“Best sandwiches and salads in town -- and great coffee to boot” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #128 of 270 Restaurants in Bloomington
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Coffee Shop, Ice Cream
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Jumpin' all over the world
“Best sandwiches and salads in town -- and great coffee to boot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

When I told a few people that I was visiting Bloomington 20 years after graduating, several said that I had to eat at Stefano's -- and specifically said to get one of their great sandwiches. It's downstairs at the Fountain Square Mall -- and is just a small counter to order breakfast, lunch and desserts. We had a panini sandwich and a mandarin salad and both were fantastic. We met Mr. Popalyar and Grandma Dolores, who made and served our food with genuine friendliness. And it was affordable. No wonder so many people recommended we try the place out -- and I am now recommending it to everyone too! :)

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Best place in Bloomington”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Best food by a long shot and a healthier option. Great atmosphere and location. Brilliant service. Definitely worth the money.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ellettsville
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

While we were at Fountain Square Mall visiting Santa, we were given a coupon for a cookie from Stefano's. It's so nice that they give back:)

Visited November 2011
Bloomington, Indiana
“Like visiting an old friend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

I used to come to Fountain Square Mall several times a week, two years straight. I would stop in at Stephanos about every other week for something, a drink, snack, lunch. The place i was taking classes moved, and it had been a couple years since the last time, but we stopped in for lunch. They put a hand-written sign out front, the same one they used years ago, with the text running out of room at the end, getting smaller and squishier, and the last letters being pushed to the next line. made me laugh. but the sandwiches are stil good, the sausage and gravy special is still great. Many of the times I was there I would be served by and hourly. this time, it was the wife of the owner serving us. What a wonderful lady. It is a quaint place. I often wonder how they stay in business, but they do. the place has two places to sit in the enclosed part of the restaurant and several, say 8-10 outside the restaurant. it is like you are out in a part of the mall rather than in the restaurant, but it still is in a basement corner so it is very pleasant. I highly recommend giving it a try.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
SF BAY AREA
“sweet as can be”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

great place for a sweet tooth fix with some real innovation and classics as well

Visited November 2011