“Good experience except....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel Conference Center Louisville North

Save Saved
You added Clarion Hotel Conference Center Louisville North to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel Conference Center Louisville North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   505 Marriott Drive, Clarksville, IN 47129 (Formerly Holiday Inn Louisville-North)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 8 hotels in Clarksville
Seneca, South Carolina
“Good experience except....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

My daughter and I stayed 2 nights at this hotel. The room was clean, the staff was nice and the location was great. An unfortunate event happened there on 4/8/14 during our stay. I feel some sort of compensation should have been offered to the guests that were there during that event. After driving nearly 12 hours, arriving around 1:30 am and finally getting in bed at 3:30 am, we were awakened by the hotel staff banging on our doors screaming "Fire! Get out of the hotel!" Needless to say, it was an accident and I am not blaming anyone there. This kind of stuff does happen. However, my daughter was tired, freaked out and afraid to go back to sleep. When she did go back to sleep that night, she had nightmares of burning to death in a hotel fire. I stayed in a hotel room once that didn't have hot water and they gave me two free nights as an apology and to "make it right." I don't know that I would ever choose to stay at this Clarion location again, especially since the fire alarms did NOT go off. I am grateful to the staff for waking everyone up, but had the fire been more serious, it could have been catastrophic.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a first floor room with a patio. The sliding glass door may be your escape route...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Green Bay, WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We stayed at this hotel while enroute from WI to FL and it was a good stopping point when we couldn't drive any further. This was the weirdest layout of any hotel I have ever stayed at. You had to walk forever to get to your room - around corners, a maze of hallways, through many doors - all the while hauling all your luggage this distance. It took 10 minutes for the three people behind the desk to even acknowledge we were there waiting to check in. They seemed more concerned with ordering a pizza for someone and counting quarters in their register. Never even looked up until we said something. It was an ok place to lay our heads for the night but I would not have wanted to stay any longer than that.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Vickie Z, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center Louisville North, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
I do apologize that my front desk didn't take care of you like they should when you were here. I have informed that shift about this situation and I believe it will never happen again. We do have a large layout here with 353 rooms and 15 banquet rooms. So I am sorry that your stay at our hotel was not enjoyable for your. Please if you feel like you would like to talk more about the situation you can give me a call here at the hotel. Hope you are having or had a good time in Florida.
812-283-4411
Michelle S
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

This is a very large hotel. Our room was in the tall part which was hard to find and when you got there the parking lot was on the opposite end of the hall from the elevator. Parking was very far away from this part of the hotel. Rooms are nothing like those pictured. Very, very dated. Squishy beds and generally I like squishy but you sink into the middle. I had to unplug a lamp to plug the coffee maker in. Only one unused outlet on the entire room for charging things. Hallways awful. Elevator scary. Paint on furniture pealing. I have no idea how this hotel has been rated so well.

Stayed March 2014
I am so sorry you didn't enjoy your stay at our hotel. We are definitely not known for that. I am sure you saw the many updates we are doing throughout the hotel to better serve our guests. We will be starting on our hotel hallways this spring. We couldn't do them during the winter because of all the snow plus salt that would have been tracked in. Also I would like for you to give me a call so I can talk to you first hand about your experience. We here do not want anyone to leave unhappy. Looking forward to hearing from you. Talk to you soon.
812-283-4411
gm.in043@choicehotels.com
Michelle S.
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

The pros: the sheets are super soft, beds are comfortable, ice convenient, lighting is better than most places, heat lamp in the bathroom, heating/cooling is quiet and keeps a consistent temperature, maintenance staff polite and very competent, rooms are pleasantly decorated but not overdone, towels are soft and clean

Cons: my key card didn't work TWICE, had to lug all my luggage back and forth from the room to the front desk three times then wait outside my room for 15 minutes to wait for maintenance, wi-fi is weak and has to be constantly re-logged in, house cleaning staff very noisy (make sure you put your sign out), our room was next to the connecting hallway which has a brick floor...which is where the housecleaning staff and luggage draggers travel, making for a noisy stay.

Overall, a hard place to stay for a weary traveler trying to get some sleep. Would be an awesome place for a wedding party or longer term stay. Has a wonderful indoor pool area and restaurant.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Vickie Z, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center Louisville North, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you very much for the comments. I do apologize about the noise level and Wi-Fi inconsistency you had but glad you had a great stay at the Clarion Hotel. Hope to see you again in the future when you can stay longer to enjoy all our amenities. Water park will open at the end of May. See you again soon.
Michelle
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

I hate to complain, but I was not impressed at all. My daughter & I stayed 4 nights. When checking in I asked for a fridge & was told no until I said it was for my insulin. We were sent to the end of the place through doors, up small elevators, dull hallways.....I have a hard time walking that far so was not impressed. Our room obviously has not been tended to as I noticed in other rooms flat screen tv's while we had this old big grey thing. I had to call downstairs as they had to reset my local call usage 3 times. The last night there after getting to our room from the front they had locked our doors. Why? We were booked & paid fully till the next day. The pool looked great till we went down. The back door was held open by a rock so people could go out to smoke, & all the fans were on. I've never gotten into a warm pool only to freeze. The 3 other people after us were cold too. The only excitement was the fellow being arrested, taken out of the place in handcuffs into a police car.

Stayed March 2014
Vickie Z, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center Louisville North, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
I would like to apologize for the experience you had while staying at our hotel. We are currently in the process of replacing all the TV's in the hotel so I am sorry you had a room with one of our old TV's. I hope you did see the many changes we are making to better serve our guests. Please when you have the opportunity contact me so I can talk with you first hand about your stay at our hotel because I would like to invite you back during the summer when our outdoor pool and waterpark our open. Here is my contact info 812-284-4411 or by email gm.in043@choicehotels.com I would like to end with saying thank you as well for letting us know about your stay. Talk to you soon.
Michelle Seitz
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Run. Run fast, in the opposite direction. Apart from the large attractive swimming pool, what a depressing place! It's shadowy dark, a huge maze to navigate, has garish decor and weird furniture. I heard about a case of bed bugs while we were there overnight. The bathroom was retro. Breakfast was atrocious! And so expensive for what was on offer. Seriously, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Vickie Z, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel Conference Center Louisville North, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
I do apologize that you did not have an enjoyable stay at our property. We are definitely not known for what you described. If you are ever back in the area stop in a give us another try and I promise you won't be disappointed.
Michelle

Been to Clarion Hotel Conference Center Louisville North? Share your experiences!