“Also disappointed!” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Also disappointed!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

I had read reviews before I went and figured there was a good mix of opinions so I took my chances at the new Biaggi's in Clay Terrace. We started out with cold focaccia bread...First time ever being served cold bread at an Italian restaurant. When we requested more bread, it came out hot that time - so I know for sure we got the blue light special focaccia for starters. Our waitress was nice and helpful; she eagerly suggested the Italian Cream Soda... She should've called it crappy cream soda but I guess if you're into watered down milky froth than this may be your cup of tea. Nothing sweet and satisfying about this cream soda. Next came the crab cakes for appetizer, they were an ok flavor but they were as thin as a hamburger from McDonalds and a little to dry on the edges. As for the main course, we ordered ziti al forno (with the chicken and shrimp) and lasagna. The ziti al forno had a nice flavor but it was more like eating a soup. I've never had a cream sauce so runny where the ziti literally dripped like a faucet; the potato soup at Charleston's is no where near as runny. I asked our waitress as i showed her with a spoon if it was supposed to be that runny. And she said it had previously been too dry so maybe they overcompensated to keep it moist. But the ziti was definitely not the worst; the lasagna stole the show there. My fiancé hadn't mentioned the ill quality of the lasagna as I just figured he was biting his tongue as I complained of the soupy pasta I had ordered. He put a bite on my plate for me to try not knowing the dreadfulness that would follow. The lasagna was mushy! So mushy that if you pushed your soup spoon, I mean pasta spoon into the lasagna it immediately became a paste. Disgusting! This is the kind of thing I picture as a substitute food given to an elderly person in a nursing home. Plain awful! Will we go back?...I don't think so! Farewell Biaggi's!!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Westfield, Indiana, United States
“Very disappointed!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I ate st Biaggis in Evansville so we were thrilled to have one right down the road. Service was prompt but the food was awful! It's overpriced and I could have definitely made a better meal at home. We will never waste our time or money at Biaggis again. I guess we should have realized it was not good by seeing that there were barely anyone dining there.

Visited January 2013
Carmel, Indiana
“Our whole family gave a thumbs up!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

To celebrate two birthdays, our family decided to try the new Biaggi's near us. It turned out to be a great choice! The decor is lovely, and the service was excellent. Everyone loved the food, from the yummy bread through the salads and entrees. A word of advice, the small salads are plenty big enough to split. Special favorites were the squash ravioli dish and the black pasta with crab sauce. Best of all, we loved that all of the pasta selections are available in half portions! There is, also, a nice
kids' menu which includes a beverage and small sundae with the kiddie entrees. We'll definitely be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Three State Review!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We were thrilled to hear Biaggi's was coming to Carmel, IN! We visited in both IL and Iowa and loved it! The decor in Carmel is bright and cheery! I love the booths for a more private conversation. Tables are available for bigger parties. The lunch time options of pasta and salad or soup, sandwich, salad combos are a great value! My women friends and my husband and I have all enjoyed it. The bread while you wait is yummy too, but you don't wait long! Service is prompt and you can linger as long as you want!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Carmel, Indiana
“Good food, service needs ATTENTION!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I had stopped by during the day to check out the menu and was impressed with the interior design and menu. My wife and I went back that night for dinner. Our waitress was very sweet BUT needed a little additional training. She could not pronounce the name of the soup of the day ( Stracciatella aka Roman style egg drop soup) In my opinion that is the responsibility of the manager or whoever is responsible for the wait staff. At least she knew that it was Italian egg drop soup! We were looking forward to a leisurely dinner, and the restaurant was only about quarter full so we thought "no problem". We shared that with our server and she assured us it would be "no problem". You guessed it! We were still enjoying our appetizer ( the crab cakes were outstanding!) when another server showed up with our entrees. He looked at us, at the table full of our appetizer and plates and asked " who had the salmon"? This is a pet peeve of mine, when I become a partner with a server and have to rearrange the table so she/he can deliver their order! I asked him to take the order back to the kitchen and our waitress eventually came over. I explained that I thought I was really clear that we were in no rush and we wanted a leisurely meal and she responded " I thought I was too", then walked away. She came back a few minutes later and I asked if she was going to be serving us the two dinners we had sent back, then please bring them back before they got cold. She did and that was all that was ever said about the situation. No manager, no explanation. The entrees were good, the wine list was reasonably priced and the atmosphere/ambience was very nice. It isn't cheap and when you want to charge the prices that Biaggis does, then service needs to be commensurate with those prices.

• Visited December 2012