“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, GA
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

I stay at the Renaissance almost every week for the past several months. The staff has made each one of my visits pleasurable. They have all made me feel welcomed, whether it's Ryan at check-in, Kaylee and Nicky in the club lounge or Mina in the restaurant, I never feel like a visitor. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Taylor F, Operations Manager at Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
TerriberriAtlanta,

Thank you so much for taking the time to craft an excellent 5 star review! Thank you so much for mentioning Ryan, Kaylee, Nikki and Mina! We think they are pretty great, too! I will be sure to pass on your kind words to them! Thank you for choosing to stay with us week after week it truly is a pleasure to have you as one of our most loyal guests!

Taylor Felton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Stayed at The Renaissance Carmel for four days while looking to relocate to Indianapolis. Hotel was beautiful, clean, and the staff was great. Location was close to restaurants and highway. I would highly recommend you stay there.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Taylor F, o at Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Andy S!

Thank you so much for your 5 Star review! We truly appreciate your recommendations! We are so glad that we could assist you during this transition. Welcome to the neighborhood! Should we be able to offer you any additional assistance to help make the relocation easier please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Nappanee, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Our children live in the Indy area and we live in northern Indiana. We have chosen to go to this hotel because of their excellent service. They are top rate from checking in to the hotel all the way to checkout time. They are extremely pleasant and want to meet any needs you may have for your trip. They ask if we needed anything while checking us in and also ask if we would like a bottled water or pop before going to our room. We arrived at our room only to be greeted by two plates of chocolates, berries, and a small bite of cheese cake. What a delightful surprise!
My daughter, whom became sick during our visit, needed cold medicine. The young woman at the front desk made sure we found just what we needed. Our room was very clean after our day's excursions. I must say, I have never experienced such a pleasurable stay at any other hotel. This one tops them all We hope to stay many more times in the future!! It is our "hotel of choice" for the Indianapolis area!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent! We have never stayed in a bad room!!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Taylor F, Operations Manager at Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Sissy4541!

Thank you so very much for your kindness in your review. We love serving you and your family every time you come to town to visit your family. Thank you for mentioning our willingness to serve and that we have been you 'hotel of choice" when in the Indianapolis area!

We look forward to serving you again in the future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Because I work in retail, I know the difference between effective and poor customer service. The Renaissance is a great example of a hotel consistently exceeding a customer's expectations. Every detail is looked over and each stay is an wonderful experience. I wholeheartedly endorse this hotel with a full 5/5, simply because I cannot think of a single negative. And I'm sure, once you stay, you'll agree.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Byoder1987!

Thank you so much for the fantastic five star review! "Quintessence of Great Customer Care" is quite the accolade especially from a customer service professional such as yourself! Thank you so very much for your kind words. We are so excited you chose to stay with us as we know you have many lodging options in the area. We look forward to inviting you and your family back!

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I just stayed here for one night with my boyfriend this past Saturday for my 30th birthday. We live in Indy so this was just a little something fun to do for a night. The lobby is nice and modern, and it looks like they have a nice bar. The room was very nice and updated. The staff went above and beyond and had a plate of chocolate covered strawberries, as well as a bottle of champagne with two glasses, and a birthday card sent to my room. It was a nice surprise to see when we got back to the hotel that night!

We walked by the gym and it looked pretty nice and appeared to be bigger than most hotel gyms. There are two small reasons I could not give this hotel 5 stars. The first was the concierege lounge was closed from Friday night to Sunday afternoon. I know most Marriotts have similar concierege lounge hours, but I would at least like to be able to go in there and get some water if needed. Also, we turned the temperate down as low as we could, and the room was still pretty warm. Like I said, two small things, but those stood out in my mind.

We had a very quiet room at the end of the hall. I believe we were in room 805 which was perfect. Even though I am a local resident, I will definitely stay here again as part of a little stay-cation!

Room Tip: Request a room on a high floor and in the back corner. We had room #805 and we loved it because it w...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Taylor F, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
ACB4,

Thank you so much for your kind 4 star review! Happy 30th Birthday! Thank you so much for allowing Kaylee our concierge to surprise you with an unexpected delight for your birthday. We love surprising people with unexpected treats when we can!

You have my apologies that the lounge is closed on the weekends. The next time you stay with us please do stop by the desk and we'll be sure to get you the water that you need. You have my apologies as well for the temperature of the room. Thank you for reporting this to us as we have since dispatched our maintenance team to ensure that the heating cooling system is in proper working order.

Thank you so much for you loyalty, we love having our local guests as well as our out of town guests. We love sharing favorite local hot spots even with locals-we pride ourselves on trying to find local restaurants and bars that even the locals haven't visited yet.

Thank you again for allowing us to serve you. It means so much to us that you choose to stay with us, especially as a local, we know that you have many lodging options in the area for a stay-cation-thank you for choosing us.

Warm Regards and again Happy 30th!,
Carmel, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the amazing Renaissance for one night as a break from the demands of parenting. The room was clean and comfy. The staff was kind, courteous, and helpful. Our dinner at the Grille 39 was perfect from beginning to end, even the seating! It was a fantastic break that rejuvenated the heart and soul. We are well rested to take on any parenting challenge.

• Stayed February 2014
Taylor F, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Mommajabba,

Your impressive 5 star reviews and kind words equally warm our heart! We are so glad you could take some time for yourselves for a little retreat from parenting. Thank you for your kind words and compliments about your experience in Grille39.

Thank you so much for choosing specifically our property, we know you have many lodging options in the area and are honored you chose us. Thank you!

Carmel, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

My wife and I wanted to stay local for our anniversary and chose the Renaissance Hotel. I can not say enough good things about our stay. Our reception in the beginning was terrific and set the tone for the rest of the weekend. The staff did an outstanding job making us feel not only welcome but more importantly wanted. We dined at their Grille 39 restaurant and had a fantastic and delightful meal. I had the tuna which was perfectly cooked and my wife had the sea bass which was also delicious. The service at Grille 39 matched the impeccable service we received throughout the rest of our stay and we could not have been treated any better. Thanks to Renaissance, this anniversary is one that will not be forgotten anytime soon.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
NDFan100,

Happy Anniversary!

We are so glad you chose to celebrate such a special day at our property! We are so glad you had such an enjoyable experience and that you enjoyed your time in Grille39, as well. The Tuna and Sea bass are some of our staff’s favorites as well as some of the most popular items on the menu. Thank you so much for your kind words. We wish you both many more years full of love and happiness!

Taylor Felton

Been to Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel? Share your experiences!