“My vacation from wedding planning.” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Chesterton
Beloit, Wisconsin
“My vacation from wedding planning.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

My future husband and I decided to take a much need break from wedding planning. We were told about this Hotel and decided to go there. To tell you the truth I was surprise at how much we loved it! The staff was very sweet. The rooms were very well kept and clean. We had all the things we needed to just relax. But to our surprise there was even a lake which was very calming to us.We enjoyed the pool. I know you can imagine how that jacuzzi felt( Like Heaven) after being so stressed with the wedding planning. We had a nice breakfast then walked down by the lake. We will hopefully be staying here again on our way to Boston for our Honeymoon.

Room Tip: There is only one thing to say.You can not pick a bad room they are all great at least ours was.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

164 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
West Lafayette, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I loved my stay at this hotel. They had super friendly staff and it was a well maintained facility. Definitely will stop in again if I'm in the area in the future. It was nice to have a swimming pool to relax at and the jacuzzi was pretty sweet too. The rooms were clean and no bed bugs which is always a plus. :)

Room Tip: Lake view room was nice.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
sandyhook
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I was passing through and decided to stay at this location and i was suprise on how nice and clean. Everybody that work there was friendly and helpful when i asked them about the area i highly recomend this to all my friends.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Stockholm, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

The staff were overall ok. The owner didn't seem to enjoy his life very much. I would not recommend this hotel even if there are some perks.

The hotel stank. It smelled in the hall like they were trying to cover something up with some soapy detergent (perhaps smoke). We went into our room and the odor smelled moldy/mildewy. It was awful. We stayed there for four nights total and after two nights I asked to change rooms which I wish I did from the start. We got a new room directly. The new room still stank but was much better. It was not as strong. I then got online and saw that someone had commented on the moldy smell in 2007..does no one else smell this?! It was on the first floor which apparently had a flood a long time ago. I know it is a cost to replace all the carpets but I would never be able to run a hotel with that smell. I would be embarrassed to let someone stay in there.

There was a softball team staying there too and they were screaming and running down the halls until midnight but that is not really the hotel's fault except if there were so many in a group maybe put them all in one area.

I guess we paid for the location since it is very close to the dunes but I would pay so much more to have a clean smell if I was aware of it. It ruined my stay.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the second floor and on the creek side!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

our room had been smoked in, asked for new room. i was told, all rooms are smoke free must of been someone smoking outside and smoke came in. ok but the bathroom smells the worst. sorry but we cant give you new room. thought well reviews work better than arguing with her. so while i'm on it, we didnt get new room, towel in bath had 2 big long hairs on it, bed made very poorly, and small hot tub

Room Tip: there's no tip for good room. maybe you'll get it maybe you wont. i wish i had taken picture...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We stayed here 07/28/12 and booked two rooms. The girl at the front desk was extremely helpful and pleasant. She even recommended good local restaurants for our family. Our rooms were very spacious and clean. The hotel is located next to a very pretty creek. The man in the breakfast area was very nice and very quick to re-stock breakfast foods. We will definitely stay here on our next trip to MI. Thank you Best Western Indian Oak!!

Room Tip: Great hotel!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Charlottesville, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here July 27. It was very disappointing. They have recently become non-smoking; however even in the previously non-smoking room we occupied the odor was strong enough to be bothersome. Further the place was dirty inside and out. Smokers leave the building to smoke but management does not provide receptacles so cigarette butts by the hundreds line the entrance. Management needs to step it up or Best Western needs to step in.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Indian Oak? Share your experiences!