“Excellent budget city hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Platon Hotel
3 Platonos, Moschato, Athens 18344, Greece   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Moschato
London, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent budget city hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Me and my team stayed for the first time in this hotel. We went to Athens for construction business. The hotel is very clean and the staff is very polite. The also gave us a bottle of wine as a gift. See you again in December hotel Platon!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

9 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
  • Greek first
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

Whereas it is true (stated in another review) that back-view rooms' balconies are frequently visited by pigeons with an ugly view, one shouldn't forget that this is a very low-priced hotel, which really surprised me in a positive way.
Friendly front desk, clean, unbeatable price, cheap room service and -most importantly- located in a quiet residential area (not far away from Piraeus) - unlike the majority of budget hotels in dodgy down-town Athens.
All in all, a really good deal for that price - I would definitely sleep there again. But I would make sure to get a front-view room.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Blegrade
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2009

We had an awful experience with this hotel... If you get room witch is not on the street you will certainly get one with view on another building, without sun and very close to another rooms (so you can see what is going on there) and with many pigeons... I'm very sorry because I forgot to take a picture to show you this.
Two nights, how much we succeeded to stay in this hotel, we could hear some man who had very noisy problem with lungs and nose (some kind of very bad pneumonia I suppose) and was using public bathroom on our (2nd) floor all night and in the morning (I can't say what was going on during the day, because we were out). But it was disgusting to hear all that coughing out.
Room was very dirty and in bed we could found many hairs of different length , witch didn't belong to us... Same thing with floor, many hairs and dust...
Also, man who was working in the evening (with moustache) was very nervous and unpleasant, and had very inappropriate reactions.
Only good thing was breakfast...
We decided to check out and we went to hotel beside (GLS boutique) for 5 euros more and we were saved.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Moschato hotels

milan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2009

I was looking for a nice clean budget hotel with ensuite rooms and good public transport connections. At the Platon hotel that is exactly what I found, in fact it was little better than expected. Maybe if I had seen the previous review I would have hesitated, even though it is a little old. However, I booked on Booking.com and based my choice on the reviews there, (you can only leave a review if you have actually stayed there).
The room was very clean and the sheets and towels were changed regularly. We chose to book without breakfast so I can't know what that was like. Room service prices for drinks were very reasonable. Staff were very helpfull and they even gave us a bottle of wine as a gift on New Year's Eve, (they did to all the guests). Great location by the sea but was well connected to the centre by 3 kinds of public transport that had stops just outside the hotel, (bus, trolley bus and tram) and the metro system was just two stops away. In fact, we were able to arrive at the hotel using the airport bus (got off at the metro station and then got the 40 bus direction Athens for three stops).
To get around Athens we used the weekly ticket which costs only 10 euro and gives unlimited travel on all normal public transport for 7 days. Speaking of public transport, we even got the public transport sightseeing bus, (N° 400). It cost only 5 euro and did the same route as the private sightseeing bus which cost 18 euro. The public bus ticket was valid for 24 hours, hop on, hop off, too and what's more, was valid on the other public transport during those 24 hours.

• Liked — Cleanliness-Location-Price-Public Transport connections
  • Disliked — Obviously the hotel was not perfect but there is nothing negative that is worth mentioning.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thessaloniki
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2006

This is the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. I've stayed there 3 times in total, because it is close to a big congress center which organises fairs (EKEP). The staff are too unfriendly and rude. Everybody smokes everywhere in the hotel and it smells terrible. The first time I stayed there they damaged my suitcase and stole my money. The last time they lost my identity card in the reception and they said that I was responsible for it, not them. The rooms are pretty small in size and the breakfast is ok, but there is no place for no-smokers in the breakfast room and we were obliged to smell smoke while having breakfast.

• Liked — Close to the congress center
  • Disliked — Rude staff
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Platon Hotel? Share your experiences!