“It's Not Authentic Mexican but Tex-Mex!” 4 of 5 stars

1440 Veterans Parkway, Clarksville, IN
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 76 Restaurants in Clarksville
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: It is one of a chain.
Description: It is one of a chain.
San Jose, California
“It's Not Authentic Mexican but Tex-Mex!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

A co-worker had suggested Chuy's and it was a pretty good experience. I had the sirloin ground taco and chicken enchilado with tomatillo/cream sauce. My co-worker had the meat/bean burrito which he always ordered.

The Margarita/martini special that was served during happy hour in the bar was great as well. If you're okay with Tex-Mex then you will enjoy this restaurant.

Visited September 2013

“Great place for Tex-Mex”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Great place for a Tex-Mex dinner. Staff was great and worked quickly during the busy dinner rush. Must try the japalleno cream salsa.
Watch your directions. I put the address into the GPS and it took us to the wrong side of the highway. After a few minutes I figured it out, made a u-turn and we were soon eating.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Decent food but NOT Authentic!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is tex-mex and advertising it as Mexican food is a false claim.

I will say that all of their sauces are pretty good and it was very nice to be able to sample each one! The waitress was very impressive and knew the menu well!

The food was pretty good. It had good flavor but again was not authentic Mexican food. It was as authentic as Taco Bell is.

The kicker is the price. "Mexican" food should never cost $30 for a party of two.

Not bad, but I will go to a hole in the wall before I will come back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Troy, Ohio
“Mexican food with an actual kick”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We're always looking for places that really have spicy food. Most mexican and chinese restaurants say they have spicy dishes and that is usually not the case. I don't want things to be knock me off my chair spicy, I just like a nice little bite. And...Chuy's has it!

I was away on business, so I was looking for some place we didn't have at home. Even though Chuy's is a chain, I'd never been to one, so thought I'd try it out. When I arrived at Chuy's it seemed like any other friendly atmosphered Mexican restaurant. I ended up sitting in the bar areas, since I was traveling alone. I went to order chili con queso, and the waitress told me that wasn't necessary and pointed me to the free chips and queso. Turns out that it's really more a nacho bar, complete with chips, queso, taco meat, beans and salsa - it was awesome! And....the queso cheese had a little kick to it. I was already very impressed. Then for my entree I had ordered the Thursday special, which was enchiladas in an avacado chili sauce, that had 3 chilis next to it. When I got my food, to my surprise it actually had a little heat to it. It too was delicious!

My waitress was nice, service was super fast, and the food definitely held up! I would definitely suggest this to someone headed that way. Plus there are a lot of stores around this area too if you want to do a little shopping.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio, Texas
“surprisingly good food, slow service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Food was great - any of the enchilada choices looked great, we were not disappointed. Chips come w/ salsa and their jalapeno dip - both very good. Service seemed a bit overwhelmed however, somewhat slow. Hostess at front desk may have been a zombie. Wife thought the margaritas were sort of average. Would return - menu looked very tasty, need to try more items. Restaurant was noisy.

• Visited August 2013