“Not perfect, but good for what it's intended” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Clarksville
Franklin, TN
“Not perfect, but good for what it's intended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I work from home, and spend a week in Louisville per month, where my company is located. Over the past several months this motel has become my default choice for a place to stay while I'm in town. The reason is the kitchenette in every room. I find that cooking one's own dinner makes travel feel more comfortable and relaxed, although I'm sure some would just find it a chore.

As other reviewers have pointed out, the motel is a favorite of construction workers, in town for a job. Their presence has never been a problem for me; on the whole they are quiet and mind their own business, fellow road warriors looking to relax and sleep. They do sometimes congregate, but it's almost always in the laundry room or the smoking area just out the side door next to the laundry. If you don't want to encounter them, request a room at the far ends of the first floor, or do what I do and stay on the fourth floor, where it is most quiet.

The rooms are big enough, and with a full refrigerator, small microwave, dishwasher, and stovetop. There is no regular oven, so don't expect to bake a cake.The beds are comfortable, but the pillows are a bit too squishy for my preference; I always ask for an extra one when I check in, which they are happy to give me.

If you need to spend a few days in Louisville and don't want to have to eat out every night, you should consider this motel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1,759 reviews 1,759 reviews
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Pros
- extremely clean
- nice room and well equipped kitchen
- helpful staff
- convenient location
- good value for money

Cons
- very noisy (walls are very thin)
- it doesn't have breakfast
- small bed

Our room was extremely clean which I really appreciate. I would give it 5 stars but it was very noisy that i barely could sleep.

• Stayed December 2012
Lafayette, Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I'm a catastrophe inspector and I've been all over the country. The Suburban has been my best
stay yet. Friendly staff, clean rooms, and definetly affordable. They have a very good exercise room and also a good place to grill out and unwind after working all day. I'll stay here every time I'm in town.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
New Albany, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This hotel is very nice we stayed there for 6 months while we relocating to the area the manager and front desk clerks Kimber, Kim, and April are wonderful and are great Guest Services representatives. The room has a kitchen which is wonderful for long term staying and the Kitchen has a dishwasher, microwave, 2 burner stove, and fridge it's Awesome. The one down side is that they have a lot of guest who are men and construction workers with huge trucks so sometimes it is hard to find parking and They usually are all outside in back drinking and smoking just stay in the front of the property.

Room Tip: Stay in the front of the hotel and away from 4th floor
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Clarksville,Indiana United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I am a traveling nurse and I would like to tell you about this wonderful extended stay hotel. The staff are very professional and friendly. I arrived late due to weather and they quickly accomodated me. The housekeeping staff is wonderful when you come into your room after they have been there it smells and looks wonderful. Believe it or not I saw Gina clean the wood and tile surfaces on her hands and knees! I do not notice the construction workers causing any problems. Kudos to RN NETWORK for finding me this place!!!

Room Tip: My room is at the end of the hall,fairly quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

This motel was so bad we checked out after one night of our two night stay. It was the noisiest hotel we ever stayed in. We were one room down from the front desk and the stairs. The door to the stairs slammed almost continuously until midnight and started up again at 5am. I walked down to the front desk and asked the girl to prop the door open but she didn't and let it continue to slam despite being 10 feet away. The hotel caters to construction workers so they don't seem to care about us tourist staying one or two nights.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
lousiville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

if you like non stop noise, the smell of marijuana in hallways ALL the time, and employees that do nothing about it, this place is for you.

it's the construction workers that stay here cause all the probs, and their companies have a contract with the hotel, so they refuse to kick them out when they bother EVERYONE else.

my room smells like a sewage line broke too.

friendly and accommodating service is the only plus to this place.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Clarksville? Share your experiences!