“Hotel was awesome and very cost efficient.... close to...” 4 of 5 stars

You added Super 8 Motel Bloomington to your Saves list
Super 8 Motel Bloomington
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1751 North Stonelake Drive, Bloomington, IN 47404   |
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Bloomington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed here for business. The staff was always friendly. The breakfast good. My room was always clean. No problems for me. No noise issues. I was a little concerned at first about staying at a Super 8, but the staff here was great.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Lawrenceville, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My family and I stayed here while visiting my niece. The hotel itself, not to bad really. Needs some updating, but it looked as though they were getting ready to start some remodeling.
The beds, are HORRIBLE!!! Like sleeping on a bed of concrete! The bed spreads are very dated, and quite straggly,
The breakfast only consist of donuts, cinnamon rolls, cereal, or a waffle, in which the first morning, the waffle mix was so thin, it wouldn't make a waffle, the lady at the front desk couldn't have cared less.
The coffee was empty, the cold cereal was all over the counter. Huge mess!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Seymour, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for one Saturday night after coming to Bloomington to celebrate my birthday. We were going to the comedy club and it was going to be after midnight when we were done and did not want to drive home. We were looking for an affordable place to stay and really were not looking for any luxuries. Boy they nailed that on the head!!! All in all this is a dirty cheap hotel. The problem was that we were charged $145.00 for this room!! It was described as a suite with a king bed. I don't think just because you put a half wall next to the bed and on the other side of it is a ratty sleeper sofa qualifies the room as a suite. The room was dirty and had a fowl odor. The bed spread clearly had not been washed in a long time. Nasty!! When we went down for the complimentary breakfast at 9:00 am on Sunday morning there was nothing but trash laying around. No fruit, no juice, no bagels, no doughnuts or rolls. The only thing left was dry cereal thrown all over the place but no milk. A lady in front of ask the front desk staff for a cup and it was quite clear the employee did not want to be bothered so we thought it would be a waste of time to ask if they were going to refill anything. We went back to our dirty room and waited about 15 minutes and my husband went down to see if it had been stocked ( now about 9:30 am). The whole thing had been cleared and cleaned. So much for our free breakfast included in our $145.00 room!! Don't waste your time or money. There are several other hotels very nearby that I am sure would be better. We will never stay here of any Super 8 again. It was a "super" waste of money!!!

Room Tip: Skip this place
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Wayne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

good place to stay. I travel on business, and always choose the Super 8. Rooms are nice, and I need the refridgerator and microwave. I also enjoy the pool. Breakfast is good, and ready early.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

It's been a few years since I stayed in a Super 8 - and I remember cell like rooms with a tiny window. Well this room was better, and had a bigger window (with no real view). But I only stayed here due to a Hotwire rate significantly cheaper than elsewhere - that I then found out was only a few $ cheaper than booking direct.....

If you value your sleep, be sure to NOT get a room near the breakfast/check in area - unless you like listening to the lobby TV in the evening, early morning, and enjoy the sound of people in the breakfast area.

Typically, the place is built cheaply - as in you hear you neighbors, next door and thumping around upstairs.

The breakfast is very limited. Waffle machine, some prepackaged pastries/muffins, cereals, and a couple of juices. Not even any yoghurt.

The room though, was OK. Apart from some stray hairs on a towel, it seemed clean. Old TVs, no flat screen. Wireless internet was slooooooooow. Ended up using an adjacent hotel's wireless, which was much faster.....

Much nicer than Motel 6, but you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: AWAY from the lobby/breakfast/ice/stairs.....
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Motel Bloomington? Share your experiences!