“Very nice people and plant facility” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Scottish Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bremen
Scottish Bed & Breakfast
You added Scottish Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
2180 Miami Trail, Bremen, IN 46506   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Bremen B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Naperville, IL
“Very nice people and plant facility”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

Even though I am 67 and I did not rob the cradle, this was the first B&B stay of my wife and I. We took advantage of a Living Social deal, and, it turns out so did the other 2 pairs and one threesome staying at the same time. I believe we all had a marvelous experience. Our hosts, Brenda and Homer were gracious and helpful. They had prepared bags for each "couple" with local things to do and a CD of the history of the area. They made recommendations and accomodations. They even feed us a soup and sandwich with dessert dinner on the day of arrival. (This was a 2 night package.) Breakfast was nice and sufficient, but portions were controlled by plate delivery. We didn't need to pork up anyway.

The place was built in 1999 so everything still looks about brand new. The queen sized bed was a sleep number bed with indivdual control for the 2 halves. Our room has a whirlpool as well as a shower and the bathroom floor had radient heat.. Wi-Fi in the room as wll as a 32 inch LCD TV. Included the DVD player and free use DVD's from the library. Indoor pool and lounging area. All in all, a really nice place, but.....

The highlight had to be the dinner with a local Amish family (part of our package). They answer all your questions about the Amish culture and way of life. a terrific Amsih family with a fancinating story. After this, it really didn;'t matter what the B&B was like. The dinner made the entire trip worhwhile.

We also stopped by an Amish grocery store, as well as a fabric shop and variety store. The fabric store has no artificial lighting because "the generator" was out (as Amish, they are not connected to the grid) and an Amish variety store -generator was running, but in order to process the credit card over the phone lines, they needed to go out back to the telephone shed and tell he other employee to get off their only line. So, all in all, a pleasant, interesting, and somewhat different experience.

If you are thinking of just getting away for a few days, this is a worthwhile place.

Room Tip: Didn't have a fitness center, but did have an indoor pool that no one used.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

The Scottish B&B is a very nice, relaxing place to stay if you are visiting the Amish area around Indiana. The owners, Homer and Brenda, are very nice and provide great accommodations for their guests. We enjoyed ourselves!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

This was our first trip to Amish Country. I have to say we really enjoyed our stay at the Scottish Bed and Breakfast. The Antique room was comfortable, warm, with its own fireplace and, very clean. Brenda the inn keeper was a wonderful source of knowledge about the area. Brenda also arranged for us to meet an Amish family in their home for dinner. That was an experience I will carry with me as I now see the Amish in a completely different way. Our soup and sandwich dinner the first night was awesome! Just the right touch after a long day on the road. Breakfast the next morning was divine! And out breakfast on check out day was really better than expected for a check out day. Some areas that we recommend that you see is the Rentown Grocery store. Great Amish food for a lot less. The Dutch Village on Tomahawk and the Old Bag Factory in Goshen.

Room Tip: The Antique rooms and the Loft rooms have a flight of stairs so if you don't like the steps go f...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

Scottish B&B was a great and cozy stay last weekend! My Mom who had flat out refused to stay in a B&B in the past thoroughly enjoyed her first stay at one! It was a fun and memorable weekend in the Amish country! Brenda and Homer were most kind and accommodating (always willing to answer any and all questions) while making you feel right at home. The food was outstanding and had nice presentation too! I highly recommend Rentown store and Old Bag Factory in Goshen. Great getaway!! I plan on returning sometime in the future :) PS Be sure to have a massage by Fran while you are staying at the B&B!

Room Tip: I highly recommend "The Loft Suite"!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Bloomington, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

There were several things that caused me to feel a little stressed during my stay. The innkeeper seemed either really uptight about things or friendly depending on the conversation. She was really nice when discussing the area and things to do, but the rules of the inn were a little overwhelming. When I left my room, I was worried that I was going to break a rule from the paragraph of rules in the contract I signed when I checked in. I have stayed at some very nice bed and breakfasts in Indiana, as well as Seattle and Boston, and have not ever had to sign a contract with this number of restrictions upon checking in. Usually, they just want the payment for the room and are done. I think one of the strangest things that I encountered was that she asked me to add a tip to the dinner they served and told me how much to tip her. I've never been asked to add a tip by the person serving the food and how much. I also thought it odd that you could have nothing but water in your room to drink and no food. I know if you spill some food in the room that it would be an expense to the inn to clean it up, but you would think it would be built into the price of the room so that your guests would feel comfortable. Finally, she kind of trash talked another inn in the area. What she told me about the other inn was pretty gross, but I didn't think it was good form to gossip about another area business to someone she just met. It was a very nice inn and the room was very comfortable, which is too bad because I would have probably stayed there again had I had a better experience with the innkeeper.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Oak Lawn, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

This was my first time at a B&B and hopefully every experience after this is just as good. The food was excellent,the rooms were beautiful and hands down they have everything there that you can think of to make your visit perfect. From the tourist attraction info to the ear plugs on the bedroom nightstand. They were very informative on directions and just answering any questions that we had.They even have sleep number beds!!!.I loved it and someday hope to definatly be back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
South Bend, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

When you go on vacation, you want to be able to relax and enjoy your weekend. From the start of the stay, you realize that you are spending the weekend at your friend's mom's house. What I mean is your are questioned at every turn. Not allowed food in the room, that I'm paying for? Still don't understand that one. I was told to open the door instead of using the A/C that was furnished in the room. Don't get me wrong, I think the owners try, they should just stick to raising dogs, instead of pretending to bee inn keepers. I absolutely felt uncomfortable wanting to hang out in the house, very much a bother for the owners it seemed. At one point was told that most guests just sleep there because they are visiting the campus all day. Like it was a bother to have guests in there home. For the money we spent, I would expect a little more hospitality.

Room Tip: Go to another b&b
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Brenda53, Owner at Scottish Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Just want to clarify a couple of statements made in this review. Guests can have snacky foods and beverage in their room (there is a refrigerator in two of the guestrooms). At check-in we ask our guests to eat meals (if they are eating in) in the indoor pool room, the outside garden patio or in the dining room, because there is no table in their guestroom. In Northern Indiana the temperatures in the Fall are comfortable at 68-55 degrees, so we ask our guests to please help us "Go Green" and conserve energy and turn off the A/C and enjoy some fresh air. When guests come to town for a Notre Dame Football game weekend or come here to "Amish Country" they are here for each other and we do our best to pamper them, feed them well and do our very best to make them feel comfortable and we have to consider the future guests coming in behind them that everything is left the way they found it.

Been to Scottish Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!