“perfect hotel for perfect stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Coral Hotel Athens

You added Coral Hotel Athens to your Saves list
Coral Hotel Athens
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   35 Possidonos Avenue, Paleo Faliro, Athens 17561, Greece   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Paleo Faliro
Certificate of Excellence 2014
crete
“perfect hotel for perfect stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

We had travelled to Athens for my daughters wedding and reserved quite a few rooms to cater for the guests including us.We arrived early and the management were very good allowing us to go to our rooms straight away so we could get ready for the wedding.Rooms were of moderate size and clean.They went out of their way to help us.The location is really good right by the sea and even though its on a busy road,the noise of the traffic didn't really bother us.Connection into the centre is easy with taxis just 20 metres away or exactly on the opposite side of the road there's the local tram which is a cheap way of getting a view of local Athens which takes you right to Syntagma.We had the reception on the first floor in an area over looking the sea ,we danced, ate good quality food while watching the sun set over the ocean-perfect.The breakfast was fine and also served till 10.30am.The pool was only small but with the sea a stone's throw away its not a problem.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are well worth paying extra for.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Coral-Hotel-Athens, Director of Sales at Coral Hotel Athens, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for letting us know about your weaknesses. We are trying to improve ourselves , day by day. Our hotel plans to renovate all the bathrooms and the rooms , generally. We are looking forward to welcoming you in the nearest future.
Kindly regards ,
CORAL HOTEL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Zaragoza, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

A nicely located hotel in Athens, if you like the view of the ocean in morning (& night) then pick this hotel. Other than the location everything else is just your run in the mill hotel. The pool is more of a fountain size location and gym is nothing special. Not so many other perks about the hotel other than the location near the sea/beach. Little out of the way if you wish the see the center of Athens.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for letting us know about you weaknesses. We are trying to improve ourselves , day by day. Our hotel plans to renovate our bathrooms and the rooms , generally. We are looking forward to welcoming you in the nearest future.
Udaipur, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

In one sentence, if you stay in Coral Hotel, do not tsetse for any room other than the sea facing rooms with balcony. They are superb. The hotel is on the Possideon Av. and the beach and sea is just across the street. You can enjoy the sunset from the balcony with the Bluest of the Blues sea in front of you.
Breakfast is good, WiFi is FREE all around the Hotel and in Rooms too.
Staffs are polite and helpful. You can book the famous Athens One Day Cruise from the reception, they will arrange everything, but remember for the Cruise Ticket they only accept cash payment.
Overall a very nice hotel and highly recommended provided you choose the sea facing rooms.

Room Tip: Always choose the Sea Facing Rooms with Balcony, otherwise there is no point in staying in this hote...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Javea, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Coral but we felt the hotel was a bit 'tired' and it could do with some modernisation. The bathroom was quite small. We paid extra for a sea view which was beautiful but the road below is very busy and noisy. There is triple glazing which deadens the noise. However in the summer you might want to leave the balcony door open! The breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice. The staff were friendly and helpful. The tram stop is just across the road with easy access to central Athens.

Room Tip: Seaview is beautiful but its noisy, better to book a room on the side if you want fresh air and quie...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bloomington, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Greece has been on my bucket list and I was dating someone originally from there and I got to go with when he went back to visit family and friends. I was so excited! I stayed at the Coral Hotel as it was only about 5 or 10 minutes from his family's house. The beach was right across the street and the tram ran along the street in front of the Coral Hotel too. It was just a few minutes walk to get on the tram. I was there the end of August for 6 nights and then we went to Santorini for three nights and then I stayed again at the Coral Hotel for one night before we departed to fly back to the states. The hotel wasn't in downtown Athens but I still really liked the location with the beach and tram so I could get around when I wasn't with my boyfriend. It took about 35 minutes to ride the tram to Syntagma Square, which is where that line of the tram ended (it makes many stops). Then you could walk to the Acropolis area or go get on the underground tram and it was one stop to the Acropolis area. I took the underground tram as I was by myself for the first time. Later in the week, I did take the tram to Syntagma and then walk to Monastiraki Square which was about 6 blocks or so and there's a lot to see there and its fairly close to the Acropolis. During my first 6 nights I had a single room on the 4th floor and on my last night I was on the 2nd floor. Both rooms were just fine. I got a really good price when I booked with my airline ticket and the hotel was fairly low I thought. I had a partial view of the sea from my room if I looked out the window to the balcony or was on the balcony. The rooms have some older decor but it was still nice and well kept. The air conditioner was a little confusing but it worked and wasn't too loud. I actually like a little noise from it to help me sleep and block out other noises. Was nice to have the mini fridge so I could keep a few snacks and beverages cold. The internet in the room worked great (which is free)! Most of the tv stations were in Greek so only 1 or 2 channels I could watch at times in English. Breakfast was really good (and free)...and several days I went down there just like 10 minutes before the breakfast stopped at 11am and they still had most food options. I would usually eat a big breakfast and not eat much for lunch. They had cereal, pastries, fruit, warm breakfast items which changed each day and several other things. The view from the top floor was amazing!! Except its really hot up there during the day. I never used the jacuzzi...it was way too hot up there at the end of August for that. I did look at the gym and if I wanted to use that, it would not have worked. Way too hot as it was next to the jacuzzi room area and they didn't have the best equipment. The service at the front desk was good the times I dealt with them. My boyfriend talked to them in Greek quite a bit for me when we had questions to ask. I felt very safe in the area during the day and at night, so that was really nice. Several days I walked down the street right by the corner of the Coral hotel, going away from the sea, and felt safe there too. I walked down there to get something to eat, a pop or coffee. The boardwalk along the beach/sea was very nice too. The tram is cheap and you can take it to several areas. I didn't notice the noise that much either that other people mentioned in their comments but I did not have a sea front view either. The bathroom is very small and I bumped my elbow several times on the door and door knob. The water pressure in the shower was great and hot water. There is hardly any vanity room in the bathroom for your bathroom items but I noticed this at the other hotels we stayed at in Greece too. The lack of space around the sink made it hard for me to get ready. There was a safe in the room where you would put in your own code (although its been a few months and I can't remember if my laptop fit...I don't think it did). The bed was pretty firm so I didn't sleep the best. I did have an issue with the toilet one day and I told the front desk when I left for the day and he left to go take a look at it right away and it was fixed when I got back. I thought about staying in Glyfada the last night for something different but it was more expensive and I liked what I had at the Coral Hotel the first 6 nights as I booked my last night stay just a few nights before staying there as we didn't know our plans for sure. Would surely recommend this hotel to others if you are okay with not staying in the downtown area of Athens.

Room Tip: I didn't have a room facing the sea but still had a partial view of the sea/beach and did not he...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Coral hotel offers really good service, free wifi, good beds in big rooms, excellent view and OK breakfast. The tram is leaving frequently to the centre from outside of the hotel. The only drawback of this hotel is the noise from the road outside.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

The Coral Hotel remains our preferred choice when visiting Athens. Good management has maintained the condition of the hotel and its rooms throughout difficult economic times. The hotel is clean, well supplied and offers a number of services. Breakfast includes, for example, juice, fruit, yogurt, cold cuts, eggs, bacon, and fresh baked goods. Espresso is extra. The restaurant has a number of tasty options throughout the day. The strength of the in-room Internet signal depends upon where one sits in the room;) Upper rooms in the back of the hotel are quieter. Front rooms offer a spectacular view but are tolerable only with the windows closed. Desk staff members are very kind and thoughtful in assuring the comfort of guests. Location, location, location—is within the Faliro shopping district, is across from Flisbos park and port, is next to the tram and the taxi stand. An ideal choice: simple without pretense.

Room Tip: Upper back rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to Coral Hotel Athens? Share your experiences!