“Just OK” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Woodridge Inn

Woodridge Inn
You added Woodridge Inn to your Saves list
Woodridge Inn
2.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   3700 Western Avenue, Connersville, IN 47331   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Connersville B&B and Inns
Mount Vernon, Indiana
“Just OK”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This motel is on it best day a half step up from a Super 8. The motel seems to be very old and the bathrooms need updating bad. The beds are like sleeping on springs, the TV's are 19" or smaller. For the price you pay you would think it would be much nicer. If the prices were lower we would it would be ok.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Curtice
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Great little hotel and awesome staff. I want to post this warning for those who want to use Expedia to book their hotels in the future: I just spent almost an hour of my free and precious time getting passed to 3 different people to get a receipt for my hotel stay last week for my expense report for my stay at this hotel because I unknowingly booked through Expedia. When I called to make a reservation for Woodridge Inn, I asked specifically if I was speaking to someone at Woodridge Inn and was told yes. I also asked if the Inn was part of a chain and i was told yes. I asked if my Rewards points would be added to this stay and the person told me that they where automatically added as they where on file. What the heck kind of sham do you all have over there. You don't even identify yourselves as Expedia you just let us as consumers believe that we are making a reservation with the Hotel directly. Anyone could call at anytime and they would not know that that they where speaking to Expedia directly because you do not identify yourselves and that is misrepresentation bigtime. I also asked if there where any discounts at this hotel and I was told that the room I was getting was already discounted. Well that was a bunch of crap as well. I let the hotel know how much you charged me and how Expedia misrepresented themselves and they told me that the $120 per night was their standard, but would have given me a discount because I worked at the hospital in their community and would have given it to me for much less. So Expedia was not a better deal even if I had knowingly called them. Expedia misrepresented, lied, and charged me more than double what the hotel would have charged. What a sham. I will be posting this to all of my colleagues in the Internationally known medical company that I represent and I will be posting this on Facebook and pretty much any other venues available to me that Expedia is to be avoided at all cost.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Honeymoon suite. I would highly recommend to the owner of this hotel to get new car...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Martinsville, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

We reserved a smoking King Suite on line for one night. When we got to the motel the room they had assigned us was, in the first place, not a smoking room, and secondly definitely not a "suite." They then informed us that they did not have a smoking King suite and gave us a queen room with no extra eminities, which you would expect when advertised as a "suite." Then, after changing from a King suite to a queen double room, we only got credited $10.00 for the change. The room we ended up staying in was definitely not worth $118.56. We were extremely disappointed in the accomodations and the pricing.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Clermont, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

There aren't a lot of hotel options when you stay in Connersville, IN. It's either the Woodridge, a bare necessities Heim or one bed & breakfast we've never tried or seen. We have stayed here several times for family visits or class reunions. The Woodridge is a very personable place with real room keys and a helpful, friendly staff. This trip we opted for the first floor king, non-smoking, room. There are no rooms with a view and no pool. It's a place to sleep, shower then head out to what you are in Connersville to do. Breakfast varies on how many guests they have. This last trip had only a half dozen rooms filled,and there was cereal, bagels, fruit, juice and coffee. Not as many choices as larger hotels, but more variety than a weekday breakfast at home. Refridgerators are available, but not standard in the rooms. There is a microwave in the breakfast area you can use, too. It would be nice if they had a pool, like years ago when they occupied the building across the street, but with Indiana weather it's only usuable a few short months a year. Overall, it's comfortable and clean place to stay while when you are in Connersville.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so the downstairs rooms are much more convenient to get your gear to.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Greenville, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

Intolerable. I tried hard to like it, to give them a break. Of course its inferior to a Fairfield or Hampton Inn, but I thought I would give them a fair test.
The TV was so bad and so limited that it drove me nuts when I went back to my room each night. I was facing a long-stay.
I hate driving 25+ miles each way from this town each day but I do: I couldn't take the WI anymore.
The Hampton Inn in Greensburg is beautiful! Like heaven compared to the WI.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Connersville hotels

Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

We got a room here at the last minute during a baseball tournament. I was expecting something horrible, but (for the most part) was pleasantly surprised. My son and I had the choice of a non-smoking king suite, or a smoking jacuzzi suite with king bed. We took the non-smoking room on the second floor (219).

The clerk was very nice and gave us a small discount for being with the tournament (I was so tired, I didn't even think about asking about AAA or anything.) She gave us our room key (an ACTUAL key, which floored my son; he had only seen hotel key cards before), and we hauled our bags up the stairs (no elevator.)

The room was large and very clean, including the mattress and the sheets. There was a refrigerator and coffee maker, a "pleather" recliner, and a small table with two chairs. Perfect for a late takeout dinner. The room was extremely hot upon arrival, but with the air turned on high, it was very cool by the middle of the night. If you didn't arrive late like we did, you'd probably be OK. The air-conditioner is a bit loud; bring earplugs.

Now, the bed. Horribly uncomfortable. Hard as a rock. Between the bed and hauling bags up and down stairs, my back still hurts two days later. Did I say the bed was uncomfortable? It bears repeating. I don't know if it was just ours, or they're all like that. I appreciate a somewhat firm bed, but this went overboard. Haul along a 4-inch memory foam topper, and you may be OK. Consequently, got very little sleep.

Since I only slept from 1am-5am, I was one of the first ones down for breakfast at 6am. A nice selection of breads, some fruit, hard-boiled eggs, toaster waffles and pancakes, cereal. Milk and OJ. Really good coffee; I went back later for a refill.

Now, a warning. My in-laws checked in earlier in the afternoon and were told there were no non-smoking rooms left. I don't know if availability changed later, or if there was just no first-floor non-smoking availability, or what. We walked downstairs to tell them we'd gotten a room and would see them in the morning, and their hallway REEKED of smoke. She said their room wasn't that bad, but after the hallway, maybe their sense of smell was gone!

Overall, I would personally prefer not to stay again, only because of the uncomfortable bed. If you have to stay in Connersville, though, it may be your best bet.

Room Tip: rooms 200-219 seem to be on a non-smoking hallway
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

Okay, I've stayed at the best hotels and resorts around the world. There is a special feeling you get when you come here. It's not fancy but they have everything you need, and if there's any special request, they immediately try to fill it. I was surprised to find a great hair dryer in the room (last Hyatt I stayed, didnt have one and took a long time to deliver) Breakfast was REAL food (not freeze dried). The place is very clean and an incredible value.

• Stayed March 2011

Been to Woodridge Inn? Share your experiences!