“Ah, Sleeping at Sleep Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Columbus
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Ah, Sleeping at Sleep Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

New bedding on new pillowtop beds makes a night at Sleep Inn Columbus, Indiana indeed a restful experience. This property had a complete redo in 2012 , and besides the new beds (firm support yet soft on the back ), all the rooms have textured walls in a contemporary shade of green and cool black-and-white framed prints for a modern yet relaxing feel. The lobby has changed from carpeting to modern flooring, and the efficient yet friendly front desk staff made our two-day stay friendly indeed. The only area for improvement may be the hot breakfast. Fresh scrambled eggs and sausage are fine, so are the breads and cold cereals, but the instant oatmeal comes in original only, and without raisins or brown sugar is bland--and without a microwave, the cold pastries stay cold. Nice fruits (apples, oranges, bananas), but a wafflemaker instead of those preshaped waffle squares would be a plus. You’ll like the sleep here, whether in the two queen rooms or the huge studio suites with king beds and pullout sofa beds.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Beabout222, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Lakeside, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thanks so much for the excellent reveiw of our newly renovated, award winning hotel. We really are proud of our property and appreciate all the kind words of praise and the suggestions to strive to be better. We are currently talking to a cabinet maker about creating some additional space so that we can put our microwave back in the lobby area for guest use during breakfast. We are also looking into the waffle makers....just need some additional room. Thanks, again for staying with us. Please stop by if you're ever in the area. We look forward to having you visit us again, real soon.
Sharon Beabout

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

I travel a lot & have been to many hotels. I've seen it all & very rarely does a hotel meet excellent ratings in multiple categories but this one hit it out of the park on all levels!! For the value, this is the best hotel I've stayed at. I just hope management keeps working to maintain such high standards!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words about your recent stay at our newly renovated, award winning hotel. I assure you I will indeed work as hard as I can to ensure our hotel stays the great product at a reasonable rate that it has become known for. Once again, my sincere thanks for your great reveiw! We appreciate it!

Sharon Beabout
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I spent one night here, traveling to attend a meeting. The hotel is very clean and offers a free breakfast with the room. The bed was very comfortable and the room had a microwave and refrigerator. The room itself was very small - it had two queen size beds. The bathroom was so small that it had a sliding door and a small stand-up shower stall. The sink and mirror were in the room rather than in the bathroom, and the sink was right next to the bed. It was a bit claustrophobic. the hotel is right on the main road and is very easy to get to. It is behind a Starbucks and in front of a Walmart so it is convenient to many things. it is only a mile or two outside of town. The hotel also has a small fitness center and a pool right on the main hallway. Overall the room was fine, but i was not pleased by the size of the bathroom or the shower or the closeness of the sink to the bed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
La Grange Park, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Was driving south on I-65 looking for a hotel for the night and got off on the exit in Columbus, IN. There were many hotels in the area. Although this hotel wasn't not my first choice, the first hotel I checked on availability told me they were sold out and recommended me to try the Sleep Inn & Suites.

Nice size room with two queen beds. Had a refrigerator which is always a plus. Free internet and parking. Not much to do in the area, but good for an overnight stay and there are a few local restaurants near by. Clean room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Peoria, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for two nights for the Indiana hoosiers versus the Iowa hawkeyes football game. We loved the location of the hotel, because it was close to bloomington, the outlets, and of course Nashville Indiana. We had a very nice room just for the two of us and the hotel itself had been newly renovated so that was another plus. The hotel had all alot of restaurants and gas stations around it so that was nice also. We didnt get to use the pool but it looked like it was in good condition. We would definitely stay here again because of the location and for the room price that we paid.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Monee, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I spent one night here while making my way south. The hotel is located just east of I-65 at hwy exit #68. The place was recently remodeled and looks fantastic. The room was clean, modern and inviting. Great comfortable bed,32 in. flat screen tv,microwave and fridge in the room as well. Fitness center, an indoor heated pool and a dry heat sauna are also at the hotel but I didn't use any since I arrived later at night.The hotel is also smoke free and includes a great morning breakfast. Lots of dining choices within walking distance. I had a great stay and will gladly come back to this hotel the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Waterford, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

This hotel is very modern and clean. All amenities are provided, along with breakfast, newspaper, free Wi-Fi, business room, etc. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable. I will be staying there again when I am in the area. I go to this area for Business many times a year.

Room Tip: rooms on the south side are quieter and have a view of the "lake" (more of a big pond)