“Simply simple” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #50 of 207 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: American, Café, Soups, Family Fare, Sandwiches
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: American Comfort Food with a twist. Locally owned and operated. Free Wi-Fi. Free parking. Outdoor seating. Friendly staff. Eclectic menu. Open 7 days/week.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Simply simple”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Fell upon this place by chance. It is located in a strip mall and really does not stand out. The inside reminded me a little of a European cafe. Service was fine. Food was good, but nothing to write home about. Coffee was overpriced. Restaurant and restrooms were clean. Overall, a good place if you are in the area.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Good but overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The food was good. I got a western omelette with potatoes and an english muffin with a coffee. My boyfriend got the same thing, but with an orange juice. They wouldn't substitute the swiss cheese for feta (the swiss cheese was just a slice melted on top) but the omelette was stuffed full of ham, peppers, and onions. Here is where they get you.. I have no problem paying for good food, but nickle and diming you for salsa ( little salad dressing cup full was $0.65) Coffee ($2.40) and a large orange juice ($4.50) was a little steep. I think next time i will end up at cafe Patachou, it about the same price and the food is a little more unique.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
indianapolis
“Great lunch spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Our first visit--friendly staff, seated quickly, nice menu, good food and fair prices! Will be visiting again.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Brunch the way you want”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

We have been going to A2Z for a few years and we are always impressed. The owner is always there and very personable. He will fix your food however you want it and has accommodated several family members with special dietary needs. We have been there as a couple, our immediate family (with kids) and our extended family (a group of 15+) and it has always been great. The cafe itself is a bit small for our large party, but the staff made it work for us with advanced notice. We feel like family when we visit A2Z.

• Visited March 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis
“Awesome, Healthy Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

Yum Yum Yum!

My husband and I had about two hours to kill before an engagement up on 96th St, so we decided to kill that time by having breakfast here and camping out with some coffee. The only thing that made me sad about my experience here is that I only just now found out about this fantastic place for breakfast. I certainly never would have thought to head up to a strip mall on 96th for the best omelet in town, but I'll be damned if that's not where I found it. I had the Italiano which was stuffed with mushrooms (I think they were marinated in something awesome, but I'm not certain), sun dried tomatoes, and fresh basil that was then topped with melted gouda. The ingredients were clearly quality, as the whole thing was incredibly flavorful. My husband had the vegetarian skillet, which was also really, really good, but I'll leave that for his review. They have Lavazza coffee there, of which I approve, and the orange juice wasn't minute maid - not sure if they make it in house, but it was good quality regardless. Our service was excellent and she did not seem to mind that we camped at her table for two hours (don't worry, we tip extra when we hang out forever!). The décor was lovely and the bathrooms were very clean. I left feeling full, but not heavy like I do at a lot of places after breakfast. I'll likely come back at some point to try their lunch or dinner, but I KNOW we will be back for more awesome breakfast.

Visited July 2011