This property is superbly located for exploring downtown Bloomington. The hotel is clean and the staff is friendly and competent. Rooms are well appointed. Received a good rate using the AAA discount and booking online. My king-sized bedroom was perhaps a little small, but it had a good desk with free internet and one chair and stool; no complaints for a solo traveler. In typical hotel fashion, you had to plod through the remote menu offerings to access cable channels.
On Saturdays in the summer, there is an excellent farmers' market behind the hotel. This market is an interesting place to catch a breakfast or lunch.
There were two annoying negatives.
The elevators were small and only two were available for not only guests, but also for service personnel. In the morning, when everybody was trying to check out, maids were filling the elevators with towel carts! I would hate to be in this hotel when only one elevator was working.
Also the parking situation is not ideal. There are perhaps ten 15-minute parking slots in front of the hotel. These are to be used to register and then unload (load upon leaving).
I had a lot of luggage for a business trip that I didn't want to leave in my car. Upon checking in, I found a vacant unloading slot and a luggage carrier was available to help me port my luggage to my room in one trip. No complaint.
Upon checking out around 10 a.m., no parking slots or luggage carriers were available. I instead made three trips to my car in the parking garage, which necessitated using the packed elevators repeatedly, often waiting for an empty one.
The parking garage is a public garage behind the hotel and is accessed through a small, open-air courtyard off the hotel's basement level. It's perhaps a three-minute walk with luggage from the hotel elevator to the parking garage elevator. Crossing the open-air courtyard may be unpleasant in inclement weather, especially during a snowstorm/blizzard. Parking was $5 through 6 p.m. the day of checkout with in/out privileges.
I would stay here again very willingly given the hotel's quality and excellent location despite the elevators and parking situation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Bloomington is located in the heart of downtown, within walking distance to a variety of boutiques and shops, and just a short drive to Lake Monroe, Brown County State Park, and Nashville Indiana - a historic artist colony. It is also perfect for parents visiting Indiana University. Guest rooms offer complimentary high-speed Internet Access, large work stations, marble bathrooms, and flat screen TVs. The property also features pool and whirlpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Bloomington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Bloomington Hotel Bloomington
- Hilton Bloomington
- Bloomington Hilton Garden Inn