“nice hotel, good location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Carmel
west palm beach, FL
“nice hotel, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2009

This was a nice doubletree in a quiet, suburban area. Very clean, not loud. I liked that there is a restaurant onsite. They also have a small cocktail bar in the restaurant which I would normally appreciate but didn't use this trip.
The staff is very accomodating. Initially, they gave us a first floor room but I do not feel safe in first floor rooms so they changed us immediately.
Plenty of towels (even though we asked for/receive more); nice neutrogena bath products which were readily replenished.
We stayed for 3 nights and each time we came back to the room later in the afternoon the room was all made up. Only one time it was not, but it was completely our fault as we left the Do Not Disturb sign on the door. How refreshing that they actually paid attention to that--almost everytime I've stuck that on the door at other hotels, the housekeepers ignore it and just start pounding on the door so they can clean the room.
I really like the suite concept--especially when traveling with others who may have different sleep schedules, etc.
We were traveling to visit family for Thanksgiving so the location was very convenient, as well as a close enough drive to downtown if you want to explore.

• Liked — safe area; convenient
  • Disliked — a little pricy for location, hotel type
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2008

This was a great place and I would take my family there again. My husband and I, along with my 14 year old son and 17 year old daughter, stayed here one night while visiting a university in the area. We didn't receive any cookies as others stated here and we were short one towel in the bathroom, which the staff provided immediately upon request. We utilized the pool, hot tub and the workout room. All were very clean and nice after a long trip.

The room was spotless and did not smell odd, like some hotels do. The beds were extremely comfortable and also very clean. The heating unit made a little noise that occasionally woke the kids. We are not frequent travelers and feel very uncomfortable staying in a hotel. The photos are an accurate depiction of the suite we stayed in. This hotel made us very at ease and we would stay there again and recommend it to everyone. The staff was very pleasant, professional; yet not too stuffy. Great experience!

• Liked — Clean and comfortable. Everything.
  • Disliked — Nothing - well, missing one towel in the bathroom. Certainly not a problem!
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2008

I'm a huge Hilton family hotels fan and have stayed at Doubletrees many times in the past, so I almost hesitate to even write this review, but I do want other travelers to beware. While the hotel is very nice-- impressive lobby, nice bar, clean rooms, very comfy bedding, etc., I was quite shocked on how "thin" the walls seemed. I wouldn't consider myself a light sleeper but I heard every bump in the night-- even someone talking at a normal level in the hallway. Not sure what the deal is there. Maybe it was a fluke-- maybe it was the wing of the hotel we were in.... but, just thought I would throw that out there.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2008

My wife and I had needed sometime away and alone with her being pregnant and family always bugging us. We booked a night with the hotel for some alone time. Upon our arrival we were greeted with very friendly personnal at the desk.
She did how ever inform us that the hotel was over booked that night . We were informed that they would try to get us into another Hotel at a different property. I would like to think it was because of my wife being pregnant and tired , they upgraded us to the Presidential Suite! and a Complimentary coupon for the breakfast buffet the next morning. I do alot of business around the city so I know how things like this can happen. I was totally understanding of the room issue, but I was totally floored by their gift. The room was incredible, HUGE! We had the time of our lives in there. You really feel like and King and Queen in there. My wife can't stop raving about the bed we slep in...............All those pillows and clean soft sheets. The breakfast was just fabulous. They really know how to welcome you with the spread that they have. The staff was simple a pleasure to meet and to be greeted by. With having a pregnant wife, she was looking for happy smiles and all the food she could handle. Double Tree meet all our Expextations and all our needs, even for just one night. It's one that we will remember for a long time.

• Liked — They went out of their way when they did'nt have to
  • Disliked — When we had to leave
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2008

My family stayed here two weekends in August. Both times the room was exceptionally clean and comfortable. The pool was fantastic and the service was great.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2008

had a reservation for a room with a balcoy-upon check-in they said they did not have a balcony room left--not a good start--ended up with a regular room without a balcony--room was very nice-beds were great--lobby, restaurant and bar are are very nice-food was expensive but good--very understaffed--outside pool area is very pretty-overall would stay again-

• Liked — room and decor
  • Disliked — no restaurants close by
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2008

My family of four stayed at this hotel for four days at the end of June, 2008. These were our findings:

Good:
The room was spotless and spacious. The bed (king), was big and comfey with the down comforter. The air conditioner worked and it was delightfully cool in the room. Shower pressure was outstanding (tub slippery though be careful). Rooms quiet.

Not so good:
Actually there isn't much bad to say about the hotel other than the policys of the chain. If you use a debit card they hold and extra $25.00 a day for "extra" charges which over 4 days comes to $100.00 not at your disposal. The refridgerator DOES NOT WORK. The front desk said they were all the same. Ice machine on the second floor doesn't work. Food expensive.

All in all it is a good value. Safe and clean. We would stay again.

• Liked — Cookies at check in. Quiet clean rooms, Felt safe
  • Disliked — Fridge didn't work
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Carmel? Share your experiences!