“No serious problems; nothing outstanding.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Carmel
Lexington, KY
“No serious problems; nothing outstanding.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2009

I stayed here on a one-night business trip. The rooms were fine: the suites provide more room than your typical hotel room and it is nice to have a refrigerator; everything was clean and comfortable. There just wasn't anything special about this hotel. The staff was friendly, but not overly outgoing, and I can't say I was overly impressed with the restaurant.

My main issue at this hotel was the noise and other guests at the time. There were several families with small children, so there wasn't a quiet moment from the time I arrived. I noticed that there's a large gap from the floor to the door, so there was constant noise from 5-year olds running up and down the hallway (as a note: the next morning I noticed someone down the hall stuffed a towel in the gap of theirs). I was also on the first floor, right beside the pool area, so I also heard nothing but yelling and screaming until late that night. I did not mention anything to the hotel staff, nor did I ask to change my room.

This Doubletree is perfectly fine, but I have seen nicer. There are several other properties in the area which are similar if you're looking for a little more.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Noblesville, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

My husband and I went there for the Romance plan they had. When we checked in, the front person was not aware of it. Once my husband asked that they look at our reservations and check on the plan,the person was more aware. In the hotel room I needed a kleenex right away. The kleenex box is inside a holder, and the tissues were wet. We asked for a new box and was given one within a half hour. I found out later the problem is, the tissues are kept on the sink area and when the water is run it can flow back up onto the sink area. Hence,causing the tissue box to get wet. But, this was obviously not checked by housekeeping.
We were to get champagne on arrival. This did not happen, so we told them they could bring it in at 9p. This arrived ontime.
We wanted to order room service, and when we called we were told the Prime Rib was going to no longer be served. However, it was still on the menu.
We went down to see where the "Bistro" was. It is in the main lobby area, within the cold blast of the front doors when they are opened. We did not eat there.
At 4 am I woke up needing something to drink. I did not have any change on me, so I walked up to the desk to ask for change. The attendant asked what I needed and he responded with' I only have 10's and 20's'. He promplty went back to sit down behind the door and I heard no more.
Room service breakfast arrived approx on time. However the food(eggs, omelet, toast ,home potatoes ) were room temp.
We asked for 2 more towels for showers and after an hour and no response we went to get the towels ourselves.
We are Hilton fans, and have stayed in Doubletrees before. The Romance Plan was so we would have no problems and have a wonderful weekend. Romance was there, but not Doubletree's plan.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Tuscumbia, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2009

I live in Alabama and went to Indianapolis for work. When I awoke to 12.5 inches of snow, I was shocked. Two managers there named Matt and Adrienne shoveled out my car so I could go to work. (This was after they tried to call a cab for me, to no avail- cab companies were not answering the phones!) I travel Monday thru Friday every week with my job and have for over 2 years- all over the country and always with one of the hotels in the hilton chain....however, I have NEVER received service like this. It was truly a treat. They are just 2 minutes from the interstate and absolutely perfect!

• Liked — level of service from staff was excellent
  • Disliked — nothing- it was great and I will stay there again
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Riverview, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2009

Have stayed here often. Wonderful front desk staff. Great pool.

Lots of restaurants nearby.

Rooms are bright and comfortable with a wonderful fireplace!

I have tried other area properties and this is by far the best.

• Liked — large comfortable rooms
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2009

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The hotel is clean, updated, and the staff are friendly. The suite was great. I loved the bed! For me, there were only two downsides. The parking is not as convenient as other hotels. You cannot see the entrance from any parking spot and you have to walk around the building. The second downside was the elevator. It was far from the check-in desk. These two downsides are minor for me. I will stay in this hotel again when I come back to Indy. It was also very reasonable compared with the other hotels in the area.

• Liked — Suite, Bar, Service
  • Disliked — parking & elevator location
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
west palm beach, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2009

This was a nice doubletree in a quiet, suburban area. Very clean, not loud. I liked that there is a restaurant onsite. They also have a small cocktail bar in the restaurant which I would normally appreciate but didn't use this trip.
The staff is very accomodating. Initially, they gave us a first floor room but I do not feel safe in first floor rooms so they changed us immediately.
Plenty of towels (even though we asked for/receive more); nice neutrogena bath products which were readily replenished.
We stayed for 3 nights and each time we came back to the room later in the afternoon the room was all made up. Only one time it was not, but it was completely our fault as we left the Do Not Disturb sign on the door. How refreshing that they actually paid attention to that--almost everytime I've stuck that on the door at other hotels, the housekeepers ignore it and just start pounding on the door so they can clean the room.
I really like the suite concept--especially when traveling with others who may have different sleep schedules, etc.
We were traveling to visit family for Thanksgiving so the location was very convenient, as well as a close enough drive to downtown if you want to explore.

• Liked — safe area; convenient
  • Disliked — a little pricy for location, hotel type
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2008

This was a great place and I would take my family there again. My husband and I, along with my 14 year old son and 17 year old daughter, stayed here one night while visiting a university in the area. We didn't receive any cookies as others stated here and we were short one towel in the bathroom, which the staff provided immediately upon request. We utilized the pool, hot tub and the workout room. All were very clean and nice after a long trip.

The room was spotless and did not smell odd, like some hotels do. The beds were extremely comfortable and also very clean. The heating unit made a little noise that occasionally woke the kids. We are not frequent travelers and feel very uncomfortable staying in a hotel. The photos are an accurate depiction of the suite we stayed in. This hotel made us very at ease and we would stay there again and recommend it to everyone. The staff was very pleasant, professional; yet not too stuffy. Great experience!

• Liked — Clean and comfortable. Everything.
  • Disliked — Nothing - well, missing one towel in the bathroom. Certainly not a problem!
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Carmel? Share your experiences!