“Third Trip to Colucci Cabins & Looking Forward to more!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Colucci Log Cabins on the Ohio River

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cannelton
Colucci Log Cabins on the Ohio River
You added Colucci Log Cabins on the Ohio River to your Saves list
17735 Magnet Valley Road, Magnet, Cannelton, IN   |
Bloomingdale, MI
“Third Trip to Colucci Cabins & Looking Forward to more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

Our first stay in Magnet, Indiana was at Colucci Cabins, at the Le Chalet cabin. The second and third trips we have stayed at Heron's Nest... next year we look forward to - well, we look forward to just being at the cabins and it really doesn't matter which cabin! My family travels for hours from Southwest Michigan down to Colucci's, with two or three car loads of folks from babies to baby boomers - and it is always worth it. Beautiful people (Bud and crew) and beautiful views (the Ohio River, Kentucky across the river, Hoosier National Forrest)... absolutely beautiful!!! The cabins are gorgeous, well-stocked and very homey. Peace and quiet, wildlife - and oh my goodness- the sunrises- WOW!!! Absolutely love being there; always wish we could stay longer... always, always look forward to going back to the cabins.

Room Tip: My tip would be - book early and book often!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

The cabin was nice, but unpleasantly overpriced. Oh, and the owner has a rather odd personality problem, something of a cross between a hostility complex and simple greed. The owner, the inaptly named "Bud," kept trying to add new charges, even though I had printed out the emails in which he had given me the price I'd relied on. "Bud" said that the emails didn't matter, even though they were his, since they weren't "in the contract." Huh? Then he threatened to call the police on me because I disagreed with his creative accounting methods. Then he told me that if I didn't pay I'd have to leave in 5 minutes. After a truly ugly scene I finally got him to only overcharge me for $12.50.

After reading the other reviews, it seems that "Bud's" regular and customary business practices include this sort of rampant overcharging, bullying behavior, and weird hostility. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else. Really. There are plenty of places around there, and you'd have way more of a pleasant stay at a Motel 6 with a normal owner than in Bud's li'l house of horrors.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. That is your best bet to get a good room.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

Our reservation was at the Yin Yang cabin, and my husband & I spent three nights there in mid-July. We were very happy with our stay. This particular cabin was right on the Ohio River, and set back into some trees, which made it seem very private. We wanted to check out this property because we were looking for someplace quiet to unwind and relax. This was a great choice for us to do so. We spent alot of time on the covered wrap-around porch area, facing the river and enjoying the atmosphere. The kitchen was perfect; my husband is a great cook, and we kicked back with steaks and wine. When you're inside, there are so many windows that it always stays bright and cheery. Didn't need to close the blinds for privacy as it felt secluded enough to leave them open. The bedroom in the loft area allowed the sunrise to come in, and I took some beautiful pictures of the sunrise reflected in the river in the early morning. Both bathrooms were stocked with plenty of towels, and the cabin had lots of other amenities on hand, as well. Bud is the epitome of customer service; he takes pride in his properties and it was a pleasure meeting him. We're very happy we made the trip to Colucci Cabins, and we're happy to recommend this property.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011 via mobile

Wonderful to get away from the city and to get to experience nature at it's finest! We go back every year!!!

• Stayed December 2010
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011 via mobile

A group of friends and I had a wonderful weekend there last winter!

• Stayed December 2010
Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

Nine of us girls loaded up for the 2nd year and headed to Colucci River Cabins. This year we stayed at their newest cabin Castle Colucci. Wow. It is beautiful. We really enjoyed the openness of the kitchen and the game room downstairs. The "Castle" also has 2 flat screen tv's. The hot tub was absolutely perfect overlooking the river at night. The staff is very friendly and accomodating and we look forward to returning. A place where they truly treat you like family. Thanks Bud & Sally!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Carmel, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

My friends and I stayed at the Yin Yang for three nights. The cabin was perfect, the view was perfect, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed both Macy's and Betty Rays. It's a great place to unwind and I will go back. Thanks Bub for a great get-a-way!!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Colucci Log Cabins on the Ohio River? Share your experiences!