats.

When I arrived, the staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating (even with my 2 pets). The hotel was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the rooms were quiet. It was just what we needed at the moment.

Breakfast had a decent amount of choices and was quite tasty. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone passing through (or staying for a visit).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Corydon? Share your experiences!