“Newer, clean, friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Minnetonka, MN
“Newer, clean, friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I arrived a little later after the drive over from O'Hare, under two hours. The rooms were standard, felt clean. I always feel this way at most HGI's. Nothing that stood out except for their attention to Hilton Honors members, they were very attentive to me being one, which is nice! Breakfast was run of the mill, very satisfying. I usually eat a bagel with peanut butter and cream cheese, yogurt, cereal, and a banana. This keeps me full till a late or no lunch! Great hotel, will stay again when in the area for business again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
eileenhowat, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Thank you for your glowing review. I am so happy you had a wonderful stay with us. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more enjoyable please contact the front desk upon check in. It was very nice of you to take you time to write a postive review. Thank you again

Asst Gm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012 via mobile

Great location for a stopping point to or from Chicago for me. Good value and price, surprisingly good restaurant on premises. I'm a repeat guest and will continue to come back here when in the area. Five stars.

Stayed March 2012
Thank you for spending your time to write such a postive review. It is always a shot in the arm to our staff when someone takes time to write a wonderful review. The staff is constantly striving to make our guests feel at home. I hope you will visit again very soon.
Thank you again.

Asst GM
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

We have stayed here numerous times and have an excellent experience each time. Rooms are well appointed, and clean, the pool and workout room are nice and the staff is very helpful and efficient. Dinner in the restaurant was good and the breakfast buffet is a great deal.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel and has a great experience. I was celebrating my wife's birthday and I let the staff know when I made my reservation. I was very appreciative of the room upgrade and the attention that I received. When I return to this area I will definitely stay here again.

BTW- the omelets in the morning are pretty good!

Room Tip: If you are celebrating an event make sure to let the staff know.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

I have family in the Chesterton, Indiana area, and I visit at least once a year, usually around Christmas. The Hilton Garden Inn is great for this. The location is convenient, it's right off the highway, and it is the perfect combination of good facilities, and good service. My grandchildren love the pool area, and we usually take advantage of the breakfast buffet that is a great value. I definitely recommend this place for travel involving families.

Room Tip: There are three floors, and I recommend something on the second floor.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
eileenhowat, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton, responded to this review, January 6, 2012
I want to thank you for your glowing review. It is nice to know that you and your family had a wonderful time at our hotel. Our staff works hard each and every day to provide our guests with a "home away from home" feeling. We will be looking forward to you staying with us again next year.

Asst GM
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

I was very happy with my experience here. Visiting a relative in a nearby nursing home, I had a comfortable accessible room where we could visit and spend the day together. For accessibility, terrific, except, the room I had there is not a roll-in shower, so do inquire ahead if that is needed. Otherwise, all features wheelchair accessible, including desk, closet, great bathroom, lots of room. Very, very clean, very friendly helpful staff - especially considering they were all working on the Christmas holidays (and I appreciated the humanity and kindness of management towards staff in limiting room cleaning hours so some staff could get off early for the holidays). I can tell this hotel is well-run from the service ethic, to the cleanliness, to the excellent fresh food, to the way people always meet your requests, to the fully stocked supplies, and letting you know if there were going to be any changes in their regular hours. Really, really appreciate not being nickle and dimed to death on each amenity. I needed both wired and wireless Internet and both are available for free. There is free printing too which allowed me easy access to some forms I needed to print out. I do a moderate amount of traveling to conferences, mostly to big cities, and am always pleased when a small town hotel exceeds the standards of bigger, fancier hotels. Very comfortable, fully adjustable office chair plus nice comfy armchair with hassock. The breakfast buffet is wonderful and very reasonably priced. Very, very fresh food - the fresh pineapple was great - food cooked to order perfectly each time - crispy bacon, nice assortment of juices. Plenty of parking. Very nice lobby with couches, fireplace, assortment of newspapers, where they have tea, cocoa etc. available at all hours, plus a small 24 hour market of snacks, toiletries, etc. Oh, and the fitness room and pool are very nice. Good treadmills, wish I had been prepared to sit in the sauna. Bed very comfortable, nice assortment of pillows, good temperature control, windows that can be opened (very important to some of us). Very clean - rug clean, smells clean (I had my face down close in some yoga poses) but no evil scents. A totally positive experience where one feels at home, nice areas where one can visit with guests and family, and have as close to an at-home comfort level as I can imagine.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I love my room. Breakfast was great. Hotel was clean. I would highly recommend it. Only downside for me was check in. The two women working seemed completely disinterested and inattentive to anything but handing me a key. I got a nice room upgrade. Not mentioned. Service more like grunts than care. BUT, in the morning, great staff in hallways cleaning, said hello, nice folks at counter, great breakfast staff (very helpful and good food).

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
eileenhowat, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
I want to apologize for the front desk staff the night you checked in. Let me assure you they have been spoken to and that our goal is to make you feel that this is your home away from home. I was happy to hear that the rest of your stay with us went well. Please do not judge us by your initial encounter. We look forward to having you stay with us again and I do appreciate your comments. Eileen Howat Asst MGR

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton? Share your experiences!