“Amazing food.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Indiana
“Amazing food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We had grown up grilled cheese (oven roasted tomatoes, asparagus, spinach and fontina cheese) with a side of fresh berries (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries) and a spring salad ($11) with homemade poppy seed dressing. My son had a perch po' bo with the same sidey, and my hubby a Cobb Salad with roasted veggie soup which had huge mushrooms and other veggies in it. Everything top notch. I wish they served wine, or would let you bring in your own. We bought a few bottles from the Butler winery outlet just next door and would have loved a glass with lunch. To top it off I had salted caramel macaroons for dessert. GREAT food. Homey atmosphere. Fantastic prices for quality. Go on Saturday during the summer when Chesterton's European Market is in full swing.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Porter, Indiana
“Bakery and coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Tuesday through Saturday delicious and tempting pastry items thermoses of good coffee. Some luncheon items. Mostly for carry out but there is a small but pleasant and comfortable seating area.

Visited November 2012
Northwest Indiana
“Yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I attended the Porter County Chamber Night when I discovered Tonya's. They were giving samples of many of their desserts and after I tried the flourless gluten free cookie I knew I had to find this place. I went there this past Saturday and decided to treat myself to lunch. I had the ham, swiss panini with apple slaw with the side of yogurt parfait which had a granola peanut butter top on it. Ohhhh it was so good! The sandwich was $9.95 I guess a little pricey but it was really good. The parfait was served in a cute teacup! The menu changes daily I was told. The bakery case was filled with breads, cakes and pastries. I brought two of the cookies home to share. The place is small but there is such a cosy feeling to it.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cedarburg, Wisconsin
“Exquisite pastries, outstanding service, Tonya is sweeter than the fabulous Lemon Mousse!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We ate at this little house right on the main drag twice in the past five years. Tonya has not only provided a charming decor but also created some of the best food I've had in a long time.

For our first stop, we chose the fried green tomato sandwiches on ciabatta bread. Fresh mozzarella is drizzled with a delightful balsamic sauce. One half sandwich filled me, so I took the remainder home and actually ate in a few days later. I baked it for ten minutes in my convection microwave oven; wow!

Her Lemon Mousse sponge cake already described by another writer "the honey-hive shaped lemon mousse sponge cake, painted with apricot glaze and topped with a fondant honey-bee" needs to be eaten room temperature. All the wonderful flavors resonate in your mouth as you slowly eat this heavenly treat.

The best of the best has to be the yogurt parfait made with the most amazing and light granola I've ever tasted. As soon as I finish this review, I intend to order a few pounds of the granola, i.e. if Tonya will ship to Wisconsin?

I highly encourage you to stop by, meet Tonya, and taste some of the wonderful cookies as you chat over a cup of coffee, tea, or lemonade.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chesterton, Indiana
“Foo Foo Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Qui Qui!! You liketa quiche, well dey got it. And numerous pastries for your pie hole. A bit over priced, in my experience, but well worth the preppers skills. Tastee Tastee for a Tea party or a Breakfast Suare'. This Eater Enjoyed Every Episode!!

Visited September 2011