“room is outdated” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 9 hotels in Carmel
Birmingham, Michigan
“room is outdated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

the outside of the hotel looks nice. once you get to your room its very outdated. the bedroom and kitchen needs to be renovated. the bed is very hard and the kitchen is small. the tv has all the channels you need. the staff is very friendly.

Room Tip: stay away from outdoor common area.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Kate H, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Carmel, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
I would first like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am particularly appreciative that you acknowledged the friendly and helpful staff that we have. They are a dedicated team and strive to make each interaction a positive one. I am, however, sorry for any disappointment you may have experienced during your stay. The Residence Inn by Marriott in Carmel is a recent build, having been constructed in 2002. It also underwent a renovation in 2011 to breathe new life into the property, including the public spaces such as the lobby and Gatehouse. These projects are now well maintained by our dedicated engineering staff. We are continually working to improve our service and products and your opinion is very important to us in doing so. As such, I thank you again for your input and I invite you to contact me directly to discuss further details of your stay.

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

We were very pleased with our stay at this property. After some confusion with the type of room we needed for our family, we almost went across to another Marriott property, but the Residence Inn staff insisted that we stay and upgraded us to a 2-bedroom suite with enough room for all of us. The manager also brought us a little bag of goodies, much-appreciated by the children. Beyond this part of it, however, we enjoyed the spacious and clean room, the free breakfast, the pool area, and the ample parking. I'd definitely stay again when in Carmel. Thanks for the great service!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for making the effort to review your stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. Our devoted staff strives to make each stay special and I appreciate your acknowledgement of the product of all their hard work. Social Hour is a complimentary service that we provide Monday-Wednesday, during which guests can mingle with one another as well as management while enjoying a light meal and refreshments. I am so glad that you took the time to engage in this lovely perk of staying at a Residence Inn and that you thoroughly enjoyed it. We would love for you to stay with us again and take full advantage of our social hour the next time you visit our lovely little Carmel!

Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was very impressed with the cleanliness and the amenities of this hotel. The room was very clean and was offered free drinks and food during the managers reception. The location is excellent in Carmel and had no problems whatsoever. I will return again and would recommend to others.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Vero Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Did two nights on business here. Room was fairly clean but the floors and some of he furnature is past due for refurbishment. Staff is also showing wear and only person who showed she liked what she does was Joyce (I believe) in the breakfast area. Had a great smile and attitude. No one else that I came in contact with had that level of guest service.

Room Tip: works well for business in Carmel & N. Indy.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
First of all, I want to sincerely thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of cleanliness in addition to guest service and I apologize for any disappointment you may have felt. I appreciate your commendation of our breakfast staff. It is extremely important to us that you feel welcomed and supported during your stay. If you would like to discuss your stay with me personally, please feel free to contact me at 317-708-5346.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was there for the Carmel Marathon. It is a great hotel, clean and have a very friendly personnel. The breakfast its excellent and the room had a lot to offer. On the other hand, the beds are small. The walls are paper thin, we were able to hear next door toilet when it was flushed and when the next door people took a shower. It was hard to sleep. Other than that great place with excellent service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
I want to first thank you for your review of our property. I am so glad that you had a nice experience with our lovely staff and clean rooms. It is our goal to be the friendliest and cleanest hotel in the area and I am delighted that you enjoyed both during your stay. I do, however, apologize that you were disappointed in the physical structure of the hotel and some amenities. We do our best to minimize discomfort for all of our guests, but difficulty sleeping is far from ideal. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to speak further about your stay with us. Thank you again for your opinion and I hope to see you again next time you visit Carmel.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I recently had a conference in the Carmel area. I booked this hotel last minute not knowing what to expect. This place is great. The young man at the front desk when I checked in was very helpful and friendly. My room was clean and seemed new as were the hallways and lobby. They had breakfast available in the morning also. If I have to be in the Carmel or Indianapolis area again I will be sure to stay here. Someone else mentioned how nice the rooms are and I have to repeat that they are spacious and some have two bedrooms with a fireplace and all. You will be happy with your choice to stay here, if not I would be surprised.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Scottsburg, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was meeting a friend in Indianapolis, (Carmel, IN) for a conference last month. She got us a room at the Residence Inn in Carmel. It was my first stay at a Residence Inn, but will definately NOT be my last. We had a two bedroom suite, complete with two full bathrooms. A fire place, large central area and big screen television. I was very impressed with both the Staff and the over all accomadations. Will definately be staying again when the opportunity presents itself.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Indianapolis Carmel? Share your experiences!