“DISGUSTING!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Brownsburg
Missouri
“DISGUSTING!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

The location is great (right off of I-74 in an area near retail establishments and restaurants), and the front desk was very friendly. Unfortunately, those are the only positive things I can say about this establishment. This was one of the dirtiest and outdated rooms I've ever seen. The carpet was filthy, the mattress stained (although not overly uncomfortable), the shower dirty, and the heater/AC very loud. The towels were so nasty that it was very difficult to find an area free of dried-up boogers and blood to wipe off your face. There was a nasty spider behind the bed, and the TV only had about 15 channels. If you're too poor to afford one of the other hotels in the immediate area, then this one will do. Otherwise, avoid it!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
St Joseph Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

Scenario: Road trip, time to pull off, thought it was 11:30 pm, crossed time zone so it is actually 12:30pm.

Check in: nothing bad, probably woke the guy up, understandable, He didn't offer me the free wifi, didn't find out I had to get it at the office til we went through the literature and I wasn't going to bother him again, sure could have used it.

Room: Sheets looked clean, found a nearly full case of beer with empties in a drawer, that gets your attention. Lights between the beds didn't have a switch, so they were useless. Pulled the mattress away from the wall to see if they were plugged in, no cover on the plug in, with a mattress pushed up against it, fire code violation in every jurisdiction I know of. Phone wires hanging out of the wall gave it a trashy look. Shower pressure was ok, just didn't drain, at least I got to soak my feet while showering.

Went down to the office a little after 6, breakfast is advertised 6-9am, doors locked, looked the same as 12:30 am. So loaded up to get back on the road, Check out, coffee was made, a few mini muffins spread out on a tray, bagels. I tried a bagel, dry and old, not enough cream cheese for that one, tossed it.

Told the man about the beer in the drawer, excuse was Super Bowl, housekeeping must have missed it.

Super Bowl was a week ago bud.

I'd love to give this place a break, BUT, it aint happening

Reccomendation: GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Moline
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

The staff was ok--the room seemed ok, but when we went to go to bed and I turned down the sheets-there were several black hairs all over ---I got the feeling someone else had slept there and the sheets were not cleaned or changed. Since it was late we slept on top of the sheets with our clothes on and used the towels for covers. The mattress cover also was stained and saw some large ants in the bathroom. Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep--just too uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Beavercreek, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed here to attend NHRA US Nationals on Labor Day weekend. Good rate, close to the track, but no frills here. Fairly clean, rooms have been kept up. Carpet and tile was newer. A/C sounded like a Harley, but blocked out highway noise. This hotel is a little hard to find behind a newer Wal-mart Super Center, but has plenty of extra parking. Breakfast is very small and wasn't the typical Super 8 breakfast. Others have had more choices and "make your own waffles." If your looking for a clean place to rest your head and convenient to NHRA's Lucas Oil Raceway for a decent rate, you've found the place.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Buffalo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Had booked before reading these reviews and was hoping for the best. The first room assigned did not have a security latch and my wife refused to stay in it. Second room had a latch, but also a deattached carpet border, bent lamp plugs from being crushed by the mattress, 2 non-working lamp blubs and plaster dangling from the ceiling over the bathtub. We did not know the area and were hardly in the room so we tolerated the stay. As a frequent traveller we can tell when a place is being 'milked'. This was one of those places we would never stay again or recommend. I can't believe the Super 8 franchise doesn't do surpise visits on these to confirm. It makes them all look bad!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I spent one night in this motel. Here is what I found when I got ready to get into bed. Hairs on the sheets and blood stains under the pillows. There were ants crawling on the floor and the dead bolt lock on the door was next to non-functioning. I have called Super 8 customer service on 2 occasions to voice a complaint. The customer service said she had a note that I had received a 10% refund. I had paid cash for the room I, up to now, have received nothing! I called a second time to complain and have yet to hear back on the second complaint! This motel should be closed by the board of Health!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Newton, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

My husband and I stayed here recently on our way back to Iowa from Tennessee, mainly due to 1)The discounted rates he received through his place of employment and 2)I am a recent former Super 8 assistant manager. The billboard outside clearly stated "ALL NEW ROOMS" - if those were new rooms, I'd like to know in which century! Upon check-in, the front desk clerk at first wouldn't get off her butt, opting to sit in her comfy black chair. When I tried to present my Wnydham Rewards card, she flat out refused to even look at it, stating that since the reservation was in my husband's name, my card was useless. As previously stated, I am a former Super 8 Assistant manager...this desk clerk was dead wrong and very, very rude.
As we entered our room, on the first floor, one could clearly see that those rooms were NOT new! Good gravy, the air conditioner had NO cover on the front, was approx. 3" stuck out from the wall, the walls were horribly painted and the carpet was from yesterday's era. As for cleanliness...there is NO WAY that this particular Super 8 could EVER qualify as a "Pride of Super 8" property. And...we asked for a smoking room...alas, there were NO ashtrays and when I called up to the desk clerk, her comment was "Oh, the housekeepers must have forgot" - she never offered any ashtrays for my use...nothing...so I used a papercup with water in it instead.
As for cleanliness...the housekeepers seriously need to do "high dusting" and "high cleaning" as there were empty shampoo bottles on the shower ledge, dirt on the top of the sink backsplash, there was dust in ALL corners of the room and edge vacuuming hadn't been done for ATLEAST 4-6 months.
My advice...billboards and advertising signs are deceiving. Enter at your own risk. Oh, but the BEST part of this motel is...there is a Walmart Supercenter literally right next door, within a very short walking distance!!!

Room Tip: Ask to inspect the room prior to check in
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Brownsburg/Indianapolis Area? Share your experiences!