“Close Proximity to Downtown Louisville” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel Conference Center Louisville North

You added Clarion Hotel Conference Center Louisville North to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel Conference Center Louisville North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   505 Marriott Drive, Clarksville, IN 47129 (Formerly Holiday Inn Louisville-North)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Clarksville
Athens, Alabama
“Close Proximity to Downtown Louisville”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I spent one night at the Clarion when in Louisville for the golf tournament. This is an ok place to stay and a pretty good value. The hotel itself is not all that nice, pretty average, but I did not have any problems with the room. The lobby was pretty nice, and they had a big indoor pool as well as an outdoor pool and both appeared clean and nice. Considering the price and location I would stay here again if I was planning another short stay in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Greenville, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I honestly don't even know where to start. We stayed at this hotel only b/c of an event we were attending, it wouldn't have been my personal pick. From the time we checked in, we were just very unimpressed. The lobby itself is nice and the indoor pool is beautifully decorated but the positive stops there. The staff at the desk was very to the point, no smiles, no warm greeting. The hotel itself is very old and you can tell they have just added more and more "wings" through the years to accommodate more guests instead of doing a major overhaul like they need to. Hotel is like a maze, very confusing and easy to get lost. The wings only connect on the L1 floor. There are only ice machines on the 1st 4th and 8th floors and the 4th floor one was broken. No fridge or microwave in the room either. The rooms are tiny and the hallways reek of mildew. My allergies were going crazy the whole time and I'm sure it is due to the mold or the fact that the hotel is "pet friendly" and not properly cleaning after. Double room has full beds instead of queens and the whole room is very cramped. Neither our iron or hair dryer worked properly. On our 2nd night our air conditioner leaked out and soaked that entire side of the room. My suitcase got wet and some of my clothes. We requested a room change and this was granted with no apologies at all for the trouble. Luckily the AC didn't leak in the new room, but it barely worked. And on the morning of our checkout we were greeted by a knock on the door from housekeeping at 8 AM!!! No apologies for that one either.
The restaurant was another thumbs down. B/c of being so short on time due to the event we attended, we ate breakfast one morning at the hotel. The buffet was nearly out of food the whole time and they never bothered to replace anything. We got very little to eat and almost no service from the waitress either. Against our better judgement, we tried to go back for dinner that night as we were in a hurry again. Even though the restaurant was only half full we were told they could not seat us for 45 minutes regardless of whether we were ordering food or eating the buffet b/c their kitchen staff could not keep up. So we left. We had some friends that waited around and said once they were finally seated it was like a fight to get any food off the buffet b/c again it was not being properly stocked.
When we checked out, we were not given a thank you for coming nor did they ask us how our stay was so I didn't bother telling them b/c they obviously didn't care. Leaving this review to warn others to stay FAR away from this hotel!!! You will be disappointed!!!

Woodridge, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

the staff was nice the lobby was nice, but the hallway was dirty, smelly and the room was old not to dirty. gum on the headboard. would not stay here again. The only reason we stayed was because it was late. They need to spend more money on the rooms instead of the lobby.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Knox, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

They have all the potential in the world. Huge Place, plenty of parking. It would be great for a family as a halfway point to Florida. Their pool looked fun, the lobby was very nice, their's a restaurant on site, and the staff was very helpful. However we were located in building K, which was not up to par. We stayed Saturday night for the PGA event at Valhalla Golf Club August 9th, 2014. The bathroom was tight, and in rough shape. Not very much counter space. The pillows we had were Half-size pillows, and were broken down pretty bad. The stairwell, and the elevator to get in and out of the building were in need of a good pressure wash, and a coat of paint. The room needs updating as well. I was not impressed with this place at all. To be clear, I was not horrified by this place, and if in a pinch I would stay there, but at 140 per night, I would definitely be looking elsewhere.

Room Tip: Avoid Building K.
Medina, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Got this hotel on priceline for about 30% less than what they charged for a night. Two rooms. Both were in the I-Wing. It's a wing that is clearly an after thought. It's old, smells heavily of purfume used to cover up old smoking rooms and it's just rough around the edges. The sink in one of our rooms was cracked - they fixed it by caulking the UNDERside of the sink to keep it from leaking. Seriously? Further, the common areas like the pool, work out room, etc. are also crusty. The workout room has equipment that dates back to the 70's. The door to get in wouldn't even open without kicking it. The lobby is the nicest part of the building, but it's just a bit above average. The bar is a scary area to be in. We had one beer and left. Worse still? There is nothing around the hotel in the way of a restaurant, grocery store, etc. Scary. We took a cab down to 4th street live in Louisville - nice area. I guess it's the "roll of the dice" on Priceline, but this is the worst I've had before. Those rating it higher must be in the newer section that was just remodeled and must not have been into the gym area or the rest of the common grounds.

Clarksville, IN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

I'm writing this a half an hour after check in while contemplating sleeping in my car. My wife, two children, and I drove 16 hours from Florida and needed to stop somewhere for some rest. Checking in at 1:30 am, and planning to complete our drive home the next morning, we opted for a lower cost option for hotel stay. We got what we paid for. The hallway to the room smells very strong of cleaner, or mildew, or cleaner to cover the smell of mildew. The room smelled even stronger and the floor was damp. My seven year old has been holding his nose since we got here and asking repeatedly if we can leave. My four year old asked that we please not stay here because it stinks so bad. There is a large hole in the shower covered with tape! The tub spout is about to fall of, and the stopper for the drain was laying loose in the bottom of the tub. The beds feel damp and grimy. I'm going to try and get a few hours sleep and stick with hotels I know from here on out. Lesson learned, and hopefully I can prevent others from making the mistake of staying in this dump.

• Stayed August 2014
Hendersonville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We stayed at this motel from the first time this year as we travel here each year for ballgames. We always stay at Choice Hotels, but I will have to say that we have been disappointed with this motel. The rates are much higher due to the fact that they obviously do not accept special rates from outside significant organizations. I went to get a newspaper two mornings and there were none, and I was told that they only order 25 a day because they 'don't put them at each room anymore'. For a hotel this size, 25 is NOT a significant amount of papers. We will not return here in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed in the annexed part of the motel. The rooms on the back are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Clarion Hotel Conference Center Louisville North? Share your experiences!