“Excellent Long-Term Stay Indy-area option” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 9 hotels in Carmel
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Long-Term Stay Indy-area option”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Lived here for two full months while transitioning to Carmel (Indy area) from Chicago. The best part of Staybridge is the excellent and friendly staff. The rooms are well designed and make great use of space - not huge, but perfect for one or two people with a perfectly functional little kitchen. The grounds are nice as well, indoor pool, extra storage lockers, business center, good breakfast every day, and happy hour freebies Tues-Thur nights. Location was excellent for Carmel, but you could definitely hit Indy from here as well (20-25 min to downtown). Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Jesse S, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - Carmel, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you Jason for your kind words. At the Staybridge Suites - Indianapolis Carmel we strive for great satisfaction and we were happy to take care of you during your transition to the community.

117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

This property is one of my favorites and we've stayed at some of the best hotels in the world in Europe, Southeast Asia, South America, etc. Obviously it can't be considered a five star but it's a great place to stay.

It's designed as an extended stay hotel but our stays are usually just for a couple of days since we have close relatives in Indianapolis.

The rooms are all suites. All come with kitchens complete with a two burner stove, good sized fridge, microwave, dish-washing machine and all the cups, glasses and plates you would normally need.

Some rooms have one double bed with a big couch (which can be used as a pull-out bed). Others have a king in a separate sleeping room along with the main room with pull-out couch. Each room comes with a decent size flat screen. And in the suites with a separate bedroom, there's an extra flat screen in there.

The rooms are sparkling clean and the staff members couldn't be nicer.

I may have the days wrong on this but on three days each week (I think Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday) guests are welcome to happy hour in the breakfast room from 5 until 7pm or something like that. Each night they have a different food theme. It might be a taco bar or stir fry on offer. Plus they offer two beers on tap and wine, too, and it's all on the house. A very nice touch.

Breakfast comes with the room and they offer such things as scrambled eggs, bacon or perhaps sausage and sometimes, my favorite, biscuits and sausage gravy plus make your own waffles, fruit, etc. They have a little store open 24/7 right off the lobby where you can purchase frozen meals and other items and I think even beer.

Outside the breakfast room is a patio area that's just beautiful. It offers gas grills so people can cook meals out and a nice fireplace.

They have a nice indoor swimming pool and provide internet service for guests in the lobby plus wifi in the rooms. And they have something that our grandkids just love - a home movie theatre complete with huge, cushy reclining seats. Bring your own CD movies and load them for a big screen experience and super sound quality!

The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating here. Most stays the rooms have gone from $106 to $130 depending on the type of accommodation and the day of the week.

I highly recommend this property to you. We have never had a bad experience here!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you newspro for your review of our property and for your loyalty to our hotel. We value all of our guests, including the ones here only for a couple of days. I am happy to hear we have delivered consistent service everytime you have stayed with us and look forward to your next stay!
Willoughby, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We've stayed at this hotel many times & love it! very friendly staff at the front desk (they always remember us); attractive, immaculate, well appointed rooms with plenty of lighting; comfortable beds & pillows, lots of fluffy towels in spotless bathroom; great variety at breakfast buffet, including fresh fruit. in addition to the pool & fitness center, there's an approximately 1/4 mile gravel walking trail along the woods behind the hotel.
This place actually feels homey! I wish there were more companies that treated their customers so well!

Room Tip: Rooms that don't overlook the patio are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you magnoliamws for your feedback about our hotel. I will share this with our team to celebrate the good service they provided to you. It is our goal to provide consitently high levels of service and cleanliness to our guests. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Western Ireland, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

The first night I was awoken to dogs barking in the hallway at 6:30am, I was not happy but I talked to Seth and he was very helpful, he apologised. I decided to check out for a few days and stay with a friend. I requested a different room on a higher floor when I was to return. Apparently all extended stay guests are placed on the ground floor which happens to also be where the guests with animals are placed, unfortunately. When I returned I was upgraded to a two bedroom suite on the 3rd floor, wow what a difference. I am a platinum member and received a free upgrade which was great. Jennifer took good care off us too. Frederick offered us a bottle of wine and some bonus points as an apology for the first night stay. The breakfast was great with lots of options to choose from. The Wednesday and Thursday night reception was great with free food, wine and beer. I would stay there again. Patio is beautiful and a great place to chill.

Room Tip: don't stay on first floor unless you have animals
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear pragmaticgirl, I apologize for the noise issues you experienced. We do try to keep designated areas to avoid this issue becasue we are a pet friendly hotel. I am glad to hear our Front Desk team was able to resolve the issue with you and you were able to enjoy the rest of your stay. I deeply appreciate your feedback to help us correct this issue for all of our guests and I welcome you back to our hotel whenever you may be back in the Indianapolis area.
Richmond, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

It was wonderful. It was clean, friendly, beautiful, and close to the ballparks we were visiting. I plan to stay at Staybridge Suites everytime I am able to. It was great to have a kitchen and cook dinner. It gave us a little more quality time together.

Room Tip: We had 2 queen beds in a bedroom and a sofa sleeper. We could've comfortably had 5-6 in our roo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you Tammy for your review of our hotel. We look forward to having you back at the Staybridge Suites Carmel.
Carmel, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Stayed here for a week recently and I gotta say the service, the room, and the environment is simply second to none. The only complain, if I was being picky, is that I stayed on the first floor and the folks above me had some pretty heavy steps, and if someone is a bit loud in the hallway you can hear it, so sound-proofing is kind of lacking here. But it's really quiet at night and the breakfast buffet is always excellent. Free laundry room and a great exercise facility simply adds bonus points for me. Didn't try out the indoor pool but looks like other guests enjoyed it. I'd totally recommend this place if you're staying in Carmel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Dear Richard. Thank you very much for your feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoyed all of the amenities the hotel has to offer. If you are back in the area, please give us a call to see if we can get you on the top floor next time and thanks again for your kind words regarding our property.
Celina, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Read our full review of this hotel here: http://www.crazyhousereviews.com/2012/07/staybridge-suites-indianapoliscarmel.html

We stayed here over the weekend along with the rest of our son's baseball team. The facilities here are one of a kind. Hands down best hotel we have stayed at overall. It was clean, spacious and super family friendly. We have reviewed many hotels but we will continue to look for Staybridge Suites in the future when we are in need of somewhere to stay because our entire team agreed that this was the best hotel we had ever stayed at. Only problem was that the kitchen staff refused to fill the waffle machine 30 minutes before breakfast was to stop being served because "it was too close to quitting time" even though the entire dining area was filled to the rim with people wanting to eat. Our whole baseball team and all of their families came in around 10 a.m. after an early morning baseball game very hungry and the kids all wanted waffles of course. It would have taken only seconds for them to refill the machine but they absolutely refused. Also, instead of speaking directly to me, they spoke among themselves--in Spanish--which was really frustrating to me. It was something very small that left a big impression. Customer Service must always be number one and the kitchen staff that morning did not have the customer in mind at all. Other than that though, we had a great stay! Everybody and everything else was perfect. I hope they will train their kitchen staff a little better in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear CrazyHouseReviews, I am glad to hear you and your entire baseball team felt this was the best hotel you have ever stayed at. That means a lot to the team here at the Staybridge Suites Carmel. I am sorry about the problem you had at breakfast. We try our best to accommodate all of our guests including large groups like yourself. We will continue to focus on delivering great service and high standards and we appreciate your honest feedback, as it only hleps us to improve for all of our guests.

Been to Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - Carmel? Share your experiences!