“Getting some much-needed improvement” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel Conference Center Louisville North

You added Clarion Hotel Conference Center Louisville North to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel Conference Center Louisville North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   505 Marriott Drive, Clarksville, IN 47129 (Formerly Holiday Inn Louisville-North)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Clarksville
So. Indiana
“Getting some much-needed improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed here 1night b/c it was the site of a party we attended. This is a large sprawling facility that is old & needs work. They are doing some improvement work on the public areas, but the entire facility is worn and aged. Room was moderately clean, furnishings showed age. Location is somewhat isolated in an "industrial" area. Couldn't get the in-room wifi to work properly. On the positive side, staff was friendly and room price was very good. Located near shopping & restaurants, although you can't walk to any of them.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This property however huge it may be lacks comfort. We stay in one of the patio rooms. Both full size beds were supported by an equal size of plywood. The mattresses were thin and could use either replacing or at least flipping. The lows that night was in the upper teens and our heat did not work. Called the front desk and was told their was nothing they could do, however the parking lot was empty and poorly illuminated.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I reserved a room for my friends who were coming into town over Thanksgiving because it was the closest to our house and because the prices were reasonable. I specifically asked for a room on the ground floor and having stayed there before myself, I knew the set up of the hotel and also asked that they make sure that the room was in a part of the hotel with as short of a walking distance as possible CLOSEST to an outside door and a room closest to the door so that my friend did not have to walk far since she uses a walker and has mobility issues. I met them to help them find their way to the hotel because of all of the road construction taking place around there. When we went in to the front desk to check them in around 6PM there were a couple of other folks ahead of them. The check in process was very slow....very slow! When they got their room assignment, it was NOT near a door, not on the first floor, not near an elevator, it was as if they did the exact opposite as I asked when I made the reservation. They were told there were no rooms available on the ground floor but they'd be close to a door-maybe they meant the door to their room! This is inexcusable! The room was clean but the hallways DARK, kind of medieval looking. Messy! The signs around indicated a remodel was taking place but I didn't really notice anyplace that looked like work was taking place. I was embarrassed I suggested this place for friends and very disappointed. This hotel used to be the Marriott and owned and ran my John Carson and it was a 5 star place then. Now it is lucky I gave it 2 stars.

Room Tip: Doesn't help to ask for specific things, they do the exact opposite
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our stay was Thanksgiving day, November 27, 2014. We chose this hotel because it is "pet friendly" and we were traveling with a small dog, and the hotel is only 10 minutes from our son and daughter-in-law's home, where we were due for dinner at 5:00 pm. Fairly large hotel, big lobby, pool, restaurant, gift shop and business center off the lobby. My husband and I arrived to check in a little before 3:00 pm. There was no one at the front desk. After about 10 minutes, a young woman appeared and seemed surprised that anyone was there, although there were several guests lounging around in the lobby. She said she'd "go find someone to help you." Approximately 5 minutes later, a second woman ambled up the hallway carrying a cup of coffee, talking to the first woman. They eventually made their way over to the desk and the second woman said something to the effect of "What do you want?" We stated that we'd like to check in and she asked if we had a reservation. I said we did, gave our name, and she started to check the computer for our reservation. Then the phone rang. She answered the phone and talked for several minutes. She told the first woman to check the computer. The first woman said the computer seemed really slow. When the call was concluded, the second woman came back to the computer to check for our reservation, finally finding it. After waiting approximately 10 more minutes while the computer functioned slowly and both women answered several more phone calls, they got us checked in. Then the first woman said "Did they tell you there was an additional $45 pet charge?" I told them that the reservations person had NOT told us this, and in fact I had specifically asked. They waived the additional charge. When I made the reservation - by phone - I had requested a ground floor room, as my husband is awaiting knee surgery and has difficulty walking long distances. She said there were no ground floor rooms and in fact our room was in another building of the hotel complex. She told us it would be easier to drive there and gave us our key cards with a map of the hotel on a slip of paper. We drove to the other building, which required using the key card to get in. Our card did not work. Just then, another couple arrived and their card DID work, so we went in, got in the elevator and went up to the third floor. The hotel was very dingy and run-down looking, with signs posted that said "Excuse our dust! We're remodeling!" Not a moment too soon. We arrived at our room, which was as far from the elevator as you could be without being in another building, and found that the keys did not work. I left my husband sitting on the floor in the hallway and went down the elevator, out of the building and back to the lobby, only to find that once again, no one was there. Some teenage boys came up to the desk, went behind the counter and into an adjacent office. I waited approximately 5 minutes and then the first woman reappeared and went directly to the office and talked to the boys for a few minutes. When she came back out I told her the problem and she re-keyed the cards, although she seemed to be annoyed. I walked back over to the other building and was able to enter with the key. Ditto the room. The room smelled strongly of cleaning products and the very-soft bed was sloppily made ( it looked as though it had been sat on and not smoothed over) but was otherwise unremarkable, although the bathroom had peeling wallpaper. This hotel advertises "free wifi" but it evidently does not work in the remote rooms in our building.

Altogether it took us over an hour and a half to check in. By the time we had changed out of traveling clothes and walked our dog, we were late for dinner. When we checked out the next day, the desk clerk (yes, there was a desk clerk there!) told us he could not give us a receipt because we had "booked through a third party." We had not. But by this time, we were just anxious to get on our way.

Throughout the entire scenario, I remained cheerful and positive, but 3 words kept running through my mind: "Trio Advisor" and "Yelp!" The only reason this review has 2 stars instead of 1 is that they waived the pet charge and didn't have bedbugs. If you're going to be in the Louisville, KY area, you'd be advised to stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Do not choose the Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, Louisville North.
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel because it was close for a business meeting that I had to attend in the downtown Louisville area. the price was excellent for my budget allowed thru my employer. It was a very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful with transportation to my meeting, the hotel offered a great breakfast buffet. I enjoyed my stay and will return to this hotel when I am back in this area.

Room Tip: Indoor Coroidors. surrounding a wonderful indoor pool area. I was a single woman traveling alone. I...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Vickie Z, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center Louisville North, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for the review on our hotel. We are glad you had a great stay at our facility. Looking forward to see you again soon. GO CARDS!!!
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Everyone at the hotel was motivated to make sure we had a great stay - and we did! Extremely nice staff, very clean. Many thanks to everyone from the front desk clerk to the breakfast staff for a relaxing stay. We always look forward to staying at a Clairon, and this one was excellent as usual.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for the review. We do appreciate them all. See you again soon.
Chapel Hill, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We visit Louisville KY every year during the North American Livestock Show.. and have stayed in many different hotels... This hotel is our now our one and only "go to" for Louisville! The property is huge! Plenty of rooms, clean rooms, comfy beds, friendly staff and close to the expo center! Not to mention a great room rate! I highly recommend this property!!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
I am glad you choose our hotel this year to stay for the North American Live Stock Expo. Also thank you for the review we love them all. Hopefully you can make it up here again soon to visit them many things the area and hotel has to offer. If not see you again next year.
Front Office Manager

Been to Clarion Hotel Conference Center Louisville North? Share your experiences!