“Low Budget Hotel close to Indiana Campus” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #14 of 23 hotels in Bloomington
chicago,il
“Low Budget Hotel close to Indiana Campus”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2009

I would stay here again due to the closeness to Indiana Campus. I got a great deal for the night. This place is older and no frills, but ti got the job done. Room is average but internet is free. Alot of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

134 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
columbus, ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

DO NOT travel here. I have never written a review before but my experience was SO bad that I just had to. The Service was horrible, the place was filthy, and only if I would have known before I booked. When I called the corporate office to complain they hung up on me. I have challenged the charged with my credit card company.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
lexington,ky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

The hotel was decent for the price, but the location was great for campus as I was there for Little 500 festivities. The room was ok and pretty basic for the price. It was all OK until we wanted to check out. Before checking out I asked if I could split the charges onto two different cards so that my friend and I could share the costs. Working in the hotel industry for about two years i know that this is not hard to do especially before someone checks out.
When we asked for the guy behind the counter first said it would be no problem(he was of indian decent and I believe the owner). After messing with the computer he told me it was not possible and in turn ended up putting all the charges on my friend's card instead of leaving it on mine where it was orginally. Understandably so, my friend was a bit upset and asked that next time that they ask before putting it on his card or switching it like they did. The owner almost immediately got upset with him telling him that it was not possible and literally threw his card back at him across the desk. When my friend told him he would be calling the head office we were ordered out of the hotel.
This is not the way to treat customers when they request certain things. My friend never yelled or used abusive language towards him, but still got horrible treatment. Just thought everyone would like to know....

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
chicago, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2009

Booked this hotel because Trip Advisor feedback was OK...clean accomodations, a little loud if too close to road but overall a value for the money. What was not mentioned was the one thing that any hotel/motel should have as a number one priority...A GOOD MATTRESS TO SLEEP ON! When you're in the sleep business isn't a good nights' sleep what we are all paying for? Mattresses were old (1996 to be exact) and disgusting. Hard to sleep on almost exposed coils and so I didn't sleep at all. And the pillows were also disgusting. Old and flat. Breeding ground for the bed bug epidemic.

Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2009

My visit was 4 nights. I give an enthusiastic DITTO to great and thorough description in the Jul 31, 2008 review titled "great value". They covered almost everything, so I've only a couple things to add.

I highly commend the cooperative housekeeping staff who bent over backwards to fill requests like extra towels, shampoo, etc. The several gentlemen at the desk were gracious and helpful. Breakfast included hot/cold cereal, toast, bagels, sweet rolls and fruit juice, coffee (tea?). Not bad! The location is central to grocery stores, fast food chains, drug stores, strip mall services. The carpet, furniture, room appointments appear to be relatively new. Matress was average. There were no funny smells or mildew. There is safe in the room, coffee maker, and a morning university newspaper free at the desk.

This hotel is heads and above others at this weekday price point ($40), and compares easily to more expensive economy hotels.

• Liked — Forgot to mention FREE in room WiFi--plus computer available in lobby
  • Disliked — Weather was extremely cold, and heater ran little too hot on coolest setting.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2009

We booked this hotel because it was convenient for us to go to the Mall of America and for us to catch a flight the following day. We booked a non-smoking room, but when we checked in, the room had plenty of evidence of smoking in the room (we even found a cigarette butt behind the bed).

We approached an older man at the front desk who spent more time arguing that the room was a non-smoking one than investigating the evidence or, quite simply, assigning us a different room.

Breakfast the next day was understaffed, so most of the "Bear Bites" amenities were not replenished. Other customers seemed frustrated.

We weren't expecting luxury, and the price seemed okay in the beginning, but given the rude service and the poor cleanliness of the room, we will spend $10 more and stay at another competing hotel with better service.

• Liked — Location, price
  • Disliked — Manager's attitude, breakfast, cleanliness
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2008

The room was fine. basic. seemed to be clean. the towels supplied were minimal, the coffee in the room supplies did not include tea and only one pack of sweetener. The man at the desk was EXTREMELY rude. both when calling for reservations, and when we needed some help en route with directions. There was one young man who answered the phone and manned the desk, when we got him, he was fine. but I believe it was the owner who we had several conversations with who was so rude. After the phone conversation asking for some help with directions, I did not want to even check in. I could not believe how rude he was. otherwise the accomodations were adequate.

• Liked — it had beds and a tv
  • Disliked — the staff
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Bloomington Travelodge? Share your experiences!