“Ended poorly” 3 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clarksville
Bel-Air Motel
Save Saved
You added Bel-Air Motel to your Saves list
600 Highway 31 E, Clarksville, IN 47129   |
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Clarksville
Billings, Montana
“Ended poorly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

My brother and I were working in the area for about a week and stumbled on this place. Inquired about a weekly rate which was well within reason of the rates I try to stay at while on the road working. Anyway, the gentleman that helped us initially was polite and cordial....he even offered to hold the rooms while we checked just down the road for a room as my room was "non smoking" but obviously had been smoked in quite abit. We decided to stay...the cleaning was done daily... the shower towels were oversized hand towels but whatever. Our second or third night there...the guests in the next room were drunk, fighting, crying and banging on the doors to get in. Some sort domestic dispute that NOTHING was done about by the management. It was plenty loud enough to be heard in Louisville! But even that was not the kicker. Whoever the lady is that works the front desk...she may be the owner or just a clerk but regardless I hope you never have to deal with this GRUMPY, RUDE and obviously disgusted by the thought of being hospitable in the hospitality business. My brother had an issue with his remote control and said this lady was beyond rude in helping him to solve the problem. It was until the fella we first checked in with came out...did he offer up what the problem might be and it was fixed. When we first checked in we got the weekly rate but figured we would not need the last few nights as the job would be over by then. Anyway, it ended up we needed the full week and I simply stopped in the office to let them know that we would in fact be here the full week (to be courteous). The lady in the office comes to the window (which you can barely hear them thru) and very rudely tells me to remove my sunglasses by saying "take those sunglasses off! can't you read? no sunglasses on in the lobby! the sign is on the door!" So, I remove my sunglasses and proceed to let her know that we would be staying the entire week just in case they had planned that we would be gone after night #5. I said it very courteously and politely and this lady stood there with this look of contempt of which I have never seen before. WOW!! As I finished I said "I just wanted to let you know so there was no mix up". She looked at me and I kid you not...and said..."Well....whatever!" If this lady is the owner of this business she should really think about getting out of the hospitality biz and if she is just simply an employee...she needs to be fired!!! Words do not do justice to the way we were treated by this woman!! WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!

Room Tip: There are none!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Families
Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

This is a typical motel, however somewhat dated. The rooms were clean, but very limited in offerings - towels are paper thin, no hangers or even a hook to hang them on.

Bedding was clean and they have free wifi.

If this is the price range you are looking for, this motel is acceptable.

We reserved and prepaid for 2 rooms at this motel during Derby weekend, however, both smelled of cigarette smoke so badly, we could not stay.

Shortly after arriving, we called the front desk and asked for a different, non-smoking room - we were told the clerk did not have authority to move us. We checked out, but could only get refunded for the remaining 2 nights by disputing the charge with American Express.

The hotel manager is not easy to work with.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Borden, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

Was able to do a weekly rate at this hotel at a cheap rate, wasnt disappointed, clean rooms,great cable service,excellent fridge and microwave in room, helpful cleaning staff.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Bel-Air Motel? Share your experiences!