“Nice hotel, but they need to watch their air freshener usage” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Corydon
Dunedin, Florida
“Nice hotel, but they need to watch their air freshener usage”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed here while passing through the Louisville area. The hotel is conveniently located just off of I-64. Our stay here would have been excellent, except for the fact that the air freshner scent on the third floor, and in the room we were assigned was overwhelming. After less than 30 minutes in the room, my sinuses were completely clogged and I was ready to change hotels. I spoke to the front desk and they found me another room on the first floor which was much better. This is not the first time I have found an overwhelming amount of air freshner used in a HIE, so I believe that they need to review their housekeeping policy. There are many people with allergies these days and the overuse of air freshner causes an unfriendly environment. I always wonder what they are trying to cover up when so much of it is used.

Back to my review...

The hotel was clean, the front desk employees were helpful and the bed was firm, but comfortable. Both my wife and I had a good nights sleep. The shower spray was strong. I still don't understand why this hotel, and others, don't have exhaust fans in their bathrooms causing the room to steam up when you shower. The rooms had a small refrigerator and a microwave. The breakfast was the usual HIE fare (if it wasn't for the cinnamon rolls, I would say it was rather blah).

The hotel is located within walking distance of a number of restaurants (Cracker Barrel, Pizza Hut, O'Charley's, Burger King, and a few others I can't remember) There is also a KFC within a 5 minute drive that has a buffet. While this hotel was listed with the Louisville hotels, it is about 20 miles west of Louisville.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Chillicothe, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Our son lives near Fort Knox, so we decided to stay in Corydon this trip. This Holiday Inn Express is very nice. Nicely decorated breakfast area, very clean rooms, and comfortable beds. Staff is very friendly. We will definitely stay here again.

Corydon is such a cute town, too. Highly recommend the farmer's market that is close to the hotel. Wonderful fresh fruits and veggies!!

Room Tip: We always choose an upstairs room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Evansville, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed here one night during the horrible heat wave of 2012. We were given a room on the third floor. The hallway was extremely hot, no air conditioning was on. Our room seemed warm. We turned the A/C as cold as we could get...but it never got cold. At about nine, we called to the office. They told us to turn it down a bit because it was likely frozen. We did so, but that did not help. So we had to call them again. This time they sent someone up and we were told it was broken. So we had to pack up and move. They did upgrade us to a suite. But I was not impressed with this hotel at all. We were carrying in stuff from the car and staff members were hanging around smoking and no one bothered to open the door, etc. Staff was not very friendly. I have stayed at much nicer HIEs. Next time we will go back to the Hampton.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Corydon, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear IndianaKris,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with you feedback. We apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, and comments from our guests are always welcome. We appreciate your feedback as it is crucial to improve the products and services we offer.

Myrna M
Cheyenne, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

This property was exactly what we needed on the night that we arrived. I had spent the entire week scrambling while trying to respond to a unexpected hiccup in moving, and was at wits end when I arrived in Corydon with my wife and 2 cats.

When I arrived, the staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating (even with my 2 pets). The hotel was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the rooms were quiet. It was just what we needed at the moment.

Breakfast had a decent amount of choices and was quite tasty. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone passing through (or staying for a visit).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Louisville, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stayed here three nights. The hotel itself is clean. Our room was nice for the most part, but during my stay I found two dirty washcloths and a possible blood stain on the sheets.
Issues such as this seem to be more and more common with most hotels...
Also, the toilet had issues flushing.
Same as the other hotels - I'll revise my review if I don't experience these issue the next time I visit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Corydon, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Dear Mike E,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received poor service from our housekeeping. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

Orlando A.
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have stayed at many Holiday Inn Express hotels because my husband has many Priority Club points. We do not stay anywhere that is not a Holiday Inn chain. This one was very nice and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was standard fair for HI Express. This one actually had bananas. Often, they do not have them. The room was a mini suite but was not mini. It was huge! The biggest room I have seen. This is the second time I have stayed at this particular hotel and would return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Knoxville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I was a bit disappointed with the service at this Holiday Inn Express. I didn't see one employee smile. A smile goes a long way! When we arrived, there was a sign at the front desk stating to ring the bell for service. That was unusual for 9 p.m. at night. Our room was nice and spacious. There was a lot of hair in the bathtub which was a turn off for me. Our air conditioner was noisy. Nice selection of breakfast foods.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Corydon, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Nancy M,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We appreciate your wonderful comment regarding the room and and the nice selection of breakfast.

However, I would like to offer a sincere apology regarding our staff being unfriendly and the poor service provided by our housekeeping. I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Orlando A.
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corydon
Hampton Inn Corydon
#5 of 5 in Corydon
3.5 of 5 stars 190 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64
Horseshoe Southern Indiana

Been to Holiday Inn Express Corydon? Share your experiences!