“nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Clarksville
Chicago, Illinois
“nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

i ve stayed at this place me and my husband for couple days , the place s been remodeled , new carpet , new furniture , the linens clean bathroom is very clean , i enjoyed my stayed there , the staff were very friendly , they have a lounge and kitchen , had a great music great food . we will be back again

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. I wouldn'te ven let my dog ever stay there. This place is paradise for pedophiles,pill heads, and crack and method addicts. If this hotel was cleaned out of all the people that LIVE there as a home, clarksville crime rate would drop by at least 20%.I found out this place has been on.the news numerous times after the fact I stayed there. The owner should think about a dragistic change because the kind of people that keeps the place in business will end up pitting this place out of business. When more than 70% of your clients are paying by SSI checks you need to look into something. Clarksville town council should really look into shutting this place down. All I can say is don't stay here and if you do brave a stay please write a review do people can know the truth.

• Stayed May 2013
Burr Ridge, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The grounds are beautiful. The common areas are above average. The swimming pool looks inviting. They are renovating much of the hotel. The inside of the hotel is NOT handicap friendly as the elevators are tiny and none of the common area doors are automatic which made it hard to get a luggage trolley to our room. We ate dinner about 7:00. The restaurant was virtually empty. Food was very poor. Out of pesto for my pasta. The evening's special came cold enough to be sent back. Out of the special's vegetable and substituted undercooked alternate. Breakfast was fine--but how can you screw-up breakfast?

Room Tip: Ask to be in a room overlooking the lake.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Summerville, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I was interviewing for a job in Louisville and I got in late. I heard good things about the hotel name so I gladly pulled in and got a room. The lady at the front desk was nice when she chcked me in but had no idea where things were when I asked her. I got to my room which was around the back of the hotel facing the highway. Got into the room and already knew I wasnt going to like it. The bed was way too soft and the comforter had cigarette holes in it. There was a connecting door to the room beside me and they played their television way too loud. The bathroom sink counter was lose and looked like it was falling off and the tub well that was peeling and craked. There was severe damage to the ceiling in the bathroom. I slept on top of th comforter in fear that if I got under I would catch something,. Needless to say I made sure that I was awake and out of there nice an early and I will never return to that hotel I will gladly find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I overlooked the totally trashy building, dirty bathroom and smell in the room. But when I woke up to a roach running across my bed, that was the last straw. When I mentioned it to the front desk, they said they were aware there were bugs, but it was ok since they sprayed for them and that "brings them out". Its not ok. And they are unwilling to do anything to remedy the situation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Indy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I took my Grandson fishing at Falls of the Ohio Park, and spent the night at this hotel. I had made a reservation through them the previous day, and had given my credit card to hold the room. Had I not done that, there is NO WAY we would have stayed there! I have stayed at some pretty bad hotels/motels in my life...but this one was by far the worst. Even my 14 year old grandson half jokingly said " Can we just sleep in the car tonight?" The place is old,unkept, and musty, and looks like a crime scene waiting to happen. They do have a continental breakfast,but I can assure you there was no way I was going to try it! I didn't even drink any coffee! TV was about a 16 inch and remote didn't work.This place looks more like a hangout for criminals than a hotel. STAY AWAY !!!

Room Tip: Avoid at any price!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Macon, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel many times, and the most recent time has been the absolute worst. My girlfriend and I stayed for three nights, and we ended up with bedbug bites all over our bodies. We called the hotel to get a refund, and talked to one of the managers, Barry. He told me that he would have to have a consultation with the head housekeeper and that he would get back to me. Hours later I called back because he had not called me back. He said that the head housekeeper was out, not on the property, hasn't been and that he didn't know when she would be. He also told me that the best thing that he could do was give us a free night at the hotel. I'm just curious as to why we would want to stay at a hotel where we got bedbug bites from. It doesn't make sense and I don't think they're going to give us anything decent for our trouble from their hotel.
Other reasons I would give and recommend for no one to stay at that hotel is pretty long. Cleanliness seems to be a big problem there. It's just disgusting. The bathrooms are horrible, toilets are unsanitary, showers are terrible, and things are falling apart in the room and all around the hotel. Most of the guests aren't friendly, and sometimes the staff isn't friendly either. The beds hurt our backs. The sheets smell like crap and are itchy and uncomfortable. When the pool is open, it isn't hardly ever clean. It says there is internet access, and when you try to connect to the internet, no networks come up. There is a computer in the lobby, but it's ancient and it's hard to actually get on it. Out of the many times I've stayed there I never got a chance to use it. The toilet paper crumbles when you use it, and I learned to always bring my own. When you're in the shower, the curtain is constantly touching you and getting stuck to you; very annoying. It's almost never hanging up all the way, and it falls often. They're also very small and have no room to put your shower necessities other than on the side, where they constantly fall in with you. Overall, the hotel is the worst one I've ever stayed in, and although I've done a lot of business with them, I will never be staying there again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Clarksville Best Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!