“Perfection in every area” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Carmel
Roanoke, Virginia
“Perfection in every area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I travel a lot and never had such a perfect experience as this. We brought 2 dogs and expected, as has happened before, that the room would smell "doggy" and not be as clean as other rooms. The 2 room suite we got was spacious, perfectly set up with every amenity, dog friendly, (couch made of material easily wiped off) clean as could be, (I usually complain if there is a hair in a bathtub) and stocked with all we needed. The staff accommodated our desire for no feather pillows, extra hangers AND an extra garbage can. The one tiny complaint we had (soft mattress) was handled by the assistant manager within minutes. The continental breakfast was more than other hotels I've stayed in with a variety of items from eggs, potatoes, breakfast meats, various carbs, hot and cold cereals, waffles, and a huge amount of condiments. Coffee was always available. We have told many people of our great time and we would stay there anytime we are in Indianapolis. The lobby was warm and inviting with a fireplace and the whirlpool and indoor pool delightful.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Kate H, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Carmel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Wow! Thank you so much for this glowing review of our wonderful staff and facility!! The team here, from the front desk to housekeeping and maintenance, does its very best to make every stay comfortable and to meet guest requests. I’m so glad that you were able to enjoy some of the great perks of our Residence Inn including the complimentary hot breakfast that changes daily and our fresh coffee in the lobby. The coffee is especially wonderful on these cold winter nights in Carmel! Hopefully you’ll be able to also utilize the pool and hot tub next time you visit us! We cannot wait to see you again the next time you’re in our lovely piece of Indy!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I was in the area for business.Staff was very helpful. Hotel was clean and well maintained. I usually get annoyed with the chlorine smell from a pool and avoid hotels that have them. I didn't notice it at all!
Be careful if you have a beer in the lobby in the evening. The woman that works the area is WAY too helpful ;) I don't think my glass was ever less than half full!!!!
Rooms have plenty of space to work / relax

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Kate H, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Carmel, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience and kind words here on TripAdvisor! Our staff works extremely hard to be helpful and kind and I really appreciate you acknowledging them! It looks like you were able to enjoy many of the great features of our hotel, including the indoor pool and spa as well as our lovely Social Hour. The complementary wine, beer, and light meal at Social Hour can certainly be a comfort to a business guest who does not want to have to venture out to relax and have a nice time. I am so beyond thrilled that you were able to experience this awesome offering! Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!
Carmel, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I stayed with my family the night before my wedding last month and hosted a dinner in the hotels conference room. The staff at the front desk was wonderful from the time I chose the hotel all the way through hosting the event. The rooms were clean and well appointed. I had so much help from the sales department organizing the dinner and the room block. The sales department made it so easy and took care of everyone in my group! It really helped me to have somewhere to put my family who came in several days early. Thanks everyone at the Carmel Marriott!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Kate H, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Carmel, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Wow Gina! Thank you so much for your glowing review of our property here on Trip Advisor! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. It was an absolute pleasure to host you and your family during this special time in your life and we are thrilled that we were able to help make your wedding weekend wonderful. Thank you so much for acknowledging the hard work of the sales team and front desk staff. Our entire staff from front office to housekeeping works extremely hard to ensure that all of our guests feel like family and we strive to make a positive impression on everyone. I’m glad you were able to utilize one of our two meeting spaces for your party! The Hoosier Room is perfect for such an event! Please be sure to come back and visit us again the next time you have a family event in Carmel and congratulations on your lovely wedding!
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We recently stayed here for a wedding and had a great stay. I was extremely impressed by the staff at this hotel. We were first greeted by Kate who checked us in and was very personable. Every person who worked at the front desk during our stay was exceptionally friendly and helpful. We were looking for a quick place to grab lunch before the wedding and they recommended a nearby deli, which was very good. They then inquired later how our lunch was. Everyone from the housekeepers to the breakfast attendant was very friendly. We did not use the pool or fitness center, but they looked well maintained. The breakfast was your standard hotel fare, but it was well stocked and the hot choices varied morning to morning. Our room was very clean and looked updated. Because we were traveling with a baby it was nice to have a suite rather than a regular hotel room. This hotel offers a great value along with excellent customer service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Kate H, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Carmel, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
We really appreciate you taking time out of your day to review our hotel on Tripadvisor! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that you can make your way back to Carmel to visit us again soon. Thank you for noticing our staff and their hard work at making each guest feel welcomed and appreciated. We pride ourselves on making our guest’s stays positive in every way possible and I’m so happy that you felt that way. In addition to the front desk, the housekeeping, breakfast, and maintenance staffs work extremely hard to not only provide a clean, comfortable environment, but also to provide a high level of personalized service. I hope that the next time you visit us you will be able to utilize the pool, spa, fitness center, and sport court. They can be a great way to have fun with your children or to just relax on your own!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed there this weekend and the place was great! Hoosiers are just about the nicest people around! Aside from that the property was clean and nice (if tricky to find).

A piece of the cabinet in the kitchen came off in my hand. The stopper in the bathroom sink got stuck down. I fixed the sink. We ignored the broken cabinet. Other than that the place was great! The pool was clean and nice. the free breakfast was lovely! What more could I say?

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the hall. They seem to be a little bigger.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kate H, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Carmel, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
I want to first thank you so much for both staying with us and for taking the time to review your stay here on TripAdvisor! I am over the moon that you had a nice stay with us in our lovely piece of Indianapolis. Everyone from our Front Desk and Housekeeping staff works enthusiastically to make our guests feel welcome and comfortable. Our dedicated Maintenance staff also works extremely hard to make sure that everything in the guest rooms and public areas is in proper working order. Thank you so much for bringing your concerns to our attention and I will personally ensure both items have been properly fixed.

In addition to enjoying your guest room and the staff, I am so glad that you took advantage of some of the other amenities that our property offers. We have an indoor pool and spa that is open daily from 6am to 11pm for guest use with a myriad of pool toys. We also provide specialized ADA chairs for easy handicapped access to both the pool and the spa. Our complementary hot breakfast changes daily but always has those delicious homemade waffles. I hope you also got to enjoy some of the more decedent toppings!

Next time you visit us, be sure to check out our fitness center and complementary WIFI. Just more ways to have fun at our property!

Kate Hanecek
Front Desk Manager
Residence Inn by Marriott
Carmel, IN
317-708-5346
columbus,oh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Its a Residence Inn that could be one of the great ones, if only they paid attention to the little things.
First, lets talk about the great Front Desk staff. Very good employees.
Now for the little things.....
1. Misdirected sprinklers outside. They spray everywhere, just not on the grass. If you need a outdoor shower, you are in the right place. Since Indiana water is full of minerals, your nice clean SUV will be covered in white spots when you leave in the morning. If only they could make those minor adjustments to the sprinklers. Plus the water bill would be lower at the hotel.
2. This next item is not caused by the hotel, but could be addressed more quickly when brought to their attention. We had guests that seem to use the hallways as a giant trash dumpster. Old Food everywhere. Garbage tossed around. You have to wonder about Guests sometimes,
3. Hotel room not really cleaned that well initially. i was wonder if hotel room was checked in and out of without cleaning. We had a broken toilet seats, damaged bathroom door, stained toilet, tissue not folded to Marriott standards,missing bedding,and missing laundry bag. Never had some of these problems at other Marriott's before. Took a few reminders for them to correct and still not corrected. Rooms and common areas had wear and tear issues that could be easily fixed.
4. Breakfast- Major buffet/steam issue with food. Lots of pre prepped foods.A lot of Guests stated the orange juice tasted like Tang and they were right. Just a little more effort in this area and great breakfasts could be created. The retired grandmas that run the Holland,Michigan Residence Inn Breakfast Area Or even the West Chester, Ohio residence inn team would be of great help teaching the staff here how to prepare breakfasts.
To conclude, just a little more attention to the operational details and this could be one of the great Residence Inns, but right now, its a Inn with room for improvement.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. Your comments and concerns are extremely helpful in our continuous effort to improve our hotel and the services we offer. Firstly, thank you so much for your acknowledgement of our Front Desk staff. They work extremely hard to ensure that our guests feel welcome. We are a home away from home for many of our customers and I am so glad that they were able to make a positive impression.

Just as our Front Desk staff strives to give our guests positive experiences, we also maintain a dedicated engineering team that works to keep the hotel in working order everyday. Thank you so much for letting us know about your concerns with the sprinklers and some room items, we will address them with our maintenance staff in order to come up with a permanent and satisfactory solution.

It is not only our goal to create a welcoming environment to guests, but also to ensure that we are always upholding the Marriott Brand Standards – they are the cornerstone of any Marriott Hotel’s success. Our committed breakfast and housekeeping staff work extremely hard to ensure that the product we provide is exceptional and I apologize that your expectations were not met in this area. Our hotel provides a rotational complementary breakfast to our guests every morning. It always has fresh waffles, oatmeal, and fruit as well as yogurt and a variety of cereals. Daily, there are different meat and entrée options that include French toast, scrambled eggs, and sausage, to name a few. The breakfast staff works tirelessly to ensure that the food is prepared efficiently, safely, and deliciously so that our guests can enjoy a nice meal to start their sure to be exciting days. The concerns mentioned in this area will of course be taken under advisement as we reevaluate our offerings to ensure that we are giving our guests the best quality breakfast.

Our property was built in 2002 and was recently renovated in 2011. The renovation gave a new clean look to the hotel and allows our guests to enjoy our public spaces. We make a collective effort to keep guest to guest disturbances at a minimum. I apologize that you were disturbed by other guests during your stay. The management team does not take such instances lightly and worked to resolve the problem and to clean the mess as quickly as possible.

Finally, I want to again thank you for airing your comments and concerns with us. All of your input will be extremely helpful in allowing us to reach and maintain our ultimate goals as an organization. I hope that next time you find yourself in the Indianapolis area, you will stay with us again and allow us to fully demonstrate the true hospitality that we love to provide to all of our guests. If you would like to discuss any of your points further, please feel free to contact me.

Kate Hanecek
Front Desk Manager
Residence Inn by Marriott
Carmel, IN
317-708-5346
Perrysburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Genuinely happy and very nice welcome from front desk! Room feels very homey and I love the colors, room is clean and spacious! We arrived from a long day downtown at the monument, gardens and zoo- looking forward to a relaxing retreat! Convenient location just north of the city, the drive up Meridian is gorgeous!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kate H, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Carmel, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel here on TripAdvisor! I am beyond thrilled that you had a lovely stay with us and enjoyed our little piece of Indianapolis. Our staff strives to not only make guests feel welcome, but also to provide a clean and happy environment for you to relax – especially after all of the fun you surely had downtown. Carmel is only about 20 minutes from the city center and it only takes one road to get there, nothing easier than that! I hope that you will join us again on your next trip to the area. When you do, please be sure to check out the Carmel sites as well, like the Arts and Design District or the Palladium, for even more fun!

Been to Residence Inn Indianapolis Carmel? Share your experiences!