“A real gem” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Largs Bay
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“A real gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Business takes me around Australia and I visit many venues in capital cities and in the regions. My stay at the Largs Pier Hotel last week was one of my most pleasurable experiences. A tastefully restored and well appointed Heritiage Room led onto a 1st floor balcony offering old-style ambience and wonderful sunset views over the beach and pier. Perfect for unwinding. From the moment we met Vicki at Reception, the warmth of the hotel was evident. My 3 day training event with 18 participants in the Directors Room ran flawlessly with every need handled by Zoraya and her team. Food and beverage service was also of a high standard. The bar staff seemed to enjoy their work and knew what they were doing. Nothing seemed to be a problem for them - even my last minute special requests. A James Squire & Tim Knappstein Wines Degustation Dinner was another bonus. The food prepared by chef Troy (late of the "Star of Greece" at Port Willunga) was outstanding, as were the selected wines (Knappsteins 2011 Hand Picked Reisling being an example). Thanks to the management and staff at the Largs Pier Hotel for making my stay such a happy memory.

Room Tip: Heritage Rooms with shared balcony offer memorable sunset veiws.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Adelaide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Beautiful old style rooms with majestic balconies - a hotel full of soul and history. I have lived here all my life and never been to Largs before - the beach is wide and secluded - lovely community feel with dogs and owners chatting. The jetty was a great place to sit and watch the sun go down - but sitting on the balcony with a wine - fantastic. Staff were the most gracious and accommodating ever encountered - a real treat for our conference!
Margot

Room Tip: Choose the old heritage building - beautiful!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Harden-Murrumburrah, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

I have travelled, stayed and worked in hotels most days of most weeks in many countries, every year for the past 25 years. The staff at Largs Pier outshine staff at all places I have ever stayed! They are superb. Nothing was too much trouble. They are responsive, helpful, courteous , friendly - all the qualities that equate with EXCELLENT service. But that's not all. Great historic hotel restored to close to original character, beautiful seaside setting and delicious food. Why would you stay anywhere else?

Stayed July 2012
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Today my father in law and i dropped off for lunch at the largs pier hotel.
I was so impressed I came straight home and submitted this review.
James Reid is the new owner and if his servie is this excellent to all his customers then i recommend you go there.
James was extremely friendly, helpful and during our time there clearly committed to ensuring EVERYONE was happy with their service.
To top off this initial outstanding customer service.....while we were in the middle of lunch James said to me.."You are drinking savignon Blanc today is that right?" I said yes you have a good memory....someone had inadvertantly poured a sav blanc out for a customer by mistake so James said would you like drink on the house......instead of pouring it out.......certainly will make me want to come back again and share the story with all my friends.....well done James.....keep up the good work......pam thomas....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I stayed 80+ nights in hotels globally, and we stopped at this hotel for a night given the good feedbacks I read here. We got a Deluxe Spa room for AUD215.

We arrived quite late, and had to check-in at the "gaming area" which is a mini casino, that drags all sorts of creatures especially given the time it was. Not the best first interaction with this hotel. Not mentioning the lack of customer service when enquiring by email about checking in time.

The room was as described although it was really cold inside, and with the air conditioning unit not warming up the room. It's less than 10 degrees (C) outside at this time of the year.

The view from the room was nice and so was the balcony. Nothing to say there. There was leftover rubbish in our room presumably from the previous customer.

I have not tried to breakfast at this location.

Checkout time at 10AM? Really?

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Largs Pier Hotel - Motel, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. The Largs Pier Hotel is a boutique hotel consisting of 34 guest rooms and 3 self contained apartments. Reception hours are 6.30am to 7pm Monday to Saturday and 6.30am to 3pm Sundays. Check in after hours is available via our gaming room staff. These arrangements, detailed on our website booking button area, are currently under review with alternatives being investigated.

The Largs Pier Hotel, which won the AHA Best Gaming Room Award in 2008, has 32 poker machines and is patronized by local people who live in the Port Adelaide / Enfield council areas where enterprises such as the Australian Sub Marine Corp and the South Australian Police Academy are located.

In line with societal expectation the Largs Pier Hotel endeavors to be an environmentally friendly hotel with individual air conditioning units in each guest room. These units are efficient and heat or cool the room within a short space of time. The units are not left running in rooms unattended.

The Largs Pier Hotel won the AHA national award for best mid range accommodation in 2010. We pride ourselves on the quality and cleanliness of each and every guest room. Any deficits are handled promptly when drawn to the attention of our staff.

The Largs Pier Hotel has recently changed the check out time to 11am to ensure all guests have the opportunity to maximize the time they have to enjoy the ambiance of this iconic hotel.

Hotel Management
sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Our rooms were very comfortable, restaurant fantastic and staff very friendly and helpful, to say nothing of the hotel itself, which has been restored beautifully. A real pleasure to stay there.

Room Tip: If you don't like steps, ask for a room in the new motel area. You can park out the back and wal...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Spent my birthday here in February and I am so glad that I chose it! The staff were wonderful and the room was spacious, comfortable and very classy. My only grumble was that my room was on the top floor and with no elevators because of the Heritage Listing and my legs were very sore by the end of the three trips that it took to get my stuff from my car to my room. Had a fantastic view of Adelaide and the Mt Lofty Ranges in the distance and took the liberty of having breakfast brought up to my room, which not only was quite well priced (for room service) but turned out to be a delicious meal. I hope to stay there again as I really did enjoy myself, although perhaps next time I might ask if any rooms viewing the beach are available...

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Been to Largs Pier Hotel - Motel? Share your experiences!