“Wonderful lakeside resort” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Bloomington
Houston, Texas
“Wonderful lakeside resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

My family and i recently stayed in Bloomington for a look at IU for our oldest daughter. My husband loves the water so we gave this lakeside property a try.
The staff was wonderfula and the checkin girl was very helpful. Unfortunately the weather was not very conudive for much outside but the indoor pool is beautiful and has fabulous views of the lake.
The rooms are all new and really nice, we got a great deal for a hotel this nice. They are running a winter special that I would recomend to everybody. It only took ten minutes to get to downtown bloomington from the resort.
We did not eat in the restaurants but we did have breakfast and it was a good value with a very nice selection.
We did not get a lakeside room but if we come back (if my daughter goes to IU) then we will get lakeside accomodations, the views are really spectacularI.
I would reccomend this hotel and it would be amazing in the summer.

Room Tip: Get a lakeside room for view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Doug T, Guest Relations Manager at Fourwinds Resort And Marina, responded to this review, December 14, 2013

Your kind words and positive feedback on the resort is also appreciated.

We will try and earn your business each and every time you visit. If there is ever anything we can do to improve your next stay please don’t hesitate to ask.

Safe travels to you and your family.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Shelbyville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I guess this place had a poor reputation a while back, but when I visited the desk staff informed me they were under new management and had undertaken a slew of improvements at the resort, and it definitely shows. The rooms featuring unique, naturalistic designs that I've never seen in a hotel before. The ground level rooms had sliding doors that open onto patio areas where you can look out over the lake, which would be fantastic in the summer. We were here during the winter, but it was still a very pleasant stay. The off season price is unbeatable for such a nice hotel. It was a great place to stay for a couple of days while we were visiting nearby Bloomington. Everything was very clean, and the staff members were friendly and helpful. I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Doug T, Guest Relations Manager at Fourwinds Resort And Marina, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Thank you very much for your great review.
The resort has been around since the 70’s and it had gotten very tired.
A complete renovation was done recently and this is what you are enjoying.
The FourWinds does offer a very unique experience not found anywhere in Bloomington with all the amenities the property has to offer.
Safe travels to you and your family and we look forward to your return.
Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Nice people, beautiful views, fun activities for the kids & relaxing. You can enjoys a fun filled day on the lake or a relaxing afternoon on the beach or by the beautifully remolded pool. The waterfalls on the property also add to its charm.

Room Tip: The lake side rooms have beautiful views and overlook the propery.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing.
Your great review is shared with all our staff and they appreciate your kind words too.
We are very glad you had a wonderful stay and using our property for your accommodations.
We are the only property with so many amenities in the Bloomington area including of course our beach, all located on the shores of beautiful Lake Monroe.
Safe travels to you and your family and we look forward to your return when you visit Bloomington again.
Bloomington, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

After a long, busy weekend at IU family weekend, it was nice coming back to a clean room at the Fourwinds resort. The service ladies at the front desk, who I think were Kelsey and Sarah, were very pleasant, which is a rarity in Bloomington hotels, and were more than happy to help us with anything we needed. Kathy was also very helpful and pleasant when I asked her for towels for my husband and I. I will definitely be planning another stay the next time we visit our daughter.

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing.
We are very glad you had a wonderful weekend with IU and using our property for your accommodations.
Seal Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

DIRTY?!! I don't know how anyone can say its dirty... It was beautiful, clean,everyone was so pleasant, we even had the honor of meeting the GM whom was very funny! We had a great experience and will hopefully be back soon!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner suite, very beautiful!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay at our resort and your great review.

We share all reviews with our staff to insure they are appreciated for the hard work they do or in some cases to correct mistakes that are made.

Our resort is large and has many amenities not offered at any Bloomington hotel, including over 100 acres of property on the shores of Lake Monroe.

Thank you for recognizing how great our property is.

Safe travels to you and your family and we look forward to your return.
West Baden Springs, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My wife, my best friends family and I stayed here on Saturday night. What a pleasant surprise. We arrived to beautiful Deluxe Suite with an adjoining room for our friends. The rooms were luxurious and smelled brand new. First we took a walk in the Fairfax State Recreation Area and along the beach which surrounds the Hotel. We then to dinner in the Tradewinds Restaurant. I had their specialty the prime rib and it was awesome. My wife had King Crab and the portions were so large we shared. Crab cakes and fried green tomatoes were an awesome appetizer. Our room had balconies where we had a great view of the sunset over the lake and beautiful fall foliage. We woke to sun coming up over the lake and headed to breakfast. A buffet with everything fresh fruit, waffles, pancakes etc. I had a fun time watching the children make their own waffles. S

Room Tip: Get a lake view room the few extra dollars are worth it. The view is spectacular. They have package...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Doug T, Guest Relations Manager at Fourwinds Resort And Marina, responded to this review, November 8, 2013

Your kind words and positive feedback on the resort is also appreciated.

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

My son wanted to go to the lake for his birthday weekend. We used to own a condo at Lake Monroe so we were familiar with the Fourwinds area and decided to give the hotel a try. It was fantastic! We would go back again and we look forward to when we have a free weekend. First, I must say the owners have done a fantastic job updating the facility. Owning the condo years ago, we had been there before and it was like a totally different place! We were very impressed on how much they invested in the comfort of their guests. The indoor pool is wonderful! We really loved the incorporation of the local limestone into the structure and the restaurants on-site were great! The rooms were cozy. We booked two queen beds with a balcony which worked well for us. They no longer allow dogs...which, although I am a dog owner and would have loved to bring my dog...there are drawbacks to folks allowed to bring their dogs. The walls are thin so although I have mixed feelings about not having my pup along, I do think it was a positive change. They offer contact information to a local boarding facility if the need is there. The breakfast in the morning ran about $8 in the Fall of 2013 which was reasonable considering how much food was there. It was buffet style with biscuits and gravy, eggs, bacon, sausage and much more. Plenty of choices for everyone. We also rented a pontoon for a half day which was right outside the door. It was reasonably priced and efficiently run. They also have option of renting by the hour and even overnight packages if you would like. Our boat was well maintained and the staff was very through in their training. I think the only thing I would change in our visit would be to have a ground floor room facing the lake. I got the top floor so that we would have a better view but really, the ground floor units were just a good and you could walk right out. Our room was not close to the elevator and so it was difficult at times hauling our stuff and having a main or ground floor unit would have made it easier. The last aspect I would like to share was a surprise positive. We arrived late on Friday night after we got off work from Indy. As we hauled our luggage up the stairs there was a security officer stationed at the top of the stairs. When I saw him, I wondered why he was there. Was it a good thing or a bad thing? On our Saturday night, I found out that the security officer was a very good thing. Being a resort, there are folks that will sometimes engage in too much to drink and be disrespectful to the other guests. The folks in the room next to us were one of these groups. They came in at 2:00am cursing and very, very loud. I called down to the front desk and the security officer is the one that came and told the folks to quiet down. I thought this was wonderful because most of the front desk help appears to be college age and I was thankful they didn't have to deal with drunk 40 something folks. Unfortunately, the visit from the security officer just made the folks next door mad and they became even worse cursing about "this is a college town and we are being told to be quiet at 2:00am!!" so I called the front desk again. The front desk was so apologetic, it was nice. The security officer came again and respectfully asked them to quiet down and I think they either did or left because the party ended after that. Fourwinds, is a wonderful place to celebrate and enjoy but with their huge financial investment of reconstruction, they are making it much more family focused which in my opinion, is a wonderful thing!

Room Tip: In my opinion, either the main or ground floor are the best options because the ease of access to th...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
WOW!!!Thank you for taking the time to write a great review, we sincerely appreciate it.

Your kind words and positive feedback on the resort is one of the best rewards for us trying as hard as we do to make the FourWinds a great getaway resort.

Safe travels to you and your family.

Been to Fourwinds Resort And Marina? Share your experiences!