Stayed the night on the way to Michigan. This is an older building in need of a little tlc but overall not bad. If you have any disability that makes stairs difficult make sure you get a 1st floor room there is NO elevator. It's what you would expect from a best western. I stayed in the king room with fireplace and whirlpool.
There must be a train crossing close because there were train horns all night. The lake is small but quaint. I don't mind the older building, highway noise or even the train because this was not a vacation spot for me but a place to spend the night on my road trip. However I wouldn't stay again because the bed was so hard I don't think I got more than 6 hours of sleep from discomfort.
Note to manager: I was inadvertently given 2nd floor keys to start. In coming down the big stairs in the lobby there is an extremely loose step that almost pitched me down the staircase. I forgot to mention to the front desk.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Indian Oak Hotel
- Best Western Indian Oak Hotel Chesterton
- Best Western Chesterton
- Indian Oak Resort Spa
- Best Western Hotel Chesterton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN Indian Oak conveniently located off the I-80 and I-94 near Lake Michigan, Valparaiso University and the Indiana Dunes State Park, offers an amazing location, unbeatable amenities and affordable rates - for both business and leisure travelers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Best Western, Hotels.com, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your BEST WESTERN Indian Oak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.