“Lots to see” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Centerville Antique Mall
200 W. Union St., Centerville, IN 47330 (Formerly Webb's Antique Mall)
765-855-5551
Improve this listing
Type: Antique Shops, Malls, Shopping
Activities: Antiquing
More attraction details
Owner description: With about 500 stalls, this antiques mall is a treasure trove.
Celina, Ohio, United States
7 attraction reviews
“Lots to see”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Very, very large antique store. Of course, you may not consider everything you see to be "antique," but this is typically the norm for a large scale antique mall such as this. My wife and I have only been visiting this type of stores for a couple of years, but compared with some other antique malls we've shopped in (Wapak, Oh; Van wert, OH; Waynesville, OH; Portland, IN), this antique mall, and other antique shops in the Centerville/Cambridge City area, have much more reasonable prices. Take a piece of paper and pen along to jot down booth numbers with items you like, because trying to track down items later on can be quite a chore, as this store is very expansive. Another nice thing is that you are not pestered by employees following you around and spying on you because they're worried about theft. We had coffee and strawberry pie in the restaurant, which was delicious.

Visited June 2012

Indianapolis IN
“Meh... I've encountered much better.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I was torn between one and two stars but the place is fairly clean and well-lit so two stars seemed fair based on that. However, with that said, this is not a destination if you're shopping for antiques.

Despite its huge size Webb's lacks substance. I would think a better name for this mall would be 'flea market and collectibles' rather than antiques because the VAST majority of the items offered here are not antiques.

If you're into soda bottles, glassware, dinnerware... you'll hit the motherlode. Chances are you'll find some dishes and glasses and a few bottles. If you're looking for antique books, antique furniture, ANTIQUE collectibles you're better off visiting some of the other antique stores that pepper Rt 40.

My last visit to Webb's was in 2010 and I could swear that some of the stuff I saw then was still sitting on the shelves when we visited this past Saturday. That tells me there isn't a whole lot of turnover.

And the slow check out process is abysmal, though if you're not selling a whole lot then I guess the proprietors find it adequate. The bathrooms could do with a bit more attention and I'm not sure I'd eat at the restaurant... if it's even still open.

A better bet for antiquing would be Vinton House and Building 125 in Cambridge City which is a few miles west on Rt 40 (a very nice shot of the interior of Building 125 can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynet/4158652324/).

Wheeler's in Centerville isn't too bad though it's very close quarters and stuff is stacked on more stuff so browsing is a bit tricky. I also visited The Glass Cupboard in Knightstown and found several 'treasures', there, so it would be a place I'd recommend. I'd consider The Glass Cupboard, which also calls itself an antique mall, several steps up from Webb's.

Happy antiquing!

Visited May 2012
“It's well worth a stop!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011 via mobile

There's really too much to see here in only a few hours. Some of the items remind me when I was a youngster and other things take you back a century or more. No matter what there's a lot of very interesting stuff and the largest I've ever seen.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
14 attraction reviews
“If you can't find what you're looking for, it probably doesn't exist”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

We stopped by Webb's serendipitously as a quick break while driving down I-70... a quick break quickly turned into an hour and a half, and I don't think I saw a third of the place, though we picked up a lot of great pieces for pretty great prices - if you have a special collection interest, this is a great place to go!