“Another Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Gurnee, Illinois
“Another Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This was our second year staying at this hotel during our annual Memorial Day trip. We had stayed at almost every hotel chain in the Carmel area and last year we found a place that felt like "home". The rooms were clean, the hotel was quiet and our experience was extraordinary once again.
Seth greeted us at the desk again. As before, he was kind, courteous and we felt welcome right away.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jesse S, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - Carmel, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Wej ust love hearing about guest who love their first experience so well that they end up coming back to us. The Staybridge brand motto is "Like Family" and we hear that often that this feels like home, and this is exactly our goal. Thank you so much for the great review and we will see you back next year!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Union, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for soccer tournament- nice outdoor space and good breakfast; rooms comparable to a Residence Inn; I'd stay there again; deceptive how nice it is because it blends in with office buildings surrounding it

• Stayed April 2013
We are very pleased your group had a great time while styaing ast our property. We are similar to a Residence Inn but we have lots to offer. We are also the newest property in Carmel and we are glad you noticed how well we have kept up the property. Thanks for your review.
Berkley, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Let me just start out by saying that I am pretty picky, I don't like cheap things and when staying in a hotel, cleanliness is very important to me. My daughter and I went to IN to visit a friend who had recently moved there and I was unfamiliar with the area. I don't have a problem spending a little more to stay somewhere nice and was considering a hotel for $220 just up the road, I figured it was just one night and vacations are to indulge a little. I decided to stay at Staybridge instead after I saw all of the positive reviews and I am not sorry. The room was clean, the staff was friendly, they provided us with a light dinner including wine (obviously a bonus), there was free wifi (which sadly some high end resorts charge extra for) and the price was great. Breakfast was a little sparse by the time we got up in the morning but overall I would highly recommend it and will be staying there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Jesse S, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - Carmel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you Julia for the wonderful review. Our housekeeping and maintenance staff work so hard to keep the building clean and well maintained. They will be very happy to hear that someone like youself ("very picky") noticed our high standard of cleanliness. We look forward to your return visit to Carmel!!!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

First, the property is okay. It's a typical Staybridge Suite, BUT this management deterred me from ever wanting to stay at any Holiday Inn property ever again (and I have been staying at Hyatt and Marriott properties almost exclusively ever since). My Grandmother lives in the area and at the time wasn't doing very well. I don't do well staying with people, especially old ladies that move my stuff around, so I thought that this would be a good extended property for me to stay at. Wrong. The water is WAY too soft so be prepared to spend forever in the shower trying to get any soap out that you may have used. But I could deal with that as they had free laundry and feel food at night. What I couldn't deal with was that when I checked in, I told them that I may have a friend come over (who happened to be a cop). I had been there a few weeks when I saw an ad for Flirty Girl Fitness. (If you have seen the ads, you will know that it doesn't come across as hookerish or excessively striperish, but as a "fun" way to get into shape.) Anyway, I had asked the guy at the front desk if they ever let someone put a pole up in either the room or the exercise area, which in retrospect was a bad idea, but when you're living out of a hotel, what are you supposed to do if you want to get that type of exercise in? I guess not ask, just bring the pole in. So the next morning, the Assistant Manager woman called me into her "office" which made me feel like I was 5 again and proceeded to tell me that they couldn't have someone like me, who MUST be a hooker because I have had a guy coming to my room and I asked if I could have a stripper pole in my room or exercise area. I was shocked and extremely embarrassed to say the least. I was asked to leave, even though there was no way that they could prove that I was a "hooker." When I called my friend who was the cop absolutely crying my eye out, he offered to go and talk to the managers on my behalf, but there is no way that I would even want to give this property a dollar more than they already took from me.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - Carmel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Lauren B,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am sorry that on this visit the service of the staff was a disappointment and you were inconvenienced by the room accommodations being sub par. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades.

Again, my apologies for the inconvenience.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

My kids and I live here in town, we just needed a quick escape from reality. Last weekend I surprised them with a weekend here at the Staybridge Suites. I was pleasantly surprised at the size of the rooms. The kitchenette was perfect with a nice sized fridge and microwave, as well as dishes and even a wine cork for mama after the kiddos went to bed. The kids had a ball in the pool, even though it was quite small. The other guests were quite rude and disrespectful in the pool area, and the desk staff was quick to correct their behavior, which I greatly appreciated. The breakfast buffet was above average, with several hot items and a wonderful selection of brewed coffees, complete with flavored creams. We stayed in room 206, it was quiet. The kids loved the sofa bed, and said it was quite comfortable. They enjoyed the cable cartoon channels, and the Wifi connection was strong in the room. (Wifi was not available in the pool area) This was a great getaway for us close to home. It was affordable, relaxing, and overall a good value. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: 206 was quiet and close to the pool. Far from the lobby though.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We are so pleased you decided to come to our property for your STAYcation. We appreciate your feedback which I will share with my team. Hopefully you will become a good ambassador for our hotel here in the Indianapolis/Carmel area. Thanks Angie!
Racine, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This was my 1st experience with Staybridge--it was excellent. The staff was super, super friendly. Extremely welcoming. The room was spacious and clean. My daughter and I enjoyed a very quiet night even the hotel itself seemed very active. The breakfast buffet was better than normal but a little too crowded at the time I chose to come down. Overall--I'd definitely stay again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you karin for your review of our hotel. There are a lot of people who are surprised by the Staybridge brand and what we have to offer. Hopefully we have have made you a loyal guest of our hotels. Thanks again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

This Staybridge is beautiful. The facility was very nice. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The kitchen was very nice and we all just loved the two bedroom suite we had. We got in around 9pm and our room was waiting. They were booked full the night of our stay. We had exactly the type of room we had booked. I was afraid when I saw a couple of dogs come out because I have had prior bad experiences. However, I don't know if they keep pets to certain rooms or not but we didn't see a trace of a pet in ours. The morning breakfast was standard fare but was good and they were obviously not expecting such a crowd. They did always stay calm and get anything we needed. A pleasant experience all around. Would definitely return.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the great feedback. Our two bedroom suite is the best in town for the amount of space you get and I am glad you were able to enjoy it. We do try to keep pets to certain rooms however it does not always work out that way. In any case, all pet rooms are deep cleaned and we shamppo the carpets so that there is nothing left behind. Thanks again for taking the time to fill out a review!

Been to Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - Carmel? Share your experiences!