“Large rooms - needs maintenance” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Carmel
Carmel, United States
“Large rooms - needs maintenance”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We had 3 rooms for a family wedding and it was not as nice as expected. Lobby was nice, rooms were good size and staff was very nice. Needs maintenance!! 1 room had mold in the shower area , 2nd room tub dripped constantly and the 3rd had not been vacuumed and had dirty pillowcases.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
San DIego, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Been to this hotel before, but definitely our last... We checked in, reserved a room with 2 beds plus a pull-out couch. Got a room with one bed. No biggee, as we were moved to a different room. After starting to unpack, and trying open the pull-out, we saw that it was completely broken (yet someone still managed to put clean sheets on the mattress even though the frame was completely broken and unusable). Two of the three days we were at this hotel, we happened to be in the room when housekeeping came by (fairly early by my experience - 9:30-10:00). We told them that we would be leaving, and we were told that they would return. On both occasions, we did leave, yet no housekeeping reutrn. On our last night there, and in need of clean towels, it took 3 trips to the front desk to finally get clean towels to shower with... Finally, the place could use some updating. Not so much the decor, but the furniture. In addition to the broken pull-out bed, the mattresses on the other two beds were well past their usable life - so 4 nights of not sleeping well, and a sore neck bonus for both myself and my wife.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Macomb, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We visited the hotel with a 12u baseball team and as the manager of the team I was extremely happy with our overall experience. Our families all had a great weekend with many other families from the Midwest, and the hotel staff was very pleasant during our stay. The hotel is due for some minor updates, but we can see that work is in progress. Thanks for a wonderful 4th of July weekend.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Carmel, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I was very disappointed in this Doubletree. Checking in was slow the front desk was too busy visiting with another employee. The room was run down, tiles were falling in the shower. I would not recommend this hotel.

Granger, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Great place. Spacious rooms. Wonderful pool. We stay here every year for our son's baseball tournament. It is a favorite for the whole team. The pool is indoor/outdoor that the kids love. We the parents love the separate bedroom suites with a door closing off the sitting area. Highly recommend this place.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel about 10 times - it's old and worn out, but generally clean & the staff is very friendly & helpful. I never had a problem until this stay. I checked in on 7/1/14 - noticed one bite on 7/2. I just woke up 2:00 AM on 7/3 with a dozen or more bites on both of my legs.

I called the front desk but no one answered - it literally rang for 20+ minutes.

Bed bugs are a deal breaker - I'm canceling my reservation for here next week - I'm complaining to Hilton Hotels - I'm writing this up on multiple travel sites - I am never staying here again.

I'd like to sue these people for the miserable experience of waking up with my legs itching like they were on fire. Avoid this place like the plague.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Jim S, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Carmel, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you taking the time to review your recent stay at our Hotel. I appreciate your continued loyalty to our property and the kind comments relating to our staff. I understand that you were disappointed with your most recent stay, for which I apologize. Our guests' health and safety is extremely important to us and of paramount concern. We work closely with a professional pest control company, which thoroughly investigated this matter. An extensive inspection was conducted of the guestroom in question, at the conclusion of which absolutely NO BED BUG ACTIVITY of an kind, whatsoever, was located. As a result, I hope you will reconsider your decision by returning to our property in the near future. We would welcome the opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Warrenville, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

While the hotel lobby and pool were nice, the room itself was old and of poor quality. The room felt damp, even with the AC running. The pull-out sofa was poor quality, the linens on the bed were poor quality, and the bathtub was dirty when we checked in. I would not stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Carmel? Share your experiences!