“Average but located in a nice suburb of Indy” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now, save up to 25%
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Carmel
mid atlantic
“Average but located in a nice suburb of Indy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

This hotel is located just about 15 mins or so from downtown in a lovely suburb called Carmel. I was told to stay here by a local if visiting the city. My friend was right. While the Hilton Garden was pretty average ( I was told they were going to be updating the lobby soon) I was content with what they had to offer and felt very safe in my surroundings. The front desk staff were helpful. The room was clean. The bed was not that comfortable. The pool was very tiny actually the smallest I have seen in a hotel. The breakfast was good and enjoyed a dinner there as well. The hotel has easy access to the main part of Carmel and easy also to travel to downtown as well. This was a reward stay for our family so I can not comment on pricing.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Hermosa Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

I was happy with the hotel, but what I was impressed with was the gym! They had all the things I needed to do my circuit workout, including a wide range of free weights, body bars, and even pilates rings.

Also, the food at the restaurant was really great. I got the ahi tuna nicoise (and was thinking when I ordered it that it would be sub par,) but it was truly excellent. My travelling companion got the burger and she raved about that too!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Nice new hotel with a great gym (has ALL the weights for women :). The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Great hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed here for a family wedding. When we arrived after 5pm, the front desk had to check if our rooms were ready because some housekeeping staff didn't show up.It was, but to no surprise the next day, our room was not touched.
The room itself was nice enough and clean. We had a comfortable King bed with dual controls for adjusting firmness. I played with it, but didn't notice any difference. One of the three adults tried to sleep on the pull-out sofa. It was very uncomfortable and the package found in the closet for making it did not include a sheet.
We all used the fitness room. It was well equipped and clean. We noticed that the pool is extremely small.
The staff was all polite.
The hotel itself isn't within walking distance of any restaurant and none of us was happy to find out that the mega breakfast offered was not included in the price.
Had we not been staying with other family members due to the many out of town guests, we would have stayed at a different hotel. I personally would never stay in a hotel these days that doesn't offer breakfast, because you can find so many nice ones that do for equal or less than we paid for this one.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Wheaton, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed here for 4 days a few weeks ago and overall I was pleased with our rooms and the service. Considering the price was so reasonable, it was nice to see clean rooms and have good service. The guy at the front desk (young guy, don't remember his name) was super friendly and very helpful. Our pullout sofabed was broken, and the front desk responded immediately with a cot. The hotel checked on us to make sure we were happy with everything - it was nice to have an overall feeling that the hotel emphasizes good customer service. I liked that the fridge was empty for us to stock with our own drinks, and there was a microwave and free wifi. Rooms were clean and maid service was good.
The Cons: I wish there was a safe in the room. I haven't stayed anywhere in my recent memory that didn't have one, so it was surprising. The breakfast buffet was pretty good and the employees seemed very nice, but they forgot to make the oatmeal on both mornings that I had the buffet. Yes, there is a pool there, but it is so tiny that if more than 3 people are in it, it's too crowded.
Overall a very positive experience. Employees appear to have very good customer service training which can make all of the difference. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Albuquerque
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed here just one night, for business. Every one I met at this hotel was pleasant, courteous, and genuinely warm. The facility was immaculate, nicely landscaped, and the room was spotless.

Jemar, the night auditor was so kind and pleasant. So was Alicia at checkout. Najaly in the cafe was extremely pleasant. My food was cooked exactly to order and arrived quickly.

Even the general manager, ms. Poore, was sweet and genuinely warm. This is an excellent hotel, due in large part to her expert management and genial manner.

I recommend this hotel to any weary traveler.

• Stayed July 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights and got a room with a whirlpool tub, which was AMAZING!!! If you get a king bed like I did, the room is extremely spacious. My room faced the highway but I was not bothered by any noise. And along those lines, the room was very quiet in general. Perhaps it was because I stayed during the week and there were many single business travelers, but I don't recall ever hearing a peep from the other rooms... And my room was the closest to the elevator. All rooms come with a fridge (which was quiet) and a microwave, as well as a coffeemaker, iron and hairdryer. I cannot tell you how happy I was with everything.

The only drawbacks: First, if you're staying here, expect to drive anywhere you need to go. There is one restaurant and grocery store very nearby, but there is tons of traffic everywhere. This hotel is located in basically what is an industrial district. Secondly, while there is a restaurant within the hotel, it's literally part of the lobby. It's not very private or large. And breakfast is not free here. Finally, the pool is extremely small. It can really only comfortably fit 8-10 people, and that's not including if kids want to play and jump around. One nice bonus is that there is private outdoor space attached where you can sunbathe or read on a nice day.

Overall I HIGHLY recommend this hotel. A tip: Join the Hilton Honors program first. It's free and immediate, and once I did that, I actually got different, cheaper room options with MORE perks (like a whirlpool tub room). Just book on their website as opposed to a third party site.

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis/Carmel? Share your experiences!