“Great craft beers, good pub food, enthusiastic service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 190 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: American
Windermere, Florida
“Great craft beers, good pub food, enthusiastic service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Every now and then you find a pub offering fine craft beers, good food and a happy, enthusiastic server team. You'll find such a pub on East 116th in Carmel, Indiana.
Their wheat beer rightfully ranks with some of the best known beers in this category.
Their pub fare menu complements their wheat beer, served by an enthusiastic and helpful server team.
Go early to take get a dinner table and take advantage of Sunday promotions.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

carmel
“Was impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Stopped in about an hour before family arrived to sample some of the beers. The beers were what I expected, good. The food is what we were pleasantly surprised about. Kids Mac and cheese was good, salad, hamburger and my meal was excellent. Would recommend. Only down side is that there is a potential long wait to be seated, so get there early.

Carmel, IN
“Mixed feelings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Loved the beer, but I have mixed feelings about this restaurant; I really wanted to like the place. The bar had been open for several months and I had driven by it several times before my son and I decided to have dinner there. The interior is, well, sortta’ store front décor with a splash of country charm; the dining room is mostly glass looking out onto 116th Street, not exactly a great view and the furniture is rustic. The help was friendly and the service was pretty good, but the server was tattooed and pierced. I’m no prude, but I like my servers a little cleaner looking (I know I’m being picky). I thought the menu was very limited although what we had was good. It seems very much like a college bar a long way from campus. If Upland Brewing in Carmel survives I will go back, but it could be so much better.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Fantastic turkey sandwich!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I popped in for lunch and sat at the bar. I was served my meal in less than 10 minutes and it was the best turkey sandwich that I've had in years. Will be back again and again!

Alexandria, Virginia
“Brew Pubbery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

In town for a wedding and wanted a bite to eat and a brew. Great little spot. Confused trying to figure out where it was. However, welcomed immediately upon entering.
Service was great and responsive. Nice selection of beers and good menu. Fish tacos were delicious. As was the salads, macoroni & cheese and burgers. Intelligent conversation with the server.
Will definitely patronize this establishment again!

• Visited September 2013