“Chesterton visit” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Chesterton
Chesterton, United States
“Chesterton visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Came to town for a surprise birthday party, found the hotel very nice, clean, and fresh. Their entire staff was courteous and friendly. The Bob Evans was next to the hotel and easy to get to. Also a really adorable Amish Furniture Store just down from the hotel. Everyone in Chesterton was really nice!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

eileenhowat, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for writing a great review of Chesterton and the hotel. It is a small quaint town in the northwest corner of Indiana Glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and hope you visit us again soon.
Eileen Howat Asst GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Huntertown, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

My family and I meet at this hotel every winter so the kids can swim, we can eat White Castle, and just hang out. We have enjoyed our stay and we are sure you will too. Very clean, comfortable and friendly atmosphere!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your great recommendation of the hotel. It was short and sweet and to the point. I am dleighted that you and your family will come back again.
indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I am Tina's Mother Carol Reum, which my husband and I stayed in adjoining rooms, with my daughter and husband in the other room. which I had asked for rooms close if possible and they went one beyond, and gave us adjoining rooms. I t was so nice. My grandson had a competion at the highschool, and the whole FC singer group, staying at this Hotel. They took good care of the kids, and fed them both mornings. I was impressed, at the low level of the noise, throughout, because all we heard, because we were on 1st floor room, with window, by parking lot, where when the kids came in you heard them some,but not to any annoying level. It was to be expected because, aprx 200 kids were getting off 2 buses. We stayed there 2 nights, and really enjoyed ourselves. We don't travel too often, but if we do, we will for sure seek out a Hilton garden INN. Matter of fact we have a new Hilton Garden INN real close to us in Indianapolis on south side, real close to us. but never checked it out.It would be so nice to have extended family stay there, if there was ever a need. In conclusion, you run a very nice establishment. and you should be proud of all your employees. Thanks Carol Reum. jprhot1@aol.com

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I was so happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations. The staff is trained to go above and beyond and from your review it appears they did. I will forward your review to them.
I do hope when you are in the area that you will stay with us again.

Cedar Lake, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I am a Hilton Honors Gold Member and I stay at a ton of hotels during the year. I wanted to express my sincere gratitude and appreciation to this hotel staff for what is becoming the most enjoyable logistically challenging experience! That is a tongue twister. Our group has a lot of last minute changes and alterations to the contractual agreement and this hotel staff and management continue to far exceed any expectation I have for a seminar host. It’s our 4th year at this location and since the first one the team that runs the seminar on site and numerous attending couples can say nothing other than glowing reviews of how well they were treated.

I want to thank your team for this support and understanding and know I will HIGHLY recommend your brand to all my peers and friends in the future because of this effort. It’s rare these days to find businesses that are not solely trying to earn a profit at the cost of customer service but your team is the exception to this trend.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for such a great reccomendation of our hotel. It is a pleasure to serve your group and you can count on us for anything you need. The review you wrote was absolutely wonderful. Not many of our meeting room groups write reviews so thank you for taking the time out of your busy day.

Hope to see you next year
Brighton, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

As a business traveler that travels throughout the midwest to the east coast regularly, I was working in the area and decided to stay at this location. Upon checking in, the front dest personnel was extremely friendly and warm. With a quick check in, she extended well wishes and if there was anything I needed she would do her best to accomodate. I did need some directions to a local retail store and without hestitation, she was very attentive to give me directions and to ensure I understood her directions. Later rather than going off premise for dinner, I decided to eat in their restaurant. I chose the crispy salmon. Thinking it was going to either be mushy or dried out...again I was shocked. The Chef (Brian) did in my opinion an outstanding job in preparing this entrée. The salmon was prepared perfectly, not mushy nor dried out, in fact as you cut into the fillet, it was moist and firm, but best of all the complete dinner was hot. The fillet was accompanied with wild rice and broccoli florets served on a nice piece of leaf lettuce. My server, Kelly was very attentive and quick to ensure that my dinner met my satisfaction and to ensure that my drink was refreshed when requested. I must say my dinner experience was a delight. The only thing I could suggest is that with such a nice lobby, a clean and quaint dinning room, that maybe the door going into the kitchen could remain closed. Although minor I could see some visitiors would be critical that while they are eating, they could look right into the kitchen and see the beverage station with folded boxes resting on top. One other suggestion would be to have Brian wear a Chef coat, because with the quality of the food that he had prepared, I am sure those eating in the restaurant would like to see who has prepared their meal in whites rather than a black tea shirt with white apron. If you are in the area and are looking for a very clean hotel (lobby and rooms), friendly staff and good food, then may I suggest this place to you. Enjoy!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
eileenhowat, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you for taking to time write such a wonderful review of the hotel but mostly of the staff.
I will forward the review to all partys and I am sure they will be as thrilled as I was. I will also pass on your suggestions about the door and white coat to the GM. It is always nice to find a guest who is extremely satisfied with their stay and takes the time to let others know.
Please visit us again soon.

Valparaiso, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

This hotel is worth the money. Great hotel, hot tub and sauna. Rooms are very clean and so were the beds. Very comfortable. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. My family and I have stayed here several times and we only live 15 minutes from it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

eileenhowat, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate all the positive feedback you gave and hope that you will continue staying with us.

Sylvania, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Cliff-Art C - Notes:
1. Great Room - Very Clean - Extremely Nice - A+ A+ A +
2. Food Service - Very Good to Extremely Good - You will like it.
3. Plenty of Safe Parking.
4. The Staff were Excellent..
5. The Pool and Exercise Room - Real Nice
6. You can not go wrong staying here.
7. Pretty Lobby with seats and beverage service

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for you 7 extremely postive comments and for taking the time to write a review. Your review will help our hotel by bringing more guests to visit. My hope is that you will visit again soon.

Asst GM

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton? Share your experiences!