“Consistent quality” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
The Woodlands, Texas
“Consistent quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I have practically lived here on a project and never thought about staying somewhere else if rooms are available. It is a HGI so expect that brand done well. Morning breakfast is free for HHonors. The workout area is diverse enough to be workable. The staff are friendly and helpful. The dinner/room service is predictable but never bad. Last stay was during renovation and they took extra care to minimize disruption. Not a fan of the HGI adjustable beds as they seem to sag as I sit in bed to work and watch TV. Internet is good and channels have improved to a wide selection on flat screen TVs. Fridge and microwave in each room.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Linda P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis/Carmel, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you for your review! We consider feedback from our guests a huge priority. We are committed to guest satisfaction. Just a side note: we are in the process of revising our restaurant menu and I think you will be happy with the selection. A lot of care and thought have gone into its development.

Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The triple digit weather in Indiana was too much for our AC. After 3 sleep deprived nights, we headed for a local hotel to chill. The Hilton Garden did not disappoint. Not only was the room comfortable (OK - I had it like a meat locker for about the first hour) temp-wise but the bed was amazing. The pillows in particular were perfect. The room was clean and the staff attentive although it appeared to be very thinly staffed.
Because the temp hit 105 I wouldn't have left that room even in the event of a nuclear disaster; so we had room service. I ordered a salad nicoise and although the tuna didn't look that appealing (it lacked that bright pink of rare preparation) it was very tasty. Nice to try someplace local so that we can recommend it for any visitors.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis/Carmel, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you for your review. Glad that we could provide you with air conditioning and a great bed!. The Garden Sleep System beds are not your normal hotel bed! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit--whatever the reason! We appreciate and value your business.
Portage, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

My 1st experience at a Hitlon Garden Inn. Have stayed at Hilton's regularly but none of these. A nice experience. Rooms were roomy, clean and service was very good. Great breakfast that was complimentary as a gold member. I have business in Indy often and will be back.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis/Carmel, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Hi and thank you for your review! We are committed to guest satisfaction and encourage feedback from our guests. I look forward to seeing you here again. We value your business and your loyalty to the Hilton family of hotels.
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I stayed here recently on business and thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

The property itself is what you would expect from a Garden Inn. Clean, bright with a great lobby/restaurant area and the gym is nicely appointed.

All the staff are friendly and professional.

As far as location, it is situated in a very contemporary "Business Park-like" area so there's not much to walk to. However, just minutes away by car are some very upscale areas. Specifically, Clay Terrace and the Carmel Arts and Design District. Two great locations to visit for shopping or dining.

Access to Indy from this location is easy. If you take Meridian St. it will take you straight downtown, however make time for many stops at traffic lights. I opted to take I465 / I65 which is longer in distance, but quicker as it's all highway driving.

Overall, an excellent experience and is on my "A"-list.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Hi and thank you for your review! We are committed to guest satisfaction and appreciate feedback from our guests. We value your business and look forward to your next visit. I am sure other travellers will find your review helpful.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

This Hilton Garden Inn is conventiently located near a Meijer's (grocery/shopping), Starbucks, and several other restaurants. There is a well maintained workout facility and sidewalks that are easy to walk. There is a pool and little bar/restaurant although I did not use either. The front desk staff is very friendly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hi and thank you for your review. Feedback from our guests is critical to our success. I hope that you will stay with us the next time you travel to Carmel. I will make sure our front desk staff explains our Garden Sleep System beds and how they adjust to your personal comfort level. We always want our guests to get a good night's sleep. We look forward to your next visit.
Mooresville, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

My best girlfriend/future maid-of-honor and I stayed here on a recent trip up to Indiana to search for wedding venues. I have an awards membership with Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club/Holiday Inn, and Starwood hotels. I have higher status with Marriott and Holiday Inn but am sort of over Marriott's hit or miss customer service and there wasn't a Holiday Inn close by that had decent online reviews. I always check reviews on yelp and tripadvisor before staying at a hotel in an unfamiliar area.

I booked this hotel about a month in advance and paid about a month in advance, saving about 20 dollars per night by doing so. This hotel sits far enough off the road that road noise wasn't a problem for me when sleeping. Upon arrival, we promptly greeted, checked in, and received complimentary waters in our room. The room was nicely appointed and had a microwave and mini fridge. You could adjust the firmness or softness on the side of your mattress to your liking, which was a nice touch. The room also had a modern flat screen TV, ergonomic chair, desk, ample storage space, and a good size bathroom with Neutrogena toiletries. The bed was super comfy and I slept well till about 3am when the honeymooners next door woke me up. This isn't the first time this has happened to me in a hotel. And why does it have to happen when my fiancee is overseas, rub it in why don't ya! Anyway, they settled down in about thirty minutes and I was able to go back to sleep.

We utilized the pool and jacuzzi, which were both very nice but full of children. I like children but it's hard to enjoy the hot tub with them jumping in and out of it. I expect it with the the pool, with the hot tub, not so much. The gym had three machines, floor mats, and a bench with light weights. Unfortunately, it was filthy. There were Oreo wrappers in the elliptical machine's cup holder. Calories in, calories out, I suppose. And when I was doing floor exercises I could see how dirty the floor was. I let the staff know and they said they would take care of it. They did call to check on how things were during our stay.

The breakfast was not free but with my Hilton rewards status I was able to get 2 dollars off, making it 8.95 instead of 10.95. Breakfast consisted of a buffet with cereal, pastries, yogurt, oatmeal, biscuits with gravy (surprising outside the south), eggs, omelets made to order, sausage, bacon, pancakes, and juice. Service was good, as was the food.

The reason for four stars is the random fees they put on your debit card for incidentals. They did ask for a credit card for incidentals when I checked in but I thought it was just for room service or other fees acquired during the stay. I have been a victim of fraud before so I keep an eye on my bank account. I noticed three fees, one for 3 dollars, one for 24.95, and one for 22.00 dollars to an unknown location in Carmel, IN. Worried, I called the bank who told me to check with the hotel. I checked with the front desk and these were holds they placed on the card. They don't actually charge you, just put holds on your card. It would have been nice had somebody explained to me there would be an actual hold instead of just assuming I knew.

If I'm in the area again, I would consider going back but I will probably double check other hotels in the area first.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Linda P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis/Carmel, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Thank you for reviewing your stay. Thank you for the compliements on several points. And my apology, for the lack of cleanliness in the fitness room. Please know this experience is not typical of our hotel. I have followed up with our executive housekeeper regarding this matter. I have also met with our front desk staff to be mindful and help educate guests about how debit cards work in hotels.

We are committed to customer service and value your business. I hope that you will choose Hilton Garden Inn the next time that you are in the Carmel area..
Champaign, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

My daughters and I were excited to visit Carmel for Mother's Day weekend. I researched several hotels in the area and settled on this one based on the many positive reviews and the proximity to the Art and Design district. It did not live up to my expectations. There were several rather small things that led to a general impression of a lack of attention to detail or perhaps short-handedness with staff. Dirty room service trays were in the hallway upon our arrival and were still there several hours later. Dirty towels in the pool and patio area were there the whole weekend. The patio had a few chairs scattered about in disarray, no tables, and one potted plant that was leaning over in a pot of dry dirt. Ugly! When we unfolded the sofa bed, there were nut shells and garbage underneath. And the sofa bed itself was so broken down that one of us slept on the love seat sized sofa as it was. In addition the blanket provided for the sofa bed was one of those weird foam polyester things with several holes. One night it sounded as though another guest above was was bouncing a ball at 11:30pm. When I called the desk, I was put on hold for five minutes, then was told (not rudely): "I'll be up to check it out as soon as I can." The noise stopped abiut twenty minutes later. The fancy firmness-adjustable bed didn't seem to work, AND the room looked out on the roof of the lobby below us and directly into the side of the cupola on top of the building. Nothing else was visible -- pebbled roof and wall. I could understand putting someone in this room as a last resort, but the hotel did not seem even remotely full;

All in all, I was disappointed. This could be a really nice hotel if they just watched the little details that make a place really worth the money. (Oh and the breakfast buffet is $11/person above 12.)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Linda P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis/Carmel, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
I am sincerely sorry that you were less than happy with your stay. Please be assured that your experience is not typical of our hotel. I have followed up on your comments with my entire staff. I wish we had known your concerns while you were still a guest with us and we hopefully would have resolved them to your satisfaction immediately. Thank you. We appreciate and value your business.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis/Carmel? Share your experiences!