“Absolutely Best Birthday Ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Largs Pier Hotel - Motel
198 Esplanade, Largs Bay, South Australia 5016, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Largs Bay
Adelaide, Australia
“Absolutely Best Birthday Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Spent my birthday here in February and I am so glad that I chose it! The staff were wonderful and the room was spacious, comfortable and very classy. My only grumble was that my room was on the top floor and with no elevators because of the Heritage Listing and my legs were very sore by the end of the three trips that it took to get my stuff from my car to my room. Had a fantastic view of Adelaide and the Mt Lofty Ranges in the distance and took the liberty of having breakfast brought up to my room, which not only was quite well priced (for room service) but turned out to be a delicious meal. I hope to stay there again as I really did enjoy myself, although perhaps next time I might ask if any rooms viewing the beach are available...

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Adelaide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

We have stayed and dined at this hotel on several occasions - all of which have been excellent. We got married at this hotel in February 2009 and everything was fantastic. We returned to stay overnight for our first anniversary. We stayed on the top floor in a corner room and invited friends to join us for drinks and sumptous tasting platters on the balcony. The sunset made for a perfect backdrop to our little soiree.
Recently we returned to have a lovely lunch on the front deck.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

We stayed in a corner Queen room to attend a friends wedding nearby. As others have said, the room is modern and spacious with a big comfortable bed, small but new bathroom, flat screen tv and basic amenities (hairdryer, shampoo etc). I prefer a private balcony but the share balcony is fine - I didn't see anyone else out there (and the view from the top floor is lovely!). There is a complimentary bottle of water but no minibar so if you need provisions you can visit the bottle shop right next door or room service is available during meal times. There is also a kiosk opposite for coffee and snacks open from 10am. Being on the top floor meant we didn't hear any noise from the bar or from other guests at all, but you can hear some traffic noise so if this bothers you, a corner Queen room might not be the best choice. A tip re the shower - when we first used it, the water ran cold, but after turning it off and then on again, it worked a treat!

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor for a quieter room and great view but if you have lots of bags, bear in mind...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Whyalla, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

Hotel is located in the western suburbs of Adelaide and approx 30 mintues from the Adelaide CBD. It's a lovely old hotel on the beach front that has been tastefully updated with bars, a restuarant, pokies area and function rooms. My room was located in the newer motel section and was big enough to fit a queen bed, lounge, desk and wardrobe. Room and ensuite were fitted out with modern furniture and fixtures along with a bar fridge and nice big flat screen t.v. mounted on the wall. As previously mentioned, hotel has a restuarant that serves great food at reasonable prices so you don't have to go elsewhere to dine (food also available via room service). Staff are very helpful and friendly.
The only issue I found was that the walls aren't that sound proof. I could hear the woman in the room next door coughing and using her hair dryer even when I was up moving around in my own room with the television going. The 'fire door' was also quite an annoyance (door that blocks the motel rooms from the rest of the hotel). Everytime someone opened and let it close shut during the night it made quite a noise which proved for a much distrupted sleep.
Regardless of this issue, I would still recommend it and would definantely stay here again (would ask for a room at the other end of the corridor with no neighbours if possible!) It's a nice place and great value for money.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
, Manager at Largs Pier Hotel - Motel, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
Hello Mouseyfred,

Thank you for your feedback. This refers to a soundproofing issue between motel rooms which arose due to the style of interconnecting doors fitted between some rooms. In March 2012 this issue was completely rectified by the installation of two solid doors separated by an air lock. The ‘fire door’ has been programmed to shut automatically in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety standards. Guests no longer open and close the door during the evening.

Regards,

Hotel Management
Adelaide
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

Stayed here back in March 2009 for 2 nights
Honestly dont have one complaint
As it was a busy time in Adelaide, the only room left was a hotel room on ground floor facing the ocean.
Pleasantly surprised when arrived, for the price the room was fantastic! Very clean, comfortable, cosy and a gorgeous view of the ocean.
For one of their 'basic' rooms, it was honestly perfect. We have stayed in numerous hotels in Adelaide and interstate and this was a better room than some we have paid $250+ per night!
Both nights we ate in the restaurant - delicious! Had a few cocktails - their signature is a SINGAPORE SLING which was awesome
Attended a function on the second day, a cocktail party in the afternoon and the service and the food was of very high standard
Every staff member was very friendly and smiling
Looking fwd to staying here again in the summer !!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Melbourne Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

A delightful Victorian era beachside hotel tastefully refurbished and refitted.
I have stayed here twice on business now and had two different experiences.
The first occasion I was in the middle of winter when I stayed for two days.
I was put in a second floor room at the back of the hotel and when I arrived found that the heating was not on.
This was unfortunate because with high Victorian era ceilings, it took until the second night for the room to actually fully warm up.
Additionally, and as the restaurant was closed and I wanted to order food, it took ages for the reception staff to get an outside line working on the rooms phone.
The second occasion was in the spring and I was placed in a much better room on the front corner of the hotel that recieved the afternoon sun and overlooked the beach.
The room was warm when I arrived, and the phone worked.
Room rates are exceedingly reasonable for their size, very clean, and very well appointed (although the en suites are very small) and staff are happy and (mostly) helpful.
I feel it would be a marvellous place to stay in summer.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Southampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

I felt i must add our comments to this fantastic motel. We have stayed here twice and are planning our next visit to OZ that will again include this motel. The location of Largs & relaxed helpful attitude of the staff made our 3 day stop over great. Our disabled daughter was well catered for and every attempt to make her life as comfortable & easy as possible was made.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled with family

Been to Largs Pier Hotel - Motel? Share your experiences!