“Great, fresh, local (but expensive)” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Farm Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 300 Restaurants in Bloomington
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Dining
Denver
“Great, fresh, local (but expensive)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I ended up getting an "appetizer" because the menu was quite expensive. I did really enjoy my duke cassoulet. The service was great. It wasn't very formal, but most entres on the menu were $25+. Probably a great place for parents weekend or special occasions.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bloomington, Indiana
“Not too bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Food here wasn't too bad. I thought the portions could use a pick me up though. My friend had the omelet with mushrooms and goat cheese, I believe. Tasty! I had the steak and eggs. Steak again was delicious.

Visited November 2012
newport beach
“Trying hard......but over rated”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We are here in Bloomington In. from the West Coast to visit U.I. as our daughter was accepted for the following fall. We dined last night in Indianapolis at Harry & Issy's and had a fabulous meal and service. We asked our waiter for a recommendation in Bloomington. The two recommendations were Farm and Scholar's. We chose Farm, as it was reknown for its use of local ingredients.
Let me start by says we were there on a Sunday, we were informed that it was the night they let the sou chefs shine. The wait staff was very sweet and helpful. I noticed quite a few ingredients on the menu that would be far from local, my husband accually said after ordering a drink then viewing the menu, that me might just have the drink and try another restaurant. I was of the opinion that we give it a try. I ordered the local procured chicken, which was served with a chili rub, bok Choy and fingerling potatoes. The dish was beyond flavorless, bread was servered as an appetizer and charge at $3.00. My husband ordered a personal size pizza "the big red" which had all the right ingredients. Thin crust, stone fired, tomatoe sauce, cheese, it was said to have pesto sauce, maybe chopped basil, but zero favor and very greasy. We then even tried dessert, mine chocolate salt tart or salt chocolate tart, hubby's chocolate eclaire...again I must say flavorless. We brought the pizza and tart back to our teenaged kids and after a bite they passed.
This bill for two with tip was $125.00

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
West Lebanon, Indiana, United States
“Overpriced and not worth the value”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

ASked the waitress if they had ala carte and she had no idea!!! Friends ordered eggs, sausage, hashbrowns and toast for two and it was 40.00. Rediculous.

Visited February 2013
Bloomington
“A little snooty”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Sometimes have trouble getting seated when there are plenty of seats available. Rumor has it that Tom Petty was turned away once when there were seats open in view. Same thing happened to me. Food is well prepeared and often interesting, but staff is snooty for no good reason. Better choices just steps to the west.

Visited January 2013