“Excellent Family Hotel!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Bloomington
Lakewood, Ohio
“Excellent Family Hotel!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We have 3 kids and got the two queen beds room with pullout sofa. Everything was so clean and the room was just perfect. Having a buffet breakfast included was icing on the cake. Food was delicious. I would not Chang a thing.

• Stayed August 2013
Stephanie H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Bloomington, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you will return next time you are in Bloomington.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

The 2-bedroom, 2-bath suite is very comfortable for a family of 4. The rooms are just the right sizes and nicely appointed. I liked being able to make coffee in a kitchen and relax and check emails in the living room, while the rest of the family was still sleeping in the bedrooms. It was almost as nice as being at home. The complimentary breakfast was delicious. Can't wait to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Stephanie H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Bloomington, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience. Please come back and see us the next time you are visiting Bloomington
Bloomington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several time and am always pleased! The staff is friendly and professional. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. Love the complimentary breakfast. Big time saver when traveling.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Stephanie H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Bloomington, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thank you for being our guest! We are so pleased that you have returned to see us each time you vist Bloomington. We hope to be your home away from home while you child attends IU.
Spring Hill, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed here on business. The clerk checking me in messed up my reservation. It was quickly resolved. I checked into my room and the room was very dated and carpet not cleaned. I was immediately placed into another room. Not much better but useable. Overall hotel is clean and nice. close to shops and restaurants. I did not get a chance to take advantage of the breakfast but it was set up nicely - Despite the issues, staff was very attentive and accommodating. I would stay again...

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. It sounds like there a few things we could have done better which we are working on but I hope that in the future you will consider giving us another try.
Washington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I travel quite often for whether its business or for leisure, and I have to admit that my stay at the Homewood Suites may possibly have been one of my best. From check-in to check-out, it was phenomenal. I was extremely pleased with their service and they went above and beyond to meet my expectations.
It is located in a business plan, so the traffic was very minimal in the evenings. The hotel was convenient to restaurants as well as to gas stations, grocery stores and the interstate. I was pleased with my room, as I felt as though I was almost staying in an apartment. It was quite large, with a big HDTV. Sitting area, full kitchenette, and a nice comfy bed. Everything was clean and in order when I arrived and each day when I arrived back after work. The bathroom was nice having the sink outside of the shower/toilet.
Breakfast each morning was great. They offered eggs, sausage or bacon, french toast or french toast sticks, cereal, fruit, bread, muffins, juice, etc. Everything was good and the staff was extremely friendly. Dinner was great as well. They typically have a schedule placed on your fridge of what they are having each evening. Dinner was good, as I only had dinner two nights when I was there. They always have a small salad bar with a few dressings, so that's nice as well. Included was drinks, you could have either wine or beer (they had bud light on tap).
The bed was extremely comfortable, and I had a great sleep. Its what you would expect from the typical Hampton quality, so no different.
I would highly recommend this to anyone who is a business traveler. You have great privacy, a nice desk, comfortable bed, and a kitchen with a full fridge if you want to make your own meals as well.
The only complaint I have is that I thought the Exercise Area was a bit small, and didn't have much to accommodate you if you're into working out. They had a treadmill, Elliptical, and a few other odds and ends. There was no weight bench though. The treadmills were nice though as they had a built-in TV and you could plug your headphones in and watch TV without worrying about the larger tv being on. That was quite nice. The pool area was nice though. They had a pool and a hot tub, which I have to say, they had the hot-tub cranking, as most typically aren't turned up very high. I had a hard time sitting in there for more than 10 minutes before I had to actually get out and go swim.
Overall, great hotel and worth the stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Stephanie H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Bloomington, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
It means so much to us that as often as you travel, you feel you had one of your best experiences at our hotel! The great review that wrote will really help other travelers see everything that our hotel has to offer. Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel.
EVANSVILLE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

This hotel lives up to the fine reputation for top quality accommodations and value earned by Homewood Suites. As an IU alum visiting campus for business, the location isn't ideal but the great night's sleep made up for it. My new favorite hotel brand for great value and a great suite.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Stephanie H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Bloomington, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay! If business brings you back in town again we hope you will return to see us.
Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I've heard a lot of great things about Homewood Suites and when I was finally given then opportunity to book at one, I saw why they strive as one of the more luxurious hotels. The suites are great, the beds are comfortable and you feel at home. Great breakfasts in the morning are available with Eggs, Sausage, Bacon, Omelets, French Toast, French Toast Sticks, Cereal, Muffins, Bagels, Fruit, OJ, Apple Juice, Water, Coffee, and much more. They usually rotate the Eggs, Omelets, Bacon, Sausage, French Toast/Sticks each day to something different, but regardless a great breakfast. The dinners were even pretty good. They do offer you beer or wine during your dinner which is nice when you're unwinding from a long day. I would stay again, and would definitely recommend this to anyone who is a business traveler!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We are so glad that we were able to be your first experience at a Homewood Suites! We do offer a variety of amenities but we sincerely hope that it was our customer service that made it feel like home. We hope you will come back and visit us again soon.

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Bloomington? Share your experiences!