“Great service, room is gross” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel Conference Center Louisville North

Save Saved
You added Clarion Hotel Conference Center Louisville North to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel Conference Center Louisville North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   505 Marriott Drive, Clarksville, IN 47129 (Formerly Holiday Inn Louisville-North)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Clarksville
Edgerton, Wisconsin
“Great service, room is gross”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night. The check in lady (Melissa) was awesome! Very helpful :) We got to our room, and was very disappointed. The room was very stinky. Apparently it's all the rooms. Everyone we talked to said the same. The pools were good, one inside, one outside. Location was great, right next to watermark. The restaurant had great burgers! If I could deal with the smell I would stay again, but way too gross!

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I really enjoyed myself at this hotel. The staff is very friendly. The food is great, great, great. You need to eat from their buffet. I had two family reunions there. One in 2013 and June 20 thru 23 of this year 2014. The out of town guest and local guest enjoyed their self. The rooms were nice, but need to be upgraded. The beds really slept good. They have an indoor and outdoor pool. They also have a water park behind the hotel. There is all kind of restaurants near by, entertainment including the Derby Dinner Playhouse which is next door to the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms in the I section were quite and fairly close to the front lobby also close to the indoor swimm...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

so i was here a little while back and was fairly impressed. with the second booking i was a little hesitant because of some of the comments i have read on here but I'm a bit confused. i found the staff friendly, the restaurant was good, and certainly didn't have any issues with the room not being clean. this is my second stay and i will stay again. its a great value and continues to earn my business.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Middletown, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My family and I enjoyed our stay at the Clarion Hotel. We loved our room and the location of the hotel! There was a waterpark, my kids loved that, and it was only $8.00 to get in. Besides having the wateropark there was a Derby Dinner Playhouse next store that we went to see a play. So much to do in the area, and we were close to downtown Louisville. We were in town for the weekend, but stayed longer because of all the things to do. The front desk was helpful and friendly, and the hotel has some age, but being remodeled. We will be back!!

tampa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I tried really hard to like this hotel, our room was really clean, whatever reviews came before must of had an impact because my room was spotless. The staff was very friendly and the main lobby has been updated, and the price was ok. After that, well, I will give an honest assessment and let you be the judge. The rooms need a major overhaul, there isn't a mini frig, or microwave, I can almost live with that. but there was only one tiny trash can in the bathroom, So you cant keep anything cold and you cant throw anything away... The table in the room wobbled, it was just old and needed to be replaced. The TV was at least a flat screen but the reception was bad. It had plenty of channels, but some of the channels had ghosts. When they upgraded the TV's they didn't update the hardware to get HD. Our Door didn't close properly, you really needed to give it a good push until it clicked. We did come back after room service had finished and our door was wasnt locked. Normally this would get someone fired, but it wasn't her fault the door didn't close properly, and our room was clean. Fortunately nothing was missing, so I let it slide. Half way during our trip the magnetic strip on the outside door became loose and the outer door made a loud bang when it closed, this woke me up several times.. This hotel used to be some sort of resort and it has great 'bones' and it looks like they are trying. But it is in need of some major, major, major room improvements! which it appears like they are trying to make. I would say, it's a hit and miss hotel, either your stay will be fine or you'll be miserable. In all fairness, we did enjoy the pools, and the scenery is very tranquil. We did not eat in the hotel, the coffee i did have wasn't good. there is no free coffee, or water to drink in the lobby. If we only stayed two day this review would of been 'Very Good' , oh and the AC was really cold, old, but cold... which is a good thing

Room Tip: ask for a pond view. I would also ask for an upper floor
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Pillow cases dirty with spots and hair . Looks like linen hasn't been changed in a while . Linen feels slick and grimy . Bathroom dirty . Just a horrible nasty hotel . Staff is friendly:) late arrival. 2:30 am. Said they will clean room later in the morning . Glad I brought my own disinfectant .

Stayed July 2014
Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We booked through priceline. If you are used to a clean, pleasant room and hotel, please choose another property. The front desk staff is very friendly but the hotel itself is in need an update and soon! The price we paid through priceline was $69.00 and I can assure you that was too much. Please pay the extra and stay at a nicer place. As said before, the hotel staff was very friendly but that does not make up for the outdated and unclean room. There was definitely an odor not only in the room but throughout the entire hotel.

Room Tip: I can only speak for our room (208) but do not choose this room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Clarion Hotel Conference Center Louisville North? Share your experiences!