After checking in, I went to the “remodeled fitness facility” to work out only to find that the equipment was quite old and difficult on the knees.
I went back to my hotel room and did as recommended by experts…check the mattress for signs of bed bugs. To my horror, there was one moving. I called the front desk who asked if I could hold. I said just a quick moment. After 5 minutes, I hung up and went to the desk to tell them my room had bed bugs (if you see one, there are far more there). She asked if I wanted to change rooms. Was that question even necessary? I was given a new room but no offer of help to move my things from one room to the other. No one apologized or seemed even vaguely surprised at my finding. In addition, I was never offered any compensation for my troubles which includes having everything cleaned to prevent bringing any bugs home. Oh, and did I mention I was charged $10?? (I did try to find another hotel to stay but everything was booked...)
I did switch rooms to one without bugs. The next morning, I put my used towel on the floor to be changed as it had makeup powder on it. When I came back to my room Saturday night, I went to grab a clean towel from the shelf. I unfolded the nice new towel, only to discover it had the same make up stains. Yep, housekeeping just folded up the used towel and put it back. The wastebasket wasn’t emptied and the sink was dirty.
That evening the neighbors were having a party. They decided to smoke outside by the garbage can to entrance 2. The smell of smoke was extraordinarily strong in my room. The party went on all night even after I had asked them to quiet down and asked the front desk to handle it.
I would have loved to chat about this with a manager, but the manger was not reachable for the next few days. I will never stay at this establishment again (I am in the area frequently and was hoping to try somewhere new).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fourwinds Resort and Marina, located on beautiful Lake Monroe, in the Fairfax State Recreation Area, Bloomington, Indana, offers a year-round, lakeside get-away, for families, business travelers, groups, and visitors to Southern Indiana. Within a short drive to the Bloomington, business district and Indiana University, the Fourwinds Resort & Marina is a wonderful alternative, to a more "traditional" hotel experience. Breathtaking lake views from most rooms, with walk-out patios and balconies, in a relaxed setting. The Fourwinds Resort and Marina will be your favorite "Destination Location". Boat Rentals, transient slips, Fairfax State Recreation Area, Corporate Meeting space, Wedding Venues, and much more await you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Fourwinds Resort And Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fourwinds Resort And Marina Hotel Bloomington
- Fourwinds Hotel Bloomington
- Fourwinds Hotel And Marina